Hitman 3 - July 2021 Patch (3.50)

Here’s a thread for it

The HITMAN 3 June Patch arrives on Tuesday July 27, 2021 and signals the start of the Season of Lust.

As the fourth act of the Seven Deadly Sins, the Season of Lust brings new premium content and a new permanent event for all HITMAN 3 owners. Plus, there’s new and returning Elusive Targets, new unlocks to earn through Featured Contracts and the ‘Goldballer’ makes it’s long-awaited debut as an unlockable item!

The July Patch prepares the game for that content and also brings fixes and improvements.

HITMAN 3 – July Patch Overview

HITMAN 3 will be updated to version 3.50 on all platforms; PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC, Stadia and Switch.

Patch Release: Tuesday 27th July 2021, 1pm UTC / 3pm CEST / 6am PT

Maintenance: Starts one hour before the release of the patch on all platforms. The game servers for each platform will come back online once they’ve been checked and verified, as such there is no set end time for the maintenance window. Updates will be posted to the official @IOInteractive Twitter account.

Patch size: Approximately 3-4 GB on all platforms.

Cloud: Stadia and Switch players do not need to download or install the patch. They will get access to the latest version when they launch the game after the above ‘patch release’ time.

HITMAN 3 – July Patch New Content

Seven Deadly Sins Act 4: Lust (Premium Content)

Your journey through HITMAN 3’s Seven Deadly Sins continues with Act 4: Lust. This time, you’re in Berlin…

This new content includes the Lust Assignation Escalation, a unique one-stage contract that tasks you with hunting down safes and blowing them open (alternatively, keys are available) to collect intel on a secret admirer. Collect the clues and observe everyone on the dancefloor to identify the secret admirer and the Pretenders. Each time you start the contract, the admirer will be randomly selected to make each playthrough different and put all of your sleuthing skills to the test.

Completing the Lust Assignation brings three unique rewards. First, the Scarlet Suit , a red snakeskin suit complemented by matching driving gloves and sunglasses. The perfect outfit to wear when winning hearts (or breaking them).

Next, The Serpent’s Bite , a remotely detonated explosive that is crafted to look like a loosley coiled snake. It’s made with only the most descriminating and aesthetic assassins in mind, if not the most discreet. Finally, The Serpent’s Tongue is a unique crossbow loaded with blinding darts. The red and black snake motif is a guaranteed conversation starter.

Dartmoor Garden Show

Welcome to the Dartmoor Garden Show, a brand-new, free and permanent event for all HITMAN 3 owners that arrives on August 5th.

This unique event is Dartmoor like you’ve never seen it before. With bright skies above, four distinct gardens have been installed in the mansion grounds to showcase the pinnacle of horicultural excellence from around the world. Each garden has been curated by a world-class gardner that will present their best blooms to three judges – who you might recognise as familiar characters from the opening of the Burj Al-Ghazali in Dubai. With unique installations, new gardeners and returning characters as the judges, there’s a lot going on – but we’re just getting started.

The Dartmoor Garden Show will play out as a three stage Escalation on your first playthrough, where a client and accomplice are randomly assigned, meaning that the winner of the Garden Show (which is based just as much on who is alive to claim the prize, as it is based on the quality of the gardens) will be different each time. Once you’ve completed all three stages once, you’ll unlock the Summer Sightseeing Suit , the perfect companion for your future playthroughs.

You’ll also unlock Deterministic Mode , which can be activated by resetting the Escalation back to Stage 1 and choosing a newly-unlocked Starting Location. In this new mode for the Dartmoor Garden Show, we remove the randomised element and give you full control of who should be left alive to claim the prize of Dartmoor’s Greatest Gardner.

Finally, Contracts Mode is fully enabled for the Dartmoor Garden Show, giving you that chance to create your own contracts on any of the NPCs at the event. Craft your own narratives, setup your own challenges and compete for bragging rights with your friends.

Featured Contract Rewards

The Season of Lust brings another milestone reward for completing Featured Contracts. Rack up 50 completions across HITMAN 3 locations and the SMG Raptor by RubyRude is yours to keep.

New Unlockables

It’s finally here. The ICA 19 Goldballer will be added to HITMAN 3 with the July Patch and can be unlocked by completing the newly added “Untouchable” challenge. Head to the Carpathian Mountains and complete the “Untouchable” campaign mission to add this highly-requested weapon to your inventory. If you’ve already completed the campaign, you’ll need to complete the mission again to trigger the unlock.

