Hitman WOA: The Sarajevo Six Campaign Thread

No matter the different opinions on the S6 quality - Hitman content is Hitman content ! And I’ll definitely play it.

8 Likes

Completely agree. Even if IO just copy and paste it out of H1, for the price they have set it at - you’ll easily get your small amount of money’s worth out of it just by playing “properly”.

Not to mention going one step further and just messing about with the new equipment we now have that we didn’t in H1 and doing things that just weren’t possible back then. When I got the game on Steam last year and installed the mod for it - I easily spent 6-7 hours all up screwing around with them and doing just that.

9 Likes

As much as I would love to have the two Garys and Sean Bean as Elusive Targets in Hitman 3/World of Assassination, I highly doubt IOI will renegotiate image rights, voice acting rights, and so on just to have them available for a limited, one time only mission, AND give them away for free for all players.

The difference with Sarajevo Six and the Celebrity Cameo ETs is that it was an entire campaign instead of one off missions, and none of the Targets in Sarajevo Six were modeled after and voiced by Celebrities on the level of the two Garys and Sean Bean.

The ONLY way I could see them bring back the Two Garys and Sean Bean is if they make it a Paid DLC similar to Special Assigments, or made them paid “Escalations” in Elusive Target Arcade. Otherwise, IOI would just be eating a financial loss.

I personally would rather see resources and man power poured into a new Snow Map (that can be used in both Freelancer and the main game), a new Snow Based Bonus Mission in Berlin, or one final Sniper Assassin map set in Khandanyang than some Special Assigments or two to four (at most) Elusive Target Arcade Contracts.

1 Like

Well, none of those are going to happen at this point, and despite the logistical differences between getting those ETs back and the S6, the fact is that a renegotiation of terms already paid for was in order, and the $5 price tag aside (peanuts), the fact that they spent the time and money and effort to get them back means that nothing is stopping them from doing the same in the case of one washed-up actor and one who no longer does work that anyone cares about. Even if they don’t succeed, there’s no reason for them to not try.

I’m gonna say it again this way, so maybe it’ll get across: there are NO MORE EXCUSES.

There’s differences between what is a valid reason to not do something and what is an excuse.

Also TS6 happened because IO and Sony presumably came to a deal that worked out for both parties because IO knew they could charge players for the content. IO cannot do the same thing for the ETs because people will just moan that they’re putting ETs behind a paywall.

If IO isn’t even interested in spending peanuts on “recasting” the ETs and then use them as standard ETs, then its illogical to expect them to spend more than that to renegotiate the deal with the three actors involved and use the content as-is. There is an element of common sense you’re completely missing here.

The fact they have also removed all the unlocks that were associated with The Undying and put them elsewhere in the game is even more telling that it just is not on the cards. Sure, there might be a 0.000000000000000001% chance they could change their mind, but it’s extremely unlikely given various things IO have said and done specifically in regards to this content in question.

3 Likes

Same talk as was said about the S6. Maybe they won’t do it, sure. I’m not saying they will. I’m saying there’s no excuses anymore to not make the effort.

If you won’t listen to me, maybe you’ll listen to you.

9 Likes

I already know that none of what I suggested will happen. The difference here is I at least know not to get my hopes up. I mostly mentioned the maps as an example that IOI would be better off making any of those things over a handful of missions that can only be played one time, then never again. Unless they do them as Special Assigments or Elusive Target Arcade as I said earlier.

You’re whole No more excuses is wrong as I explained in my previous comment. Renegotiating actor likness and voicelines is NOT an “excuse”, it’s an explanation. There’s a difference. Even if it was an “excuse” as you put it, Legal Rights to actors likeness and their voices are very different than whatever was holding the Sarajevo Six back. So it’s an apples to oranges comparison.

We can agree to disagree, but I’m just pointing out that I highly doubt IOI will put the work and resources into renegotiating those Elusive Target missions just for a few one time missions.

I’ll say it again, the only way I can see them even attempting to put in the work is if they sell them as Special Assigments, or a pack of two to four Elusive Target Arcade “Escalations”.

I actually hope I am wrong and hope you are right, but I’m just saying not to get your hopes up. I never got to play any of the 4 celebrity contracts (one of which never got released), so I do hope we get them, it’s just unlikely. And the closer it gets to “end of life” for the content, the more likely it is not to happen.

As @thrison even said, all the unlocks related to The Undying/The Undying Returns have been moved to other methods of unlocking. If they were planning on bringing him back, I think they wouldn’t have moved them to other methods.

I personally would be willing to pay for more Special Assigments related to the two Garys and Sean Bean, but the question is, would a good percentage of players? If IOI doesn’t think they would at least recoup their costs, I doubt they’d do it.

1 Like

@thrison @LocoGamingRocker both of you are missing the point. Everybody said S6 was never coming back, for logistical and contractual reasons, and now it’s back. Everybody spent the last five years being wrong, as IOI went to the trouble is getting it back. They made the effort. And that is why there are no nor excuses to not have the two ETs back. Something that was already written off as impossible happened, because they put forth the effort. So they have no excuse to continue putting forth that effort and make another impossibility a reality. Regardless of what you say about it not being financially sound for them, the same can be said for the first time they got them, when the ETs were free, and before IOI got major success with H3 that gave them what they needed to renegotiate this one. They have the means, now they just need to do it.

1 Like

Do you have insider information confirming that? When H3 released no new Locations were planned and now we got Ambrose Island despite that. I myself like to held on a tiny bit of Hope regarding the theorised Johannisburg location, even if it’s very unlikely.

You may feel free to do the same for the Celebrity ETs, so no reason to pop other peoples hopes.

5 Likes

Not quite. Both ETs were linked to huge marketing campaigns to pull people into the games at the time and in the case of The Undying - was a major part of the pre-launch marketing campaign for HITMAN 2. The situation as to why the ETs even exist is completely and utterly different to bringing them back as a ET with little to no fanfare.

2 Likes

I didn’t miss the point you were making, I just don’t agree that the Celebrity ETs are the same kind of contractual troubles as Sarajevo Six is/was. You can say No excuses how ever many times you want, it doesn’t change that there are legitimate, legal reasons why bringing them back will be difficult, if not impossible. Even from a financial/business standpoint, I can’t see how IOI can justify the four celebrity ET misions, regardless if it’s free, or paid - ESPECIALLY if it’s free.

While I will admit that I was one of the people who agreed Sarejevo Six was unlikely (and now it’s coming), I was also always holding out hope for the slight chance it could happen. Same with the Trinity Pack. I made several posts here on the Forum and Reddit asking for the Trinity Pack for others. I knew it was less and less likely as time went on, but I still had hope. The Celebrity ETs are different.

I do hope I’m wrong about the Celebrity ETs, I just don’t see how it’s feasible or realistic unless IOI also wants to also charge for them for either Elusive Target Arcade “Escalations”, or Special Assigments. I’d personally lean towards Special Assigments just because we’ve paid for those before, but we haven’t paid for any Elusive Target Arcade content - and the Escalations we DID pay for (7 Deadly Sins) were HEAVILY criticized, even to this day… especially after getting a free map and Game Mode. Heck, even the free Escalations we got (