HITMAN 3 - Location Transfer

I recently downloaded the free copy of HITMAN 3 from Epic, I read that you can transfer the locations from HITMAN 1 and 2 to this version.
The thing is, I am not planning on buying the full game on Epic, I would rather wait until it comes out on Steam since that’s where I keep all of my other games.
If I transfer the locations from Steam to Epic now, will I be able to do that again once the Steam version comes out?

Any transfer thing is a one-time option.
But as far as Steam remains Steam (I mean nothing will be deleted from there) you can do it and all your data will remain on Steam untouched.
We don’t know will there be an opportunity to transfer your progress from Epic to Steam.
Would be right and logical, but Steam release is quite far away, so no news or Steam mentionings from developers

I don’t really care if I lose my progress, I’ve unlocked almost everything there is from previous games.
The thing I really care about is the size of the game (it’s like 60-70Gb less than H2) and the improved visuals/sound effects.
Guess I will have to wait until IO or Steam makes an official statement on that.
Thank you for your reply.

Pure speculation based on nothing. Don’t present speculation as fact.

For all we know, IO could end up simply linking the Steam version to the same server as Epic - like they have for PS4 and PS5 or Xbox One and Series X|S meaning you can switch between different versions at any time within the same platform family and progress is still 100% up-to-date.

Progress transfer is only a one time thing in regards to moving it from a HITMAN 2 server, to a HITMAN 3 server.

As I said: Progress transfer is only a one time thing in regards to moving it from a HITMAN 2 server, to a HITMAN 3 server.

My words were clearly marked as speculation because they are preceded with “For all we know” and also includes the word “could”. What I said was not presented as fact in any way, where as you outright said Epic to Steam will not be possible. Which is completely unconfirmed.

You presented speculation as fact. I presented speculation.

Ok, good, I’ll rephrase my initial message