GENERAL ISSUES (3.50)

Language Support
We’ve added full text localisation of all in-game menus and subtitles for the following languages on all platforms: Russian, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. All players will be able to access these languages after downloading the 3.50 patch.

Japanese Support
With the 3.50 patch, we’ve prepared the game for the release of the game on PlayStation Store in Japan on August 26th, including full text localisation of all in-game menus and subtitles into Japanese.

General Stability
We’ve resolved several issues and rolled out improvements to our online connectivity as well as fixed several issues that could cause the game to crash or be unstable.

Xbox Access Pass
We’ve made a back-end change to address an issue that could prevent some Xbox users from accessing their HITMAN 1 or HITMAN 2. Affected players should be able to access all of their own content within HITMAN 3 with no further issues.

Gamma Series X
We’ve resolved an issue for Xbox players that could cause some tiles in the menus to flicker if the Gamma Correction was set to any value other than 1.00.

Statistically Speaking
We’ve tweaked several issues with the Statistics page, including incorrect mastery levels being displayed, several visual elements not displaying correctly and certain progress bars that didn’t ‘fill up as expected.

The Face of Agent 47
We’ve resolved an issue where Agent 47 would wear a previous version of his face when wearing a suit from a previous game in the trilogy. Now, he’ll always wear the HITMAN 3 version of his face, regardless of the suit he’s wearing.

Featured Contracts Unlocks
We’ve tweaked a few issues with players being unable to earn the items attached to the Featured Contracts Milestone challenges, despite fulfilling the requirements. There’s several causes for this, but we’ve worked through the various constellations and made adjustments for the known causes. Players who have completed the aforementioned challenges should see all relevant rewards unlocked and in their inventory after the 3.50 update.

Trophy/Achievements/Challenges
We’ve listed all the trophies/achievements and challenges that have had their unlock conditions tweaked in this patch below.

Fly Tipping (challenge) – Santa Fortuna
The Gig is Up (challenge) – Landslide: Sapienza
Shortcut Killer (trophy/achievement)
Master the Terroir (trophy/achievement) – Mendoza
Train Surfing – Carpathian Mountains

Concept Audio
We’ve resolved an issue where the audio fire rate of the Concept 5 firearms doesn’t match the visual fire rate.

Credit Where It’s Due, 3.50
We’ve updated the in-game credits to reflect work done since the last patch, including new members of the team that have joined.

Location Changes: Dartmoor, England

Garden Show
We’ve added the Dartmoor Garden Show to the Dartmoor Destination. Read more about it above.

Sloth Subs
We’ve resolved an issue where some subtitles would appear twice during the ‘Sloth Depletion’ Escalation.

Plants vs Assassins
We’ve resolved an issue that could cause Agent 47 to vault onto a plant pot in Dartmoor.

Investigation Over
We’ve resolved an issue that could cause guards to engage in combat with 47 when he is disguised as the investigator, even though he is following Alexa at her request.

Location Changes: Berlin, Germany

Satu Situation
We’ve resolved an issue that could cause a target to enter an idle state during the Satu Mare Delirium Escalation.

Location Changes: Chongqing, China

Turn Off
We’ve resolved an issue where certain prompts in Chongqing would display placeholder text in several languages.

Fired
We’ve resolved an issue where some dialogue and subtitles were not triggered in Chongqing when interacting with a terminal in the facility.

Combat Loop
We’ve resolved an issue that could cause guards in combat to continuously fire at Agent 47 even when he is out of sight. Guards will now disengage from combat and attempt to search for 47 as expected.

Location Changes: Mendoza, Argentina

Sniper Assassin?
We’ve resolved an issue where the Sniper Assassin challenge in Mendoza didn’t mention that a Sniper Rifle was required, in certain languages.

Tomato, Timara
We’ve resolved an issue where Diana’s dialogue would refer to Tamara as ‘Timara’ in some subtitled dialogue in Mendoza.

Check Mate
We’ve resolved an issue where the Gaucho guard in the Tech Room drinks his mate incorrectly. He was drinking straight from the glass and the straw was going through his face. Now, he’ll use the metal straw.

No Time To Trespass
We’ve resolved an issue where a small area near the cinema screen in Mendoza was flagged as a trespass zone.

Villa Lights
We’ve resolved an issue that would cause lighting effects to flicker when moving between the Front Balcony and Bedroom of the Villa.

A Place For Eeverything…
We’ve resolved an issue where not everything was in it’s place…

Location Changes: Carpathian Mountains, Romania

Silent Weapons
We’ve resolved an issue that could prevent the weapon sounds for the HWK 21 Pale and ICA Tactical Shotgun Covert from playing when used by NPCs.

