Hitman with hair

CBR has an article on the proposed Hitman TV show.

2 Likes

A very baā€¦ i mean bold decision by the directors.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been looking forward to this show, and good to hear itā€™s not dead! Itā€™s an interesting and bold decision, hoping it gets executed well as a fresh take on the character.

1 Like

So theyā€™re kind of implying heā€™s had his memory erased in the show, yes? As in, he doesnā€™t remember having the barcode tattooed underneath his hair? Orā€¦is that he will see the tattoo and have a crisis because he just remembered itā€™s there?

Iā€™m cautiously looking forward to this show if it ever happens. But itā€™s disappointing hearing they want to rewrite things. The movies rewrote a lot of things and ultimately it made them flop

1 Like

Unfortunately this doesnā€™t give me a lot of optimism about how this show will approach the character. I donā€™t think a change in the back story is an inherently bad thing, but Iā€™m worried the protagonist is going to be some charismatic yet brooding antihero and 47 in name only.

As far as the missions and hits themselves, Iā€™m expecting something more along the lines of John Wick but a bit more creative, definitely incorporating a lot of accidents. Could be entertaining, just a bit of a shame its not the character and world we love.

1 Like

This one seems to be the original:

Maybe theyā€™ll do a build-up to where he shaves his head at the end of the season and puts on a suit and gloves.

Kolstad assured fans that the change in appearance is important to Agent 47ā€™s journey in the show. "Youā€™re introduced to a guy whoā€™s very much the hitman we know from the games, but heā€™s got a full head of hair, and heā€™s independent. He has a handler, heā€™s got a life, heā€™s very much that early '80s, late '70s assassin we read about in the books, right?"he explained. ā€œBut at a certain point, he gets a gig, and that gig unveils the reality that no choice heā€™s ever made has been his own. And of course, the show ends with him at a mirror, finding hidden under his skin, the barcode. So suddenly it becomes a mystery of ā€˜who am I, really?ā€™ā€

This really doesnā€™t sound like it has anything to do with Hitman as we understand it to be honest. Also, thanks for spoiling the ending so now I donā€™t have to bother watching it.

3 Likes

I assume/hope that happens at the end of the first or second episodeā€¦ iā€™m not sure I want to watch a whole season of faux-47 being ā€œsuaveā€.

Plot twist, the barcode ends with a 48 instead.

1 Like

I would watch a show where each episode was just another mission for 47. They wouldnā€™t need character development, excessive plot, etc. TV today though has to be edgy with twists and cliffhangers and through lines that make things way too complicated.

1 Like