HITMAN 3 - Year 2 Announcement

I bet my left nut its the dual silverballers.

16 Likes

An Easter Egg of a golden Helicopter!

3 Likes

so in Spring 2022 we’re getting that new map/hideout thingy + a new “major update”. im so curious!! :thinking:

32 Likes

A weapon range for items, replayable ETs. Stuff you can conclude from the video, so possibly there is not more to it. :stuck_out_tongue: Of course I always hope this includes contract mode additions but Travis would have been more misterious about this topic in the streams. Iirc he said there are no changes planned at the moment.

10 Likes

Considering there’ll be individual hand movement for PCVR, this looks highly likely.

I wonder if they’d update it to support hand controllers when PSVR2 comes out (reportedly using new hand-tracking controllers)

1 Like

omg brewster update pleaseee :heart_eyes:

:laughing:

4 Likes

When I think of ‘Arcade’ I think of ‘Insert Coin to Play’. :thinking:

7 Likes

Congratulations to IO for HITMAN 3 being such a success story. :slightly_smiling_face:

I was expecting something new for the Steam release. Maybe a bonus episode or something akin to a Special Assignment. But new maps (plural) sounds even better. And since they also said new story it’s not just three different hideout maps. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wonder if these new maps will be a continuation of the HITMAN 3 story. It was mention in Mendoza that Byron Washington is establishing a team to hunt the killer of his daughters. Sounds like a pretty good hook for a new mission to me.

Looks like we’re also getting a new hideout. I honestly couldn’t care less because I don’t see the appeal but I’m happy for everyone who was begging for one in the last fews years.

19 Likes

We do have 12 months ahead of us… I can see them working something out in that time. Especially with how ambitious PC mods have gotten to help tweak contract submissions, that would certainly light a fire under my butt to try and get similar changes working officially.

2 Likes

I mean, we can probably understand why the post-launch support was planned to be what it was. The previous game struggled at launch – I blame this as it was releasing in the same window as the biggest release of 2018 with RDR2 – so focusing more on escalation modes as opposed to new maps is the more cost effective thing to do.

But apparently, this game was doing well out of the gate. No confusing information like the 2016 game, no poor timing like the 2018 game, and they got ahead of a nightmare with the PC version. The stars aligned and this game did well. Now they have the proof that they can deliver on what everyone’s been asking for, both in regards to the trilogy as a whole and III’s post-launch support.

If we’re getting new maps, a potential safe house, and goddamnit I’ll start to pray for dual silverballers again, I think much of what we’ve wanted from III and from the trilogy will have a chance to be addressed with next year’s content. Stories even makes me think they’ll do a side campaign ala Patient Zero, which would be the perfect way to bundle the new content as maps as a paid package.

16 Likes

What is even going on?! At one point I’m recreating a contract, and at the other, new maps, modes, possibly hideout are all being released? In the span of 40 minutes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Also, the “big update” is (not definitely, but still likely) ghost mode.

7 Likes

Finally an update on contract mode!

2 Likes

Excited, this is the kind of stuff I was expecting the end of the WoA trilogy to have, albeit in year 1

Something tells me I’ll be opening my wallet in Year 2 :flushed:

22 Likes

I think this traning room

Lot of interesting stuff. I would hopefully assume though that this would coincide with a release on Steam as well, wasn’t the assumption the Epic exclusivity only lasted 1 year? Not to mention the end of Playstation VR exclusivity too.

Really, maps are the big thing for me. Certainly, with the tease of a new plotline too, I would assume this will be like another Patient Zero, basically a mini-campaign, except over new maps rather than being a series of bonus missions. Safehouse should be cool too.

Hopefully ET Arcade is exactly what we are all hoping it is, just making the things permanent and constantly replayable. I’d like to think we’d get the Sarajevo Six thrown in with this too, but maybe that ship has sailed.

I haven’t playd Hitman 3 in months, haven’t bought the 7 Sins DLC yet. Sounds like January will be a good time to get back on the game.

18 Likes

Hopefully it will be good with the roadmaps next. In this with them, everything is VERY sad.

2 Likes

Pretty happy to see a shooting range feature again.

2 Likes

I’d expect no less given that we have full-on maps confirmed to be added, but this should be an easy (hopefully not too expensive) purchase. We know we’re getting into very well-designed locations, and they’ve done a great job in the past 5 years anyhow.

3 Likes

Wonderful news.

20 Likes

50 Million
The World of Assassination trilogy has reached the phenomenal milestone of 50 million players and HITMAN 3 is now the most successful Hitman game of all time.

Hitman games are a great franchise. Very happy that it has a lot of success!

All Elusive Target Arcade content will be a permanent addition to the game.

Yes! Very good! Now we can talk! It’s time to test different strategies and SASO FW only runs. Due to the “one-time only”, I only used safe strategies for ET. Now, I can take some risks :slightly_smiling_face:

In Spring 2022, we’ve got a major update to the game planned. Stay tuned for more details. New maps, storylines, modes and ways to play are all lined up for 2022

Looking forward to that! Not just an hideout, but I would pay for a new map with new targets and missions. Good way to keep players tuned with Hitman.

Is it the outside of the hideout or a new map/mission? :thinking: I hope we get both! :star_struck:

Even without this Year 2 content, I was amazed of this (these) game(s). I’m never fed up with them. Now, it’s like the dessert after an excellent meal!

Since 2000 and C47, you keep the franchise fresh and alive!
Thank you so much IOI for your games. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes