Hitman Series Newbie - Full playthrough

Hey all,

Oddly, Ive never played the series before but I recently got the Hawkes Bay level and absolutely loved it…so ive just bought the entire Hitman Series on PC, 1, 2 & 3 with all the levels and passes…so my questions are:

What do you think is the best way to approach the series?
Can I start at Hitman 1 and play right through in order?
Is this possible?
Is there a story thread that runs through the series that makes this worthwhile etc?

Totally appreciate any feedback or advice,

Cheers
E

1 Like

Yes you can start with 1,2, 3 but you can also transfer 1 and 2 into 3 and play those Levels with the graphical and gameplay updates from 3.

Storywise i also would recommend that you start with 1.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Ok thats cool. So I can just open 3 and play right through 1>2>3 with all the updates and improvements from the off?

2 Likes

i just saw you’re on PC, i guess you own them on Epic Game store? its a little complex there so I’ll give you this link so you can check out what to do :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, shame its on Epic store but hey, whaddya gonna do.
Thanks for the link, will check that out…not like them to overcomplicate things huh!

Cheers

1 Like

its only complicated on PC, because of the Epic exclusivity and such. but tbh the Games are good enough to deal with this shit to play them i think :smile:

1 Like

If you really want to dig deep, you could start at Codename 47 and venture through over twenty years of Hitman. It really depends on your tolerance for old games. C47 is a personal favourite of mine, though…

Or, yeah, get into the franchise with the HITMAN: World of Assassination trilogy. Definitely start with the first in the trilogy, and play it all in order. Some of the most fun you can have in gaming.

4 Likes

that sounds good, my gaming experience started with Sabre Wulf and Manic Miner in about 1984 so ive definitely got the chops for some old school gaming.

you recommend C47 then…grand, will check that out, cheers!

3 Likes

Ive just installed it all and its pretty intuitive and easy to implement to be honest, I can just start with Hitman 1 right from the Hitman 3 menu. Pretty pleased about that, major pain the arse sometimes faffing about when you just want to crack on with it.

Yeah im looking forward to a few maps ive seen: Sapienza, Paris, Miami, Hokkaido, Mumbai all look amazing!

1 Like

Have fun and welcome to the Community :grin:

2 Likes

Cheers

Pretty excited actually, that ‘new game’ feeling :slight_smile:

One of the best things about this is how they managed to reduce the size. Hitman 2 (containing Hitman 1 levels) takes up around 150GB. Now for Hitman 3 (containing all of H1 & H2), it’s down to just 55GB.

2 Likes

I want buy hitman 2 to play my favorite maps will it play on series x without hitman 3 brought and downloaded ?