Freelancer | Patch 3.170.1 | Bugs and Imperfections

The challenges with “Members or Leaders” refers to Leaders in Showdowns and Members (Targets) in Takedown missions. To the best of my knowledge, non-Leader Suspects don’t count toward those challenges.

A quick look through the challenges and I see a couple of challenges that specify Suspects who aren’t the leader, but Burning Man and Order Up! (for poisoning 50 suspects) are the only two that use “Suspect” with no qualifier and, as I recall, both work as worded: any suspect, leader or not, counts toward the challenge.

5 Likes

I know non-Leader suspects don’t count towards those challenges, I was more using those Challenges as an example of specific wording. Why have specific wording for every Challenge except Burning Man and Order Up that you mentioned in the next section?

I will admit I forgot about the “Order Up!” challenge, mostly because when I try to keep track of Challenges, the order in which the Challenges appear in is all over the place, but I am well aware that that one also works on any suspect as I have got a lot of progress because my strategy typically involves the Sieker and/or Kalmer - regardless if they are the Leader or not.

There was even a Reddit post and here on the Hitman Forum that mentioned the Challenge Order not being optimal for keeping track of them, and came up with a better order for the Challenges to be listed in.

I just think those two challenges should specify that both Suspects and Leaders count towards those Challenges.

I’ll say again that the original wording confused me because I thought non-Leader suspects were what counted for the Challenge. What caused the confusion for me was not using specific wording, while every other Challenge has specific, clear wording.

Another one I just noticed that doesn’t have specific, clear wording is “High in Fiber” (Eliminate 25 Syndicate Leaders with a Fiber Wire), while “A Necklace To Die For” (Strangle 10 Syndicate Leaders wearing a Necklace) has very clear wording. If I didn’t read comments here on the Forums and Reddit, I never would have guessed the Stethoscope would work for the “High In Fiber” challenge without randomly trying it first.

I think either wording in the description for “High In Fiber” would work better:

1. Eliminate 25 Syndicate Leaders with a Fiber Wire-esque weapon

2. Strangle 25 Syndicate Leaders

Other than the three challenges “Order Up!”, “Burning Man”, and “High In Fiber”, I think IOI did a good job making the Challenges clear on what to do to earn them. It’s just the order in which they are listed could use a little work, as demonstrated by me losing track of the “Order Up!” challenge in my previous comment.

1 Like

Because the wording is needed to be specific to include all NPCs that count towards the challenge. For Burning Man and Order Up, “Suspects” is specific enough to include all NPCs that count. There is no need to be more specific.

The game introduces them all as suspects, so that’s the category they fall into. Challenge descriptions only need to be more specific when NPCs from more than one category or not all NPCs from one category count.

2 Likes

Can now confirm - sometimes it just doesn’t load. Spawned in Dartmoor without the sniper. Has nothing to do with moving or interacting with anything, it’s simply glitched.

1 Like

When I did that challenge, I got credit for killing suspects AND the leader. And I spammed a Paris run (final campaign showdown) with the most suspects, all glitched and lined up walking outside together towards the (usually locked) door to the room with the female reporter that you can help with the camera lens fix. No one is really over there/looking in that direction, so I could just run over, KO all of them, oil can, dump burn. Restart. Spam.

So if that no longer works, then something changed since the update or it’s a glitch.

It still works, as I just did the challenge today by killing a Leader with fire. It’s possible I could have worded my comment itself poorly.

I should have worded it this way instead: “for the “Burning Man” Challenge in Freelancer (Eliminate 25 Suspects using fire), the actual Syndicate Leaders count towards the challenge, in addition to the regular suspects that aren’t the Leader.”

That’s assuming I’m understanding what you meant correctly.

1 Like

Yeah, it was the wording. :joy:

So adding to what @ZeroGravitas said, all Leaders are Suspects, but not all Suspects are Leaders.

1 Like

This is what happens when you trigger facility meltdown in vanilla. I guess IO figured that people just escape inside the facility they didn’t bother doing the upstairs people properly

5 Likes

Does nobody else find it weird that the freelancer loading screen is used everywhere now
Imo they should bring back the old one for everything thats not freelancer

4 Likes

I find it weird that they didn’t bother to go back and recreate the video for the new loading screen so Marrakesh lights up. They somehow missed it when creating it.

2 Likes

It’s because with the new WOA rebranding they didn’t want to reuse the old H3 one. Which makes sense. But it’s just weird because on Xbox, all the branding console side is still Hitman III. :rofl:

2 Likes

I think they should undo the rebranding in game, its fine on the store page but I mean they only changed the logo and loading screen and now it just looks weird and doesnt fit with the rest of the game
Or at least make the woa logo red

1 Like

Still losing ‘Perfect Shooter’ when taking out cameras.

7 Likes

What system? Because just earlier I shot the Evidence on Xbox and still kept my Perfect Shooter (I haven’t tested cameras). Could also just be a random bug as well.

Edit:

I just shot a camera on Dubai and didn’t lose the Objective. Could be a random bug like I mentioned if it wasn’t tied to your system.

Epic. I can’t even get cameras to count towards any ‘Destroy Cameras’ objective when I shoot them.

However, I do have a particular mod active. It lets you destroy cameras with your own camera by hacking them. It came in super handy when I couldn’t use a firearm.

Since we can now throw items at cameras I think I’ll disable it and see if that fixes both problems.

Edit: Not related, but since we can lock on with melee items… I’m wondering if the non-lock-on’able item throw “trick” can work here with cameras? :thinking: Like, take out a camera with a coin. :grin:

3 Likes

I honestly wish IOI would make that “Destroy cameras with 47’s camera” an actual gameplay mechanic. It would give the camera a purpose in the main game outside of Challenges.

The ONLY use for the camera outside of challenges in the main game that I even rememeber is the security dongles in Chongqing and Mendoza, and the windows in Dubai, which only applies to Hitman 3 maps.

Edit:

I didn’t mention the Dartmoor Detective mission story because it still applies to the "only applies to Hitman 3 maps I stated.

3 Likes

I said years ago when Hitman 3 first came out that they should have changed the intel gathering mechanic to use the camera instead of 47 just looking at a piece of paper. Take a photo of that intel! It would make the camera worth having to take a permanent slot in the inventory.

9 Likes

I would say same about the Live Tab.
Now it’s way harder to track Elusives.
Seems not a big deal, but I bet a lot of people forget to navigate to this new tab every day to see what’s on.
Inconvenient and in my opinion Freelancer does not deserve this huge banner on the main screen

7 Likes

True tbh, the live tab is nice but elusive targets should be on the first page

3 Likes

Best solution would be to have both

1 Like