Hitman: Codename47 21th Anniversary

Nope. None of the three parts alone feels or functions properly like a standalone “full” title since they are too interdependent and are essentially one game split into three parts (and IO themselves called it that way prior to the release of H1) with improvements along the way.

Contracts on the other hand does work on its own and would do so even without H2SA´s existence (and vice versa), even if it doesn´t bring that much of an upgrade from H2SA´s gameplay and visuals :wink: Not to mention that there has already been a Hitman 2 and anything else with the same name simply cannot be considered a main standalone title :joy:

So, I´m hoping that once they´re done with all the post-release content in the upcoming year/s, they will finally be able (if legal circumstances permit) to rebrand this whole trilogy simply as “Hitman: World of Assassination” (The Game) and end this numerical naming charade once and for all :joy: (it would´ve been better had they stuck to the Season 1/2/3 label, but I imagine the whole publishing trouble got in the way of that)

2 Likes

It was an expensive game then :joy:

All my hopes are on the 25th anniversary.

3 Likes

I think 30th anniversary is more likely. See y’all in 9 years! :grin:

I am just glad that limitation of the ragdoll physics forced them to remove hair from 47.

1 Like

Here it is @MrOchoa in case you haven’t seen it already :relaxed:

I actually never played the game. When it came out it was forbidden in Germany and I was too young to get it :see_no_evil: I have seen many let’s play videos of it, but I would love to play it myself one day- but I’m afraid it’s way to difficult for me :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Awesome! No i haven’t seen it yet, so thanks!

:flushed: No wonder it isn’t your all-time favorite game yet!

Videos can’t do this magnificent gem justice!

If you ever happen to be in my city, I’ll gladly introduce you to this masterpiece and teach you my knowledge :smile:

The game is actually very easy, if you know what to do, its certainly way easier than H2SA :smile:

3 Likes

Really?! I always heard it’s so difficult and since I always fail SA and go through only in full war-mode I thought it would be the same with C47 too :sweat_smile:

Well if I will ever visit your city (which is? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:) I will gladly take the offer :grin: I’m sure you would be the best teacher someone could have for this game :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah i think its way easier than H2SA, i would probably put it somewhere next to Contracts, difficulty wise.

Its a small city near Mainz, about 25min away from it :grin:

Oh i think that would be “dominik7597”, dude posts absolutely insane speedruns of Codename 47 on YouTube - but I’m very passionate about this game, its gameplay and especially its story & atmosphere too - as you might have guessed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hitman 2 was so needlessly difficult that I can’t even find it anymore. Whenever I look up Hitman 2 I get some pink game with a fish as a weapon,

4 Likes

Well, I’m not into speedruns, so I would prefer your style of playing! And Mainz isn’t that far away from cologne… :eyes::grin::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I know, I’ve met @badeaguard once and we drove together with my ex gf to cologne to meet @Urben, had a really nice dinner and some Kölsch. Ah, the good pre-corona times. :cry:

6 Likes

What do you mean ex? :open_mouth: I had no idea. Sorry to hear that.
I still have the photo at the restaurant of course :yum:

It was really a wonderful experience meeting someone from here. Besides me and @MrOchoa have really a lot in common with the Hitman series starting with the love for Codename 47. We both replay it over and over again even today just to keep the memory fresh about it.
And all the time in the hours past together we would throw a line from the game out of the blue.
YAMMYYY YAMMY!!! OH NO! WHAT RE YOU DOING!?
One day we shall meet again. If he doesn’t come here in Italy I will come to find you again.

@mini @MrOchoa @Urben maybe one day we could organize another Hitmanforum night out? One day when I will come visit again pablo and perhaps more people from around that area could join us. It would be really wonderful.

9 Likes

Happy 21st Birthday Hitman your now legally allowed to drink in America.

4 Likes

That sounds so nice! I would love to have a forum meeting someday! Maybe next year, when the whole Corona thing will hopefully get a little more quiet :pray::pray:

5 Likes

The whole forum should meet up in Vernazza :smile:

Kind of like this:

4 Likes

Bug collection? Well about that

2 Likes

And what the name of it?

Not as large as Berlin. :grinning: