Hitman GOTY Edition not detected

I’ve read numerous threads for people on Xbox, PC, etc. and can’t seem to find a clear indication of what I need to do through Steam in order to figure out how to rectify this. I finally bought everything yesterday after never owning the games. I have Hitman 3 installed and bought the following:

• HITMAN 3 - Deluxe Edition
  • HITMAN 2 - Gold Edition
  • HITMAN™ - Game of The Year Edition
  • Hitman 3 - Seven Deadly Sins Acts 1 - 7
  • Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 2 Expansion
  • Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 1 GOTY Upgrade

What am I missing? When I try to select missions from Hitman 1 it says I need to buy the “Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman GOTY Edition”. Was the Hitman 1 GOTY Upgrade not the right thing when I bought the “HITMAN Trilogy Premium Add-Ons Bundle”?

The description of the “Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 1 GOTY Upgrade” states

The HITMAN 3 Access Pass system allows you to access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 locations in HITMAN 3, essentially making it possible to play all locations in the World of Assassination trilogy from within HITMAN 3.

Purchasing or redeeming this Access Pass will grant access to the missions from ‘HITMAN 1 - GOTY Upgrade’ in HITMAN 3.

You must own HITMAN 3 to access this content.

Forgive me if this seems obvious, but buying a game has never been so damn confusing before.

FINALLY figured it out. For anyone else struggling like me who had never owned the games, this is what I did to fix it. As a reminder, I bought all the things, then downloaded Hitman 3 and started playing that and couldn’t access the Hitman 1 locations.

1. Download Hitman 1

2. Launch Hitman 1

3. Quit Hitman 1

4. Download Hitman 2

5. Launch Hitman 2

6. Quit Hitman 2

7. Launch Hitman 3

8. Enjoy all the locations

There is some sort of background server check that happens between Hitman 2 and Hitman 3 it sounds like and there is no check between Hitman 3 and Hitman 1. So you import Hitman 1 locations into Hitman 2, and import ALL locations from Hitman 2 (which would now include Hitman 1) into Hitman 3.

3 Likes

i made an account just to say thank you.

2 Likes