Hitman 3 Legacy Escalations Thread

I remember doing this escalation by just throwing away the briefcase from the balcony and hoping for the best. It headed towards Janus’ funeral location and I would just need to pick it up from a weapon crate where a guard brought it to. :joy:

3 Likes

That approach definitely beats throwing it on an inaccessible rooftop.

I like the escalations that bring complications not available in Contracts-mode. The “no agility” one, generally despised, is one of my favorites. I also like the “not using doors” one in Whittleton Creek, and yes, the “no stairs” is up that same alley.

The only one I dislike is the landmine complication, which basically just forces you to run in instinct mode.

The one where you have to kill targets in quick succession always stresses me out for some reason, which means I usually do the lame thing by pacifying them first. This leads to quite tedious runs, but this is squarely on me. “Don’t hate the game, hate yourself for playing it wrong” is my credo.

3 Likes

Exactly. Also ones that don’t expect you to do endless lure tricks, like most contracts do.

In a way, All complications are needless. They exist only to force the player to play that level in a specific way. Complications that have multiple ways of fulfilling them are great. Ones that immediately fail the mission are horrible. All timers are bad, full stop.

The best escalations are the ones that build on the previous level without forcing you to repeat what you just did. Few of the 2016 or Hitman 2 escalations accomplished this. They made replaying them tedious because you felt like you already played each one 3 (or 5) times already.

I think reducing it to whether they were considered by some to be good or not is the wrong way. I’d rather just have all of them. Isn’t the idea of the legacy pack to have all content under one roof? Doesn’t make sense when such content is missing.

1 Like

Whoooaaa~

Finally, I finished the Kotti Paradigm escalation. I did it almost-perfect. (I missed up in the end, forgot to pick up the boat key, body got found, I got spotted, then had to run all the way to the other side of the map to exit. Nearly had a SA.)

The first two levels, I just brute-forced it, but with this one I tried to be a legit Assassin. Figuring out a route was interesting – it’s actually way less daunting than you’d think. You just need to get to the second floor to lure the shiek into a room before he gets upstairs. And you can lure Hailey downstairs by stopping the auction.

Kinda made me appreciate it more… But maaaan, it takes a long time to get right (and I didn’t even do that), the insta-fail is very frustrating and it’s easy to forget you can’t jump over anything.
The Signature Suit restriction isn’t that bad, but it sucks when you start the contract, kill a target, then realize you have to use the default suit.

4 Likes

I’d like to suggest you an easy method that can save time and troubles on this one. But I will hide details in case you wish to discover this yourself. :wink:

An easier way to get the Sheik

Start at the garden and let the cutscene play. The Sheik will head to the balcony to smoke. you can shoot the arch of the big door right below the balcony to lure him downstairs. Use your silent pistol and shoot the 4th brick from the top, I think. Then pick the door, get the battle axe. The Sheik will be there in a minute for you to kill.

5 Likes

The Dalton Dissection is probably the hardest escalation in my opinion.

also throwing a coin under his balcony works :wink: but your way is probably cooler.

4 Likes

Nah that one isn’t too bad, just time consuming.

I’ve been plowing through them, there was a Mumbai one which was tricky and another in Santa Fortuna. Not difficult, but tough to speedrun.

3 Likes

I loved the Dalton Dissection, and it even inspired me to do a bunny suit only SA run. The suit it so ridic it cracks me up to see 47 running around int it.