HITMAN 3 not launching!

Solved for me.
Try this -

UPDATE YOUR GRAPHICS DRIVER. THIS WILL RESOLVE THE ISSUE.

I had same issue. Now fixed after downloading and installing Driver from below link.

This is correct link and article where I found the fix

Go to this section and select appropriate graphics card link. Search drivers for your card and install.

After launching game through Epic, below window pops up.

Original issue -
When I click on Play, the game seems to be starting, I can see black / dark grey screen and then it returns to desktop. No crash errors. It simply does not start.
I have verified downloads in Epic.
Don’t know what else I can do.
Any help?

2 Likes

I had that problem too at first, but a simple reboot fixed it.

Have you upgraded to the latest graphics driver?

1 Like

Yes.

I can’t even launch benchmark in options. It also crashes without any errors.

The game does not even launch and Epic says I have played for 26 mins. FFS.
I am about to refund instead of troubleshooting this crap. @Travis_IOI
All other games start without any issues. Why you are like this Hitman?

1 Like

Does not work.

M having literally the same problem, any update on your end, I really love this series :sob:

Same problem. Looked in event viewer and found this error:

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll - 1000 0 2 100 0 0x80000000000000 474 Application - hitman3.exe 3.10.0.0 60084611 ucrtbase.dll 10.0.19041.546 43cbc11d c0000005 0000000000028565 2928 01d6efe2b2719e25 C:\Program Files\Epic Games\HITMAN3\retail\hitman3.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll e6b1b9f4-8810-4de5-ac29-f0c25c79187e

OS updating, reinstalling, vcredist reinstalling - nothing helped

@kalzang_topgyal @GinYola

Even your device manager / sys info shows latest driver is installed, install it again with below link.

UPDATE YOUR GRAPHICS DRIVER. THIS WILL RESOLVE THE ISSUE.

I had same issue. Now fixed after downloading and installing Driver from below link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35

It says can’t be installed since a newer or equivalent version of direct x is present so can’t be downloaded

Did you downloaded and tried to install from similar installer ?

This didn’t open at all from your link, direct x run installer opens

The game runs if I set my graphics card to integrated card but horribly, when I play it in 1050ti the game just crashes exactly like how you have described…

Sorry I had given wrong link.

This is correct link and article where I found the fix

Go to this section and select appropriate graphics card link. Search drivers for your card and install.

1 Like

Thank you Ill try tomm since m in duty rn, I’ll update you bro :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for answer, but, sadly, this site is not reliable source of information:)
«1. Open Steam and click the Library tab.»
It just uses template for article.

Nevertheless, i reinstall video card driver, but still no luck. (i have gtx 970 btw)

I updated it and now the game plays wonderfully I am so grateful…thank you so much bro

1 Like

I have latest NVIDIA driver on an RTX 3090.

I click play and the Epic Launcher reappears. The game will never launch.

I also have the latest driver and it doesn’t work. It only happens to me with this game. Any ideas?

Make sure that your PC has the latest WIndows updates. I have a laptop where Windows updates don’t work. I can’t use this laptop for gaming until I rebuild Windows on this laptop from scratch.

1 Like

All drivers and windows up to date. Other games work fine, just this one.

1 Like

There has to be something different in your PC configuration, because they quality assurance (QA) test a game before release with PCs using up-to-date drivers and operating systems.

The only way it isn’t working for you is if your system is different from the standard one used in their QA testing. It can’t be widespread because there are not a lot of complaints at this point which are similar to yours.