Hitman 3, Year 2 - Winter Roadmap

I know, but why does it still feel so long away haha :joy::joy:

1 Like

Oh there’s already been a discussion over what gun model the Ice Baller resembles. And it’s unanimously decided that it most closely resembles a Bartoli handgun. Though it’s good that you point out the ICA DTI Stealth. I’m not aware if anyone has designated that as a ‘Bartoli’, but it certainly wasn’t labeled a ‘Baller’ like this novelty ice gun.

“Resembles” in regards to looks. Performance on the other hand… That has yet to be determined. Bartolis… Bartolies(?) :thinking: are known to be weaker and take more (body) shots to kill a target. While the baller guns typically take 2 body shots to kill a target.

A bit of a different discussion, but I think this is the best topic for it :

Road to Freelancer articles. Does anyone knows if they will still happen, or if the plan changed on the communication ?

2 Likes

Well, there was meant to be one in November, according to the first blog at the start of October, but that didn’t happen and IOI have been completely silent about it. I assume there’ll be some more starting around or after mid-December, right @Clemens_IOI @Travis_IOI?

4 Likes

Im glad we’re getting something different model wise. I just wish it was different mechanically lol

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing the only day funny enough.

We may get a ‘Road to Freelancer’ article towards the end of this month/beginning of Jan which would essentially be 2 updates merged into one if that makes sense?

2 Likes

“Bullets are made of ice so they don’t leave holes and panic NPCs who see them, but they’re too cold to ignite oil leaks” would have been an interesting mechanic for that gun (but it’s probably impossible to do something like this).

4 Likes

A gun that cant destroy objects or even kill people but could still cause infinite distractions would be a cool idea

2 Likes

There was a weapon similar to this in a Dan Brown novel called Deception Point (his mystery/thrillers were better before he tried his hand at conspiracies in the Christian church), that kinda did that very thing, to a degree. I don’t know if it was based on real technology, but I imagine it had some real-world basis. The wielder would pick up a handful of snow or ice, place it into a little funnel on top of the weapon, and the insides would compact the material into a solid ball of ice about the size of a ball bearing.

Fired properly at a target’s heart could cause a high probability of cardiac arrest, or at the head could potentially cause an aneurysm, but the projectile itself would not penetrate the body and could later be collected and crushed or melted to destroy evidence. The target isn’t likely to die from the weapon itself except in close range and a lot of luck, it’s more for stunning, allowing the target to be finished off afterward (in the book a woman who was shot with it and knocked out subsequently had a lot of snow shoved down her throat to choke/drown her).

So, if the Ice Baller were designed like that it would be more akin in function to a tranquilizer dart gun or throwing an object at the target’s head. But, it could still be used to shoot cameras and chains and such. Limited use, but something a tad different, I think.

1 Like

I’ve seen similar weapons in fiction here and there (mostly as untraceable projectile shooters or poison vectors) but I suppose all we’re gonna get is a functional clone of the ICA 19 :confused:

No time to go through all the info, so please allow me to just ask: in what way are the Holiday Hoarders and Snow Festival time limited? How does that work, I’ve been playing them all year?

For you @Franz they are not time limited, and are as permanent as they have been since their release last year. But they are free under a time limit for the Free Starter Pack players.

To quote the roadmap article :

“Holiday Hoarders is permanent for HITMAN 3 owners and will be available between December 1 and January 5 for Free Starter Pack players.”

And

“Free Starter Pack players can enjoy the HSF between January 5 and January 26, 2023.”

10 Likes

Very important poll here people:

Does the Iceballer look more like the ICA19 or another pistol? (Why)
  • ICA19
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

I need this for a reddit argument lol

3 Likes

This week’s Thursday release is…the start of the seven day countdown for the release of the “The Badboy Year Two” elusive target.

2 Likes

You mean a small slingshot with green peas for ammo? That would do it. I think a slingshot would actually be a pretty good weapon for a Hitman game. It would be a much more realistic and non-glitchy way to do distractions than shooting NPCs in the leg or something. It would be silent but non-lethal (no lucky temple shots or anything). You could use it for short to mid-range distractions, take out cameras with it, but no knockouts, no kills, and ammo would effectively be infinite since you can just grab a pebble from the ground to “refill”.

3 Likes

Bruh, at this point I just wanna get to feb to see if this game will have anything to offer other than Freelancer, spliting a single roadmap across 2 months makes it feel very empty, it feels like theres no content, ETs are finished with at like 5 mins from the release, so it truly feels like theres no content.

4 Likes

What I’ve been doing is finally playing the giant backlog of Featured Contracts I haven’t done yet. Yesterday I finally finished up the Halloween batch. If the FCs don’t interest you, you can always make an alt account and do all the challenges again if you want. There may not be much new weekly content but there is a ton of old content already in the game

3 Likes

Probably wouldn’t have to wait until February tbh. When the patch drops on the 26th, more than likely there will be things posted in the leaks section if the patch adds any Y3 ET data.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping that something good will drop faster than my parents