HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

I spent over 9 hours going over 2300+ JSON files found in HITMAN 2 and document every single one that contains information related to Story Missions, Bonus Missions, Special Assignments, Escalations, Sarajevo Six, etc. There’s also loads of Featured Contracts too but their file names won’t be listed because I only care about the official missions and besides, there’s way too many of them to list.

Right now, I listed all the Story Missions, Bonus Missions and Special Assignments in this spreadsheet.

In case you couldn’t tell by the colour codes, they’re based on the games’ UI colour schemes.
Blue/Dark is HITMAN III, Pink/Grey is HITMAN 2, and Red/White is HITMAN (2016).
I’ve yet to do the latter and I won’t be doing that any time soon because I’m exhausted.

Take note that some of the H2 JSON mission scripts on the image are outdated (won’t change the missions if edited) but I have listed the latest versions that will affect the missions when edited.

I might share my HITMAN JSON Mission Spreadsheet publicly soon once I list the other contracts.

Here are the following files not found in HITMAN III but in HITMAN 2 that intrigued me:

00E7A57B701E42FD.JSON & 00956D7F7DE827FC.JSON - Polarbear Module 002_C
00DA1D3DCE003800.JSON - BLUE BLAZER S6 Paris
00CA19A71BD99673.JSON - MIMOSA S6 Sapienza
002C147F67F1679D.JSON - GINFIZZ S6 Marrakech
001DEFC0B987FCF6.JSON - GIMLET S6 Bangkok
009B7BD3FEE4DBFF.JSON - BLACK RUSSIAN S6 Colorado
0013AFE94105E342.JSON - SEA BREEZE S6 Hokkaido
0015CB1543980460.JSON - Showstopper Silent Assassin
00D8964AD991304E.JSON - Paris VR
006DDB19F16D1250.JSON - Paris Escalation: Amaryllis - Level 10
00A8AB95064008F6.JSON & 002B3E6792192BC2.JSON - Amber Side Mission Prototype (Nodus)
0078F1BBC19B0623.JSON - The (Caruso) Brothers
005356B1D3B45202.JSON - The Finish Line E3 2018 Demo
00F2BAEA1E6B1291.JSON - Flamingo Gamescom (Miami)
00E2D266EEDEFEE9.JSON - 1v1 Gym (Miami)
005576F00A0A88FE.JSON - VS Race Miami 1v1 SA
007B87068B4567BB.JSON - VS Race Paris
00E1077463275520.JSON - Assassination Race Paris
00340ECAC2E685C5.JSON - Assassination Race Sapienza
00A3150893CB4416.JSON - VS Race Octopus 1v1 (Sapienza)
009FB86446A778F7.JSON - VS Race Octopus 1v1 P2P (Sapienza)
000ADF529764B83D.JSON - VS Race Octopus 1v1 SA
00DE10FA08197A56.JSON & 00795F2359ED8308.JSON - Versus Octopus (Sapienza)
0011B602B1D68B66.JSON - VS Race Octopus Frantic (Sapienza)
00F46310FAAF575D.JSON - Assassination Race 2nd prototype (Sapienza)
004230C628DEB062.JSON - Assassination Race 3rd Sapienza
00534DD51EF400D4.JSON - Assassination Race AccumulatingTime Sapienza
00E3E40A1F8A669A.JSON & 006EFCE383D91743.JSON - VS Race Spider (Marrakesh)
0046AFD150914707.JSON - Assassination Race Marrakesh
006E954B006DA16B.JSON - Assassination Race Bangkok
00172509946FF597.JSON - Assassination Race Colorado prototype
00E5F887E6458E9D.JSON - Assassination Race Hokkaido
001AE18F5302CBAC.JSON - Assault Octopus
008CD6B61164F275.JSON - Shanghai Pangolin Mission

My thoughts:
Polarbear Module 002_C - Already talked about this but still, third version of the ship map.
Showstopper Silent Assassin - Showstopper with some game changers. Strict SA or what?
Paris VR - Apparently IOI experimented VR in HITMAN 2 before HITMAN III. Uses VR Bricks.
Paris Escalation: Amaryllis Level 10 - Level 10 of an Escalation. There’s an Escalation with 10 Levels?
1v1 Gym (Miami) - Scene Path leads to a “gym” entity. Considered a Miami contract.
SA - SA requirement or restriction for VS (Ghost) Mode?
P2P - I know P2P means Peer to Peer but other multiplayer contracts don’t have it so I don’t know.
Frantic - This contract has the word “frantic” in the name. What could it mean?
AccumulatingTime - “AccumulatingTime” / “TIMEACUMULATION” in the name. What could it mean?
Assassination Race 2nd prototype - Has “INFINITE_BULL” in the name. What could it mean?
Assault - This contract is quite unique and has a scoring system.
What could this be? It’s considered to be part of Versus Mode. Here’s the thumbnail for Assault contract:

Apparently, there’s a contract in HITMAN 2 that takes place in a completely different location called Shanghai. Wasn’t there like DLC leaks that implied the bank was to be based in Shanghai?

There’s absolutely no proper title for the mission, and no portrait, name and description for the target.
Brick and entity definitely do not exist as the game will crash upon loading.

13 Likes

I remember some point after the Bank on the old forum I put in the future content/leak thread how I found a Create Contract Pangolin script, but I never found an actual mission for it

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was just some early days file of Chongqing

6 Likes

I was successful in switching one .TEMP outfit for another, but it doesn’t alleviate the eye color and skeleton issue. Plus the footstep sounds stay the same.

BTW, TEMP files are not just outfit data, but it seems everything else as well.

