HITMAN 3 Sniper Rifle Statistics/Features/Ability [Updated May 13th]

I finally unlocked the Woodsman Covert yesterday, and personally would like them to decrease the firing rate appropriately to it being a bolt-action rifle.

5 Likes

May Patch Update
Great news with a little bad news.

The ICA Woodsman Rifle Covert & The Golden Dragon now pierce bodies when fired.

However, the Druzhina 34 ICA Arctic is STILL missing its Marksman Ability. Iā€™m afraid this bug might have fallen through the cracks.

4 Likes

Iā€™m actually not sure how much to be happy about this. They were useful for leg shots :joy:

I assume they still have the same firing rate though right? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It feels like the same firing rate, but Iā€™m not absolutely sure. @CHAOS_AGENT_45 would need to check in regarding that.

1 Like

Thanks, i tested all rifles, updated all changes and added an updated rifle sheet.

Changes/Updates (may patch):

Bartoli Woodman Covert + The Golden Drageon

-Piercing Ability (before not)
-4/16 magazine (6/18 before)
-2 hand shots lethal (before 3)
-1 body shot (before 2)
-slow fire rate (before fast fire rate)
-open doors AllRange (before CloseRange)

Added The Majestic (Exact reskin of Golden Dragon)

8 Likes

They absolutely destroyed the ICA Woodsman/Golden Dragon :frowning:
all that to what, fix piercing?

2 Likes

It seems that the majestic uses the pure power of pride to kill as there is no way that bullets leave itā€™s barrel.

5 Likes

The 3 of them are now just downgrades compared to the tuatara or leviathan, having similar stats but no subsonic and only 4 bullets

1 Like

@InfrarerSun also correctly pointed out in another thread that the Bartoli Covert now has drastically bigger sway (I frankly donĀ“t remember what the Dragon was like). Previously it had virtually none, which made it properly special to me. Now itĀ“s basically just one rifle on par with the Golden Dragon (and The Majestic apparently), only with a different look.

IĀ“m happy with it having a slower firing rate, since itĀ“s bolt-action. The smaller ammo count isā€¦ debatable, since most rifles irl like that have generally 5-round magazines I believe? 4 is just a weird number, unless itĀ“s a compensation for having piercing rounds, but even thenā€¦

As for the Dragon, I thought the faster firing rate made sense given the revolving mechanism, but the other day I noticed that it actually is bolt-action as well lol.

Nevertheless, it would be nice if they distinguished them a bit more, e.g. less ammo but minimum sway and piercing, or more ammo, minimum sway but no piercing, etc. You know, something else to distinguish them by than just looksā€¦ And keep the Bartoli Covert feel special for those 17 Sniper Assassin challenges you have to unlock to get itā€¦

2 Likes

Firing rating changes I donā€™t really mind or even notice since Iā€™m a one-shot, one-kill type of guy with targets. However, nerfing the ICA Woodsman Covert by introducing sway is kind of ridiculous considering the regular Bartoli Woodsman has a steady scope.

Do you guys think removing the ICA Woodsmanā€™s steady scope was an intentional choice by the devs or an unintended consequence of patching the piercing ability?

Now Iā€™m also wondering if the devs removing slow-mo from the Druzhina 34 ICA (after patching its piercing ability) was intentional.

I just donā€™t know why restoring the piercing ability on a rifle means a massive nerf to all of its other stats.

1 Like

:+1:

IĀ“m inclined to believe it was the latter, fixing one thing and unintentionally messing up another.

The Arctic one? (I havenĀ“t grinded it in H3 yet, not sure I will until it comes out on Steam) I would guess that was a mistake as well, since I donĀ“t see why would they remove slo-mo from one ICA rifle when others have it (and when this rifle has it in Sniper Assassin as well)

Negligence? :joy:

1 Like

I think the statistics in general are okay.
But for a better gameplay experience i would change the following things:

Bartoli Woodsman Hunting Rifle:

1. Change the zoom from 1x to 3x
    (Like Tremains Rifle and the one in Yates House in Mendoza)
    WHY?
    This rifle is pure, loud and made to hunt. But i would never use it because of the 1x zoom. The same rifle in Mendoza and Berlin has 3x zoom and is much more satisfying to use. I would use this rifle more often with 3x zoom.

ICA Bartoli Woodsman Hunting Rifle Covert:

1. Give it a unique sound
  2. Make it unsilenced or remove the piercing ability
    WHY?
    This is a hunting rifle, so i would like to have a loud alternative to the Jaeger Lancer. People who only own Hitman 3 would a have a good mix of silenced an unsilnced rifles.

Or removing the piercing ability beacuse this is cleary a disadvantage to any sieger model. A bullet penetrating a body hits a wall/object behind the target and creates an extra distraction which leads to a noticed kill/body found in many cases. So i would prefer a non penetrative rifle in most cases i use a sniper because of that reason.

Druzhina 34 ICA Arctic:

1. Return the slowmo (Removing it was clearly an accident)
  2. Return the subsonic ability
    WHY?
    In Hitman 2 and until the feburary update 2021 this rifle was
    -subsonic (not only silenced),
    -had the long slowmo (like the Sieger 300 models)

Getting this rifle is hard work. Itā€™s legit that it has that many abilities combied. I hope this getā€™s reverted soon.

The Magestic

1. Add Ave Maria Music when aiming
    WHY
    This rifle should a have special feature that makes you proud to use it;)
    And players owing only H3 could also get this special feature
10 Likes

Totally agree with the proposed Woodsman changes. Iā€™d love to use it every now and then (especially for Dartmoor, where I would expect it to be found on the level as well), but the 1x scope is just such a disadvantage that I never end up doing soā€¦

As for the ICA version, unique sound yes, and I would be in for keeping it silenced but removing the piercing, along with minimum/zero sway.

The Druzhina and Majestic propositions are good as well (I would also prefer the Ave Maria being present for fancy rifles like the Majestic rather than the Sieger that has it).

4 Likes

I finally grinded once again the Siberia map in H3 only to be disappointed by the lack of slow motion for Druzhina 34 ICA Arctic.
I thought this had to be fixed alreadyā€¦Should I report another bug ticket or maybe this is a new ā€œfeatureā€ making this sniper useless despite the description Marksman still claiming it works ?

3 Likes

Personally I like all Jeager snipers because they are very basic. I donā€™t like Sieger 300 Ghost because itā€™s too OP, feels like a cheat code. I donā€™t like either all sniper rifles which is assembled instantly from case. Itā€™s just riddiclous.

I would love too see a weapon system where every sniper rifle have own pros and cons and own purpose. Currently Leviathan and Sieger Ghost replace every sniper rifle in game.

Take look on this:

1 Like

All snipers you gave a ā€œ-ā€ to are piercing, so the DJ probably turns around because the bullet pierced the body and hit a wall, resulting in a distraction shot. None of the bullets in the game are ā€œsilentā€ AFAIK - they will only make a ā€œsoundā€ if they hit something other than a body (wall, camera, vehicle etc).

3 Likes

Yes, you absolutely right, I forgot about that. Thank you!

Is there a comprehensive list of disguises can can ā€œlegallyā€ open carry sniper rifles (e.g. pirates and militia on Ambrose Island)? And is this a conscious choice by the developers or plain oversight? Thanks!