Hitman 3 Will Not Launch

I just started getting this problem today. Game will no long start, and just loops back to EGS. This is frustrating, as this game has tones of issues and IOI doesn’t seem to openly acknowledge them. They have very poor communication, and it doesn’t help with any goodwill with their customer towards them.

I want to play this game, but this is probably the 3 major bug I’ve come across that’s rendered the game unplayable for me. IOI needs better QA, better communication with community, and they need to fix this bugs sooner than later.

The only way worked for me was to reinstall Windows completely (with loosing all my files, programms and settings), but finally I made Hitman 3 launch.
Hope that would help someone here.

I don’t know if the game had an update, but mine just randomly started working again. Very strange, I0I really needs to fix this bug.

Same, I cannot believe I spend $60 on this game. No support, no one answer their email. Epic can provide a solution also. Terrible. I’m experiencing crazy frame drops and now the won’t even start.

Similar solution worked for me too
Go to %appdata%\Local\IO Interactive\HITMAN3
Rename all “.bin” files to “.bin.old”
In my case there was no “ShaderCache.bin” Instead I had two other files “PipelineCache.bin” & “PipelineLibrary.bin” which I renamed to “PipelineCache.bin.old” and “PipelineLibrary.bin.old”.

This fixed it for me!

1 Like

Just want to say thanks, you’re a life saver.
I was genuinely losing the plot with frustration, like you I had the pipeline versions as opposed to the ShaderCache. I now have it back.
2 weeks without seemed a lifetime.
Also, IOI if you read this, you seriously need to sort your QA and Customer Support out, nothing but automated responses, not remotely good enough given the money some of us have spent.

I have the same problem, and I searched a lot for a solution, but I couldn’t find anything

1 Like