Goodness… I’m just finding the .TEMP.meta files are just an endless maze of referencing other files (which includes more .TEMP files, hence endless).
What the TEMP files themselves actually DO… Maybe they pass their information onto the files that are in the .meta? :thinking:
Are those just a result of the unpacking program or is it actually how IOI structured the files?

One example is the Summer Suit .TEMP. It contains the address for the .PRIM fedora, but if changed does nothing. The Summer Suit .TEMP references to another .TEMP that also contains the .PRIM fedora address. Changing THAT one works. :man_facepalming:

What ever happened to self contained files with all the relevant information? Haha.
Maybe the .TEMP files is the wrong place to be looking…

2 Likes

TEMP files are bricks, items, outfits, basically everything. The .meta files simply contain whether the file is compressed, XORed, its filetype, etc.

2 Likes

Can we use hitman 2 mods in hitman 3 ? I have tried to do it but it didnt worked. Used with Paint It Black Suit Mod.

1 Like

Texture and model formats changed a bit. Pawrep is already working on updating Glacier-Prim-IO for Hitman 3 support.

3 Likes

thanks for response. so after tool gets updated, modders needs to update their mods for hitman 3 if I understand it right?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s pretty much right.

2 Likes

Has he stated that he’s doing this? There are absolutely no new commits on Github.
Edit: NVM, I see him talking about models working and doing research on the new texture format, etc. on discord. :partying_face:

1 Like

No Yellow Shortcut Frames:

Now… for someone to “fix” the doors, so they work like regular doors (Maybe even locked from one side?). Curious if that will be (is already?) possible with the ZHM Mod SDK? :thinking:

Notes:
These are all the same .PRIM and .PRIM.meta files renamed. I used a 3 vertice model as the base and made it invisible (I’m pretty sure I did. :crossed_fingers:). You can easily swap out an existing .PRIM by using these files. All you gotta do is rename .PRIM and .PRIM.meta to the one you want to replace, open the .PRIM.meta in a hex editor and replace the first 8 bytes with the new ID.
e.g. 00B39BD7047ADCCE becomes CE DC 7A 04 D7 9B B3 00.

Notepad++ script:
Find what:
^(.{2})(.{2})(.{2})(.{2})(.{2})(.{2})(.{2})(.{2})
Replace with:
\8 \7 \6 \5 \4 \3 \2 \1
Search mode:
Regular expression

This info can also be used to switch out one PRIM for another.

22 Likes

This is so incredible, I love it. Definitely should be standard. All I need now is that they actually can be shut again. Im fine with them not being locked, but at least close them. It looks so out of place, silly, and wierd, that Im wondering why the masters of leveldesign at IOI even allowed that.

4 Likes

What’s weird is that those braces on the door aren’t there (except the one around the edges) when you start the level, but if you load up a save, they are. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@Notex

Is possible to identify the runtimeID of a given the file given the file path&name? I tried the compute ioi hash function but that didn’t seem to work.

For example: images/actors/club27_jordan_cross.GFXI

Also, has anyone figured out what the files the runtime ids for weapon in the main repo file refer to? These control the properties and animations of weapons/equipment.

Im gonna go out on a limb and ask the question (which I assume the answer is “hell nah”). Is there anyway to modify animations? (Meaning ingame animations, like killing or walking, etc)

You have to provide full assembly paths like [assembly:/ui/data/menu3/pages/debriefing.json].pc_json

If you need to find the runtimeIDs for the images. Download the latest version of the RPKG tool and run
rpkg.exe -extract_all_ores_from C:\Path\To\Hitmans\Runtime\

It’ll extract all the images and some JSON files with a folder structure and also provide a dummy file for each file which tells you what the runtimeID is for that specific file, for example:

explorer_H5rtDZNsaT

Not yet unfortunately

3 Likes

I love the “yet” in your response :smirk:

2 Likes

I’m proud to present the first ever mod that modifies planning screens and adds unused items without replacing others:

Changes

• Added benchmark enhancements to Dubai and Dartmoor when simulation quality is set to Best
  • Clues objective made optional in Whittleton Creek
  • Unlocked starting suits, concealed weapons and containers in Dubai, Berlin, Chongqing and Mendoza
  • Unlocked starting suit selection for Paris auction start
  • Doubled breaching charges
  • Added starting suits: Subject 47, Pumpkin 47, Ninja Suit, Tactical Gear without hat, Lucas Grey without head, Knight & Stone in normal and Siberia outfits, Siberia 47, contamination suit and training gear
  • Added some unused/not previously available items (Radio, Banana, Katana, Cure Coin, Jerry Can, Goldballer, Chloroform)
  • Added Sniper Assassin versions of the Sieger 300 Ghost, Druzhina 34 ICA and Druzhina 34 ICA Arctic snipers
  • Enabled saving and difficulties for all missions
  • Added Sniper Assassin and holiday content to the Side Missions page

Thank you @Duckilous for the All Missions Offline mod, which I integrated, @musicalmushr00m for playtesting and @Notex and the author for RPKG.

Nexus page

32 Likes

Now THIS is the kind of mod I want for HITMAN III: improving the Offline Mode experience with enhancements and additions rather than replacements. Fantastic work!
Now if only we can bring progression to Offline Mode.
I’m sure it’s possible with an emulated server but still, if only we could make progression working in offline mode without needing a server.

2 Likes

Could always run a local server in the background.

Anyway, I can have the game unlock everything while offline, and that’s kind of like progression?

2 Likes

I meant like being able to complete challenges that fills a mastery level.
Having everything unlocked immediately is not the same experience but I suppose a mod unlocking everything is better than using someone else’s save file.

3 Likes