HITMAN 3 - Technical Support

{Recap}

Got a message from Dennis_ioi Saying that he would like me to email and he would help me, that was 2 days ago, with at this point no resolution.
Can I play HM 3? Yes I can play, then lose all progress IF they ever do get this fixed so I can do a Carry over, meaning at this point I choose to play other games instead bcause, well WHY waste the time and progress in HM3 to have it reset?
Today is day 11 of the game being live, and still no resolution
I bought the Deluxe edition ($90)
Epic Games then told me that the only way to fix this was to buy the Gold pass ($20) and it did not fix anything at all.
Now I am currently into this game for $110 , and can not do a carry over …
I must say I am very disappointed thus far.
Dennis_ioi not to be rude, I know you have a ton of people having issues… but lets get to it and get this fixed please.
Another closing thought for you all…
Hitman 3 is the only game that has been exclusive to Epic, all others were on Steam and yet HM3 is the one that has had the worse launch in the history of the company (ioi)

Holy shit, this actually worked for me. Thank you so much

@Travis_IOI @Dennis_IOI please help ASAP , I really do not want to have to get a refund

Platform:
PC EPIC Games Store

Description :
Was playing the game online, Got disconnected. Not able to launch game since from Epic client. Get error Epic validation failed.: 2147483647-0

Steps to reproduce: (How can we reproduce the issue?)
Launch from Epic, error happens after a few mins, launcher fails to start.

Frequency : (Did it happen once, or lots of times? Does it ALWAYS happen?)
Always since the first crash. Was able to get the game to load by adding
-SKIP_LAUNCHER to additional command arguments under settings in launcher, However after long delay game fails to connect to hitman server: see 2nd screen shot

Attach or link to any videos or images that will help explain the issue.
valadation 1st error

** Note **
If Epic tells you to log in and try this or that DONT DO IT , it is part of their sceam to use their
‘we cant refund the game because your game shows more than 2 hours play time’

Just wanted to follow up on this. I have found that in stock settings, it’s not just Berlin, but Sapienza, Marrakesh, Miami, Santa Fortuna, and Mumbai. Whittleston Creek loads and runs fine, but I haven’t tried the last 3 of HM2. Also all of the rest of HM3 crash in the same way.

Things I have tried that did not work:

• Reinstalling / verifying
  • Updating video and chipset drivers
  • Lowering resolution and graphical features

@ptbd posted a few days ago and it definitely seems related to systems with RDNA2 cards. Berlin crash while loading *every single time* (PC/Epic) - #2 by MrBlarg

I have a Ryzen 7 3700x and a Radeon RX 6800. All other instances I’ve heard about were RDNA / RDNA2, most (possibly all) were Ryzen builds as well.

Looking at some of the suggestions in the reddit thread, I have found a way that can sometimes get the game to load and I was able to complete the campaign last night, however trying the same settings today still crash regularly:

• Limit the FPS in the radeon control panel to 30
  • Completely max out all of the game’s graphics options (2x sampling of 1440p, everything High or Ultra if available, 1x vsync is enough, have not overridden memory safeguards)

There are a few things that I also do, but not 100% sure they contribute:

• Clear the shader caches in both the radeon control panel and delete the shader cache file in the AppSetting folder
    • Doing only this, and nothing else, results in the same exact crash on the loading screen
  • Turn off radeon overlay and video capture (can’t turn off epic’s overlay)
  • Turn off radeon graphics options (anti-lag, sharpening, texture/tessellation, etc)
    • Again, Frame Rate Target Control should be on and set to 30

With these settings, I can get Apex Predator to load and play for a few minutes. When loading, the first in-game camera move seems to trigger the crash (I did confirm though the event log that they were the exact same error codes at the same memory locations). Most (but not all) saves will only crash when the scene comes up or within a few seconds of gameplay.

It’s an odd and frustrating bug, and I’m happy to try out any reasonable suggestions or provide any diagnostic or log files. I even captured a trace with Process Monitor to see if there was a file issue (there was nothing conclusive).

EDIT (cross posting from the other thread, @Sakatak1972 might try this):

Update! I tried the TdrDelay trick and rebooted and then cleared both shader caches (clearing the radeon driver’s cache probably isn’t necessary, but it’s just a single click).

I’m now playing Congquing at 1440p @ 120+fps with all settings on high/ultra and anti-lag and enhanced sync enabled in the driver control panel.

From the reddit thread:

Simply go to: Start → Run → Type in “Regedit” and navigate to:
“Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers”
Create a key of type "DWORD (32-bit) for a 32-bit system. or a "QWORD (64-bit) for a 64-bit system.
Name it “TdrDelay” with a value of ‘10’ as “Decimal value”.
Reboot your system, launch the game, and the crashes won’t happen :smiley:

Greetings

I have the HM1 on Epic games. I purchase the HM3 (Epic Games) with the add on to have the HM2 and HM1 available to play on HM3. However when I started HM3 it never shown my previous progression or ownership of HM1. How I/you guys can fix this issue?

Thanks

1 Like

Platform: PS4,digital

Description :
Dartmoor:
Discover Dartmoor - is stuck at 15/22 despite me having uncovered entire map. Also have trophy as proof of said deed.

Nothing as it Seems - challenge doesnt seem to pop no matter how many pictures of the target i take or the distance i am at.

Chogqing:
Shortcut: Inner Courtyard - challenege doesnt pop despite me having the door open, and unable to close/reopen it.

