HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins (NEW DLC)

I bet the next one is going to be Sloth. All the Escalations and ETs in the roadmap will be from HITMAN 1 and 2. While the new Deadly Sin Escalation is just The Greed Enumeration with the toad and coins colored blue. The unlocks will also be the same just in blue.

3 Likes

Oh i see. I thought you found the screenshot as it is in the game files. Got it now.

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone has spoke about this already or has seen this but if you go to the store area in the menu and look at the 7DS the order is different with wrath being the next sin after greed and lust being at the end :man_shrugging:t2:

It might not mean anything but I swear the order was different before

3 Likes

oh god, i hope this doesnt mean theyre saving Lust for last :joy: im dying to know what theyre gonna do for that one

11 Likes

Would you go so far and say you are lusting for it?

9 Likes

My prediction for Lust:

2 Likes

Ihope Wrath is indeed the second. I expect something for more aggresive gameplay from it.

2 Likes

If we’re going from left to right, up to down, this is why I’m expecting Wrath is next.

3 Likes

I’m expecting Wrath at this point but I feel like Gluttony could very well be next, if it goes up-to-down and repeat. It also makes sense since they added what is very likely the rewards for Gluttony in the very first update. We’ll see.

2 Likes

What do you think we’d get for gluttony as a season my guess is the chef, and probably an escalation with the butchers outfit everyone is wanting kinda don’t want escalations tho :confused:

3 Likes

In my opinion the eligible legacy ET’s for Gluttony are: The Food Critic, The Chef, The Serial Killer, or just maybe the Revolutionary. We might be getting the Chongqing or Mendoza ET as well.

The rewards would be the Butcher, the meat hook and the bone saw. With everything we know it’s very likely to be an escalation in Berlin, yes.

And this is just an optimistic guess but hopefully we’ll see the return of player-made featured contracts? By the end of this season they will have touched all the maps (except Romania of course) and soon we’ll have more than enough to complete all the challenges I think.

4 Likes

Also except for Berlin. No idea why we didn’t get a package of featured contracts for that location…

(we’re getting one with the next small batch from Achievement Hunter, but, c’mon, it’s just one.)

3 Likes

The hype for this is unreal! Every time I see photos of that outfit it’s instant nostalgia vibes from Contracts! :wink: good times right there.

Can’t wait to see what IOI give us throughout this DLC.

1 Like

I don’t see the critic coming back but I hope they prove me wrong I wish we had a few more hitman 1 et come back that didn’t in hitman 2 like the ex dictator and the the surgeons and I would’ve love the brothers of silvio to have actually been released :confused:

1 Like

My greatest wish is to see something wich isn’t an escalation. Escalations gets a great improvement in this game, but them aren’t replayable at all. Would be nice have 3 escalation+4bonus missions or 4 escalation+3 bonus missions.

8 Likes

The more I think about the ‘Requiem Pack’ explanation for the Seven Deadly Sins, the less convincing it becomes for me unfortunately.

The reasoning, as I understand it, is that the Requiem Pack was offered for $5 with no complaints. Thus 7DS was originally conceived as a set of cosmetic packs, with no additional gameplay content attached. IOI then decided to add premium Escalations as an extra bonus for DLC buyers to enjoy.

There are a numer of issues with this explanation.

The Requiem Pack

I find the price of the Requiem Pack to be a red herring. I pre-ordered the Full Experience in 2016, which included the Requiem Pack for no additional cost. Subsequently, I switched to PC for Hitman 2 and was not able to transfer my PS4 Legacy Pack. No bother, I picked up the GOTY Legacy Pack. Once again, I was able to acquire the Requiem items at no additional cost.

For large portions of the fanbase, the $5 Requiem Pack has always been fairly immaterial as many people will have already obtained these items within existing packages. It serves a specific purpose for those select few players who do not already own the Requiem items, but are sufficiently invested in the game to want to spend some money to gain access to these cosmetics. This seems totally reasonable to me.

