HITMAN 3 - Year 2 Announcement

It will absolutely release at the same time Year 2 officially begins, imo.

5 Likes

There’s a very large number of guns sorted by type. This is very similar to how the weapon racks in the safe houses of previous Hitman games looked.

2 Likes

Just when I was starting to consider letting my Xbox play other games again, IOI goes and does this out of literally nowhere…!

This is the bang I wanted the trilogy to end on! I’m not as down on the post-release content as some people seem to be but it did always feel lacking. Despite being higher quality and more unique than anything that came before, stuff like the Seven Deadly Sins still felt like it was missing something.

The elusive target thing is the main thing I was looking for but I’m absolutely stunned to be getting new missions and new maps to go with them. If Year 2 is half as good as it looks, the end of WOA will be everything I could have hoped for and then some.

It looks like my Xbox is running Hitman almost exclusively for a second straight year…!

5 Likes

Hoping the house is an actual mission. Like the last rogue enforcements of Providence or some of the surviving ICA Agents who avoided the authorities may have found 47’s safe house, and now you either do a Wrath-style purge, but with proper tools this time, or 47 contacts Diana for help, then takes out the leader(s) of the intruders and waits for Diana to send her own strike team to mop up the rest.

3 Likes

I guess the 7DS sales funded most/all of this - I doubt this was planned originally since Travis recently confirmed on one of the livestreams that they now have more people working on H3 content than ever before and references to some of this stuff only started showing up in the game files over the last few months.

Doesn’t make 7DS seem so bad now does it?

6 Likes

Every large endeavor requires seed money.

2 Likes

You should get banned for suggesting another escalation (Wrath with weapons)

5 Likes

Not an escalation: a mission. Like Berlin mixed with Carpathian Mountains.

…including what appears to be the Ducky Pistol, which seems unlikely to be found in an armory not belonging to the ICA or Agent 47.

3 Likes

Well, don’t forget the record-breaking sales of Hitman 3.

The shake-up in terms of sudden success along with setting up their recently announced 007 project probably meant that they knew they wanted to put some major content into Hitman 3, but couldn’t get it out within the first year (we know new maps can take between 12-16 months to make according to interviews). So, with the small H3 Live team, it was decided to make the 7DS content to provide a bit more income (either for hiring or Live content, not too sure) while some work was put in to design a new major expansion in the future.

7 Likes

I definitely feel you there! Bought the deluxe edition, didnt buy 7sins, but always planned to buy it on steam. Now considering buying the 7sins just to fulfill my sudden urge for new hitman content. :smiley:

Youre right, we should temper our expectations.

Tho, how cool would that massive mansion be for a savehouse?!

1 Like

Wowwwwww. So amazing. Elusive target arcade. I think this mode will be something like you pay to play any ET but hopefully it’s not with real money but perhaps with money you earn like in contracts or wherever in-game. So you gather points (or money) and then use that to unlock a playable run with any et.

And new maps and stories. Can’t wait!!!
Thank you, IOI!!!

4 Likes

This may very well be a watershed moment for IOI. For 20 years they’ve been known as the people who made the Hitman games, with a few other minor successes along the way, and they’ve always had to rely on the continued support of other companies for their business (Eidios, Square Enix). With being fully independent now, and this much success with Hitman 3 and the WoA trilogy overall, and if Project 007 goes on the map, then IOI might just step beyond the boundaries of the little niche they’ve always occupied and start entering the realm of the big players (Capcom, Ubisoft, Activision, RockStar, etc.). Hope it’s true for them. Not only will it mean even better Hitman games going forward, but who knows what other licensed or original works they might be able to work miracles with. If this new season of Hitman 3 keeps bringing in the money and the exposure, IOI might be able to coast from that point. Just don’t lose the personal drive in exchange for corporate success, guys! That’s what led to the decline of passion in those other companies’s yearly hits.

12 Likes

The Chameleon can go die in a non-explosion accident for all I care about that POS but otherwise, yeah, bring as many as possible on.

1 Like

I may be annoying people but I just wanted to say thank you to @Clemens_IOI and @Travis_IOI and everyone from IOI

Its just a second, but thank you for showing Lucas for a moment :pleading_face: that really let my heart jump! It’s so nice to see this wonderful character again after such a long time :heart:

I’m very excited for the new content and the new house (hideout) looks beautiful! And I’m really thinking about buying VR for my PC now :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

I’ve had a reaaaally long day at work today. This is a great surprise to find.

New maps? God I hope we’re getting a luxury ski resort.

Released pictures look like at least one new map, and a hideout for 47.

Added by Edit, so I don’t post three times in a row:
“We have a few surprises that our community have been asking for, for a very very long time”

Surprises in plural? What are some possibilities here?

• Money System? (maybe converting your Malus Necessarium to money?)
  • Upgrade system? (unlikely since it would risk overturning all of the unlocks and stuff )
  • Blood system? (not so interesting to me, except maybe for contracts)
  • Human shield? (I honestly couldn’t care less about this)
  • Hideout for Agent 47?
  • Offline mode (probably unlikely, but we’ll see).
  • Remakes of old missions?
  • Codename 47 remastered? (LMAO)
25 Likes

I am spending exactly zero dollars on re-playing ETs, but if a money system, where you make in-game money for hits and contracts, is introduced and you spend that in game-money to play ETs… count me in.

10 Likes

A new hideout? This is awesome news. It was something that I’ve always wanted with the new trilogy but never expected for it to happen.

I’m gonna temper my expectations for the Elusive Target Arcade, though.

But thank you, IOI. This Year 2 announcement was what community sorely needed. Many of us were wondering if the game would be sunsetted after the Steam release. As someone who has been along for the ride since 2016, I’m glad that is not the case.

5 Likes

Sorry not sorry :wink:

We thought it would be a good way to start the week :champagne::tipping_hand_woman:

37 Likes

Maybe the score you earn after playing a mission is converted into in-game money? As in, how much the client is willing to pay or something? Or, stars have currency values associated with them or certain game modes (possibly all) have a base amount they give for completion plus bonuses for objectives completed and score earned?

I’m just cautiously optimistic about the mode itself actually looks like when it’s released.

4 Likes