HITMAN 3 PC VR Thread

Won over 3000 dollars from a scratch off ticket a couple of days ago so finally got to buy Oculus Quest 2 AND a 65 inch smart TV :slight_smile: ! So happy. Also, i probably have covid or a cold something so my voice’s all fucked up x).

I’m ready for Hitman 3 PC VR now :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

:face_vomiting: :dizzy_face: :dizzy:

I loved the immersive VR experience but unfortunately i suffer from a real bad case of motion sickness (i can’t even sit in a car for 20 minutes without vomiting) so i had to return it today. I’m not exaggerating when i say this, it took literally 10 seconds in RE4 VR for me to feel nauseous. Literally 10 seconds. And i know the teleport control scheme mitigates the motion sickness a lot for some people but it wasn’t enough for me.

I love the idea of VR and if i didn’t suffer from extreme motion sickness i would have absolutely kept my Oculus Quest 2. At least i got 500 euros back <3.

5 Likes

Sad to hear that buddy. I hope the same thing doesn’t happen to me, I’ve only played in VR in a very static way (the character did not move) until now.

4 Likes

Yup but i’m glad i got the money back. And now i’ve experienced VR too so i don’t have to wonder anymore what it’s like to immerse yourself in VR. And the motion sickness doesn’t happen if i look around with my head or teleport in a game. It’s only when i move or rotate my character with the sticks.

One thing that really comforts me is that now i don’t have to worry about saving money for one of these anymore :smiley: . And don’t worry man, the degree of motion sickness that i suffer from is VERY rare. Mine is so bad i can instantly vomit after sitting in a car for a couple of minutes. Amusement parks have always been totally out of question for me sadly.

I think you’ll be fine :slight_smile: . And if not, you can always return it and get your money back. Hmm, i think i’ll buy one of those quality drones now :stuck_out_tongue: . After playing Watch Dogs 2 and Ghost Recon i got obsessed with how cool drones are!

5 Likes

MAybe it’s not for you, but for myself I can tell you that your body gets used to it. At first I could only play very static or teleporting games, but after a few months full motions movement was not a problem anymore, at least not for an hour, sometimes longer. Now I can play for hours with locomotion.

2 Likes

For me VR didn’t make feel bad even for a second, I can play upside down and still don’t feel nothing wrong with me. Some people that I know got sick with racing games.

Definitely I’m lucky. The only thing I had the first day of my Rift S was on Recroom with the backwalking. My brain was like da fuck but after 30 minutes i was totally fine.

I suggest to play with static gameplay the first times and be on a seat. This usually helps your brain to understand what is fake and real. After some time, try to stay up with a carpet under your feet. The carpet seems helping for some people and again your brain will have something to “feel” from the reality and should don’t make feel you sick instantly. I read that a fan can help too, but I don’t understand how it should.

BTW i don’t think modern and future VR hardwares can “fix” the motion sickness.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/SsLHrmnsN/status/1471816026014822403?t=v5lIrQ2bVsiCPgmZkwneYw&s=19

7 Likes

its very very cool !

1 Like

So, he’s dancing?
I would like to see him as a 3rd person view at this moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’m 47, and I’m your Freestyle Dance teacher.

Pretty cool to see hand tracking for PCVR.

7 Likes