Steps to reproduce: Seems to occur after I get disconnected mid game and it reconnects but loses progress on certain things. I.E. the Dartmoor locations or the Shortcut in Chongqing.

Frequency : Disconnects happen mainly at night time it feels like, and after having played for a few hours as well.

Platform:PC Digital
Description: I owned Hitman 2 with Legacy pack included all Hitman 1 Maps on Steam. I bought Hitman 3 with Hitman 2 Gold Access. I carry over my profile. But when i’m on Hitman 3, i can play Hitman 2 Maps but no Hitman 1. I had to buy Hitman 1 GOTY for 29 € ?? I always paid for this game, I paid for Legacy pack in Hitman 2 and i finally paid for hitman 2 gold acess. I hope you will find a solution to properly activate all my stuff on hitman 3.

Steps to reproduce: Go and see my IOI account (Same mail adress) and check my mail.

Frequency: from the beginning
Attach :

1 Like

Platform: PS4 (PSN: ubaiis)
Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition digital (pre-ordered)

Description : Every time I try to start Hitman 3, the game tries to connect to the server but then throws up the ‘connection failed’ screen. I get ‘failed to fetch configuration’ which is different from the ‘fetch profile’ and ‘online resources’ warnings other people have been getting.

IOI account issue 1: There is no artbook or ost available to download
IOI account issue 2: Hitman 3 is not listed in my linked account section
Carryover site issue: Even though I have carryover progression via H2, the site says there are no eligible H2 accounts, and the progression carryover status is empty.

I think my IOI account profile is corrupted. I’ve deleted save game data on my PS4, initialized it, and reinstalled H3, but always get the same “failed to fetch configuration” error. I think this issue is most likely limited to a few people who carried their profiles over on launch day when the carryover site was having heavy user traffic issues

Steps to reproduce:

1. After pressing X button, shows message ‘CONNECTING’.
  2. Changes to ‘AUTHENTICATING’ seconds later.
  3. ‘CONNECTION FAILED: Failed to fetch configuration’ message pops up.

Frequency : Every time (since launch)

Platform: PC, digital

Description : Unable to access Signature Suit, Regular Fibre Wire, Regular ICA Pistol, Coin (completely miss the distraction tab), maybe more?. They are available in offline-mode though but as soon as I go online they are gone again.
Also own Hitman 2 Gold bought through Epic store. Previously owned Hitman 1 on Steam but I never linked it to Epic and Hitman 3 so I don’t know if that affect anything or not.

Any way to get in touch with direct support to get these items back into my account? (Same mail)

Steps to reproduce: Don’t know if you reproduce it other than seeing if these are missing from my account.

Frequency : Always

Made a post about this; watching this thread for any kinda reply…

What is the point of this forum if no one is answering people cries for help!!

The platform is PC, Digital
I cannot access any of my hitman 1 content on hitman 3. I have purchased both through epic games, and I have also purchased the GOTY edition for hitman 1. My ioi account lists them both as linked to the account, and yet hitman 3 does not register that I have ever played hitman 1. I have played hitman 1 since then and it doesn’t show I own hitman 3 either. I am not able to upgrade my GOTY pass to hitman 3 due to this either.

Platform: PS4
Disc

Description: I pre-ordered Hitman 3 on Amazon back in December but when I received it I didn’t get the trinity pack which had to be included in the game of course, so how can I solve this problem? if there’s anything I can do about it

so in other words that means : f*** if you can’t play the game. you already played it for 2 laughable hours, we don’t owe you ****. thanks IOI. this was the last hitman game for me.

Great bug report.
Here is a tip…
AMD released a new Radeon driver software a few minutes ago.
In the change log it specific say that they are aware of a bug with the hitman 3 “berlin” Apex mission
that is effecting people with a 6000 series graphics card.
( so i imagine they are working on a fix. For me the above tip about making TDRDelay did not fix my crash with the berlin/apex mission but thank for the tip anyway. )

I did not try the new driver yet, but i can confirm the mission makes my 6900xt graphics card or cpu crash while loading the mission OR in rare cases if im able to play the mission it crash after 15 sec - 5 minutes and in very rare cases i can play for 30 minutes. Other hitman misisons have also been unstable and even made my computer sturn itself off after x time in the mission.
I am not sure but i have a suspecion that either my 6900xt or my 5900x cpu is defective all though the hardware passes all stress tests. OR its driver related issues since I have crashes in all games sooner or later where my computer just turn off. My primary suspect is the cpu its the only thing that i did not try to change in my computer ( computer also crash sometimes when i use an old graphics card )
But all of this is another story. But now you know about the driver note about hitman 3 and the Berlin/apex mission.

Platform: PS4 Pro
Disc or digital? Digital

Description :

1. Icebreaker trophy won’t pop despite all Chongqing’s mission stories being completed multiple times.

2. Shortcut Killer trophy won’t pop despite all 17 shortcuts being opened.

Steps to reproduce: N/A

Frequency: Permanent

1 Like

Following. Same issue

Platform: PC/digital

Description: Simulation quality not working correctly on quad core CPU’s (in my case a 7700k), even though it did in Hitman 2

Steps to reproduce: Set Simulation Quality to “best” on a quad core and you’ll notice it has no effect. 47’s coat doesn’t blow in the wind, for example. And the new destruction in Dartmoore doesn’t work except in the benchmark.

Frequency : Always, except in the Dartmoore benchmark (both the interactive and non-interactive ones)

Please get it working in Hitman 3. I used it in Hitman 2 and was still getting 60 fps at all times. There’s no reason to disable it now, especially when it already works in the benchmarks.