Finale
We’ve resolved an issue that could cause inconsistencies during the end cinematic of the Untouchable mission.

Legacy Location Changes: HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2

Lighting Issues
We’ve resolved further lighting issues on Legacy locations that were caused after new tweaks to HITMAN 3 lighting. Vignettes, bloom and textures in dark areas have been improved with these changes.

Santa Fortuna: Fly Tipping
We’ve resolved an issue that prevented players from unlocking the ‘Fly Tipping’ challenge in Santa Fortuna.

Mumbai: Train Hider
We’ve resolved an issue where the ‘concealed’ indicator was missing from certain foliage inside the Mumbai trainyard.

Haven Island: Carpet Light
We’ve resolved an issue where the carpet in the Doctor’s Hut could trigger a significant lens flare when viewed from specific angles.

Haven Island: Water Horse
We’ve resolved an issue that could make it impossible to progress the Water Horse Mission Story depending on 47’s actions.

Known Issues and Bug Reports

We’re always listening to feedback and tracking the issues that get reported. If you’ve encountered an issue with HITMAN 3 and want to tell us about it, please first check the official Known Issues list through the HITMAN 3 Player Support Hub for an updated list, where you can also submit a bug report.

19 Likes

I’ma hold my excitement. This was also said in the May patch notes and it only was a partial fix. Hopefully though… I used the Druzhina Arctic when it had the Sniper Assassin ammo to cheese all the challenges when the unlocks were all wrong because I couldn’t be bothered with the bad FC’s we were getting at the time and each run was counting as a contract. So I did create this problem myself…

So, flashbang Kalmer? That’s new.

YES!

I see, hehehe…

7 Likes

So, you completed the challenge for 40 FC’s before the reward was added, and you still don’t have that reward?

What do they mean by one stage? No second and third levels? This sounds more like a bonus mission than an escalation :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Thank god. This should have been a hotfix, but at least they’ve actually fixed it (well, hopefully). It was consistent across all menus all the time and the amount of flickering across panels was insane at times. Not only annoying, but potentially dangerous.

4 Likes

I haven’t checked my inventory recently, but I checked it when the last patch went live and maintenance had ended and I didn’t have the reward - and I also checked it after completing the 40th FC a week or so later (or whenever that batch went live) just in case that triggered something and it wasn’t there.

Unless there has been some sort of server-side fix implemented since then?

Last I looked, I only had the Sieger Case for the ones I completed early when the unlocks weren’t correct (and that was the one that showed up after the May update).

Functionally that sounds like a muffin launcher, to get past a NPC without harming them. Does not sound that useful but it is unique, who knows how it works exactly.

That is pretty cool. I wonder if both variations are present in contract mode. I wonder if there are more exits than these two.

2 Likes

If the crossbow has 4 darts or so that could really give it some functionality for some quick passes of NPCs and could easily be a good alternative to the Sieker.

Though wish the ring also acted more like a remote flash-bang but suppose there still the flash phone for that.

Since the dart guns all share ammo, introducing a 4 darts one would make the others much more OP as well.

2 Likes

Would it not be possible to set it as separate ammo? Just be a shame for a cool mechanic to be a weaker alternative with any strengths over the rest.

4 Likes

Possible probably, but there must be a reason they are not yet while clearly it is up to the type of dart what effect it has, yet they share ammo.

1 Like

I’d still take the crossbow. Emetic poison’s ‘scare and forget’ mechanic is a pain in the ass.

1 Like

Sorry, Scare and forget?

When NPCs that you have poisoned see a body/hear gunshots/go into panic mode, they ‘forget’ that they were poisoned at all. I shouldn’t have worded that way tho

1 Like

Ah fair, Though think someone saw a body regardless of being sick they would go in to a panic. Shame weren’t programmed to throw up on the spot or something while drawing peoples attention but can be quite a bit to program.

I didn’t see any mention or acknowledgement of shoulder switching. Does anyone know if we’ll get this?

3 Likes

From old patch notes it is being discussed about by IO Team.

From there it is just wait and see.

4 Likes

ENLIGHTEN ME
pls (x20)

1 Like

In Mendoza, underneath Yate’s villa, is a small locker room with 2 soldiers. If you kill them, pacify them or lure them away, you can approach table (in proper disguise) and craft yourself a Goldenballer. However, since last patch, you could only craft yourself normal Bartolli pistol. So it should be fixed now.

2 Likes