Premium Escalations

The key difference between the Requiem Pack and 7DS is the addition of premium Escalations. IOI have framed this as going the extra mile to provide more content at the same pricepoint. However, the difference between cosmetic DLC and gameplay DLC lies at the heart of this whole situation.

Like many others, I am a completionist. I am currently working towards 100% completion of the trilogy. The introduction of premium Escalations means that I will not be able to achieve this unless I purchase both the Deluxe Pack and the SD7 Collection. The combined cost of these is currently £54.23 - more than the price of the full game (£49.99). Without making these purchases, my challenge list will remain incomplete.

Please don’t misunderstand me - I am not saying all gameplay and challenges must be included in the base game. Rather, I am just pointing out that this step up from cosmetic DLC to gameplay DLC transforms the entire proposition for completionists like myself. Instead of being an optional extra we can choose to buy if we like the style of the cosmetic, it becomes essential for 100% completion of the game.

DLC as a replacement for base game content

Another issue with framing premium Escalations as bonus content attached to cosmetic packs is when this appears to come at the expense of the base game. Hitman (2016) featured a total of 56 Escalations and three Bonus Missions at no additional cost. Therefore, the community has perceived premium Escalations as paid DLC which cut into base game content, rather than as bonus content on top.

Again, please do not misunderstand me - IOI are totally within their rights to change the content formula in Hitman 3 compared with previous titles. I only raise this point because it is important context for understanding why people take issue with 7DS when they did not complain about the Requiem Pack.

So what would I prefer to see?

The revelation that 7DS was originally conceived as cosmetic bundles akin to the Requiem Pack provides me with a perfect model for what I would prefer to see. I have no issue with $5 cosmetic bundles. And, given the lack of complaints about the price of the Requiem Pack, it seems neither do many people.

Therefore, my preference would be for an increase in the number of ‘standard’ Escalations included with the base game. 3-stage contracts which utilise default maps and NPC routes with minimal extra work required to produce them. Then, separately from this, a selection of $5 premium cosmetic packs.

10 Likes

As someone who thinks the 7DS is ok. (Enjoy the Escalations and am a sucker for over the top expensive suits)

Stuff Packs can be good and stand alone I think £4-£5 is fine but they act for more little extras or kinda there to fill gap for bigger content to come… But when all currently planned content is stuff packs then looking at the summary of the price even with bundle discount it can feel rather limited to what everyone wants and no feel for anything big to come.

The Escalations do feel fair bit different then standard run of the mill ones (I think the Deluxe Berlin one feels like a whole different level). I think if they planned out 7DS with a couple Small Escalations, Special Assignments (Maybe even a Sniper Map) and maybe a Bonus Mission at the end. That could worked alot better but hey from live Stream they said things could change plus I have no idea about IO development funds and costs so my idea could just be wishful hindsight.

Who knows what happens after maybe it will the 7DS stuff packs are there fill the void till a Expansion pack comes out in a year.

3 Likes

As I don’t know, do you see the challenges in the game for things that you would need to buy the DLC or expansions without having that content purchased and installed? In other words, if you don’t have the Greed DLC, do you see the challenge for completing it in the game still?

2 Likes

Yep, for players who don’t own the Sins DLC yet (I’m one), the Challenges for the Sins content still show and prevent you getting 100% completion on, for example, Dubai due to the uncompleted Greed Escalation challenges etc.

7 Likes

@scat1620 is correct. Both 7DS & Deluxe Escalation challenges are visible to everyone regardless of ownership and count towards your overall completion percentage of each location on the Statistics screen.

So the total number of ‘premium challenges’ currently stands at 22 challenges (15 Deluxe challenges, 7 7DS challenges). Based on there being 7 challenges for the Greed pack, we can assume that there could be a total of around 64 premium challenges once the 7DS is complete.

64 challenges would account for about 16% of the total challenges in Hitman 3. This means that, without purchasing every DLC, you will remain at 84% after completing every challenge available to you.

8 Likes