Hitman: Codename47 21th Anniversary

21 years ago, today, Codename47 released and started the story of agent 47! I clearly remember how thrilled I was as a -5 years old person.

(tagging @MrOchoa for obvious reasons)

23 Likes

I’ve played that one too but shame it was PC exclusive as I’d love to rediscover it on console.

6 Likes

I discovered the game after having played Hitman: Contracts and I told myself that some missions were the same as H: Contracts.
PS : it’s the 47 of Hitman 2 : Silent Assassin cover.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday, Codename 47. 21 Years ago you’ve stolen my heart and still refuse to let it go, just like i refuse to end my crusade for a faithful HD Remaster for all Platforms, until every gamer around the world can play this gem on the platform of his/her choice.

You are my forever-game.

tumblr_inline_p5fvorqOrZ1ty5vk9_400

19 Likes

I loved how after playing Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and other games, you came back to this one and no one was batting an eye ever when you grab a disguise, it was a breath of fresh air for guards not to freak out if you stick around them for a little too long :laughing:

1 Like

In all it’s glory!

3 Likes

It’s fun to see what a small group of devs made all those years ago has become. 8 main games, a couple of other games like GO and sniper, some books and a couple movies. Not too shabby.

5 Likes

The fanbase could be a better place WITHOUT the movies though :grin:

6 Likes

I didn’t hate either of them. First one was better. Neither were great.

5 Likes

Will MrOchoa get a therapist for his C47 delusions? Will IOI finally announce C47 remaster? Will the forum ever solve the conundrum that is -5 year old hickhas (was he a sperm, or an egg? Maybe just carbon)? Find out next on C47’s 21st anniversary!

2 Likes

I have it on good authority that Hichkas is actually a silicon based organism.

1 Like

Sperms don’t last for 4-5 years do they? I’m Vecna(an earth wizard who reached godhood) from the D&D world, manipulating time in the upside down.

1 Like

It lasts five days when outside the body.

but it’s not outside 5 years before your birth :man_shrugging: unless you’re a clone which I for sure can state am not.

Oh if it is inside the genitalia it is longer, being a mere few weeks instead of five or so days provided a person is physically fit.

Not a single word from IO to the 21st Anniversary, neither here nor on ioi.dk, or even a Tweet. That’s just sad.

@Travis_IOI @Clemens_IOI :frowning:

2 Likes

They’re mostly concerned with Hitman 3 not being nominated in more categories at The Game Awards :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Fixed.

First one was dumb, but kinda fun. Second one should be classified as a crime against humanity though.

Hmm, we better ask the real Hichkas to provide photos of himself when he was 15. Just to be sure…

2 Likes

peace of fact that the real Hichkas was 15 when C47 came out :smiley:
Photos vary from his 15-17 (2000, 2002) below

3 Likes

:joy:
You don’t count the new trilogy as 3? I get that argument but then why not count Contracts as an expansion pack to H2SA? Now we’re at 5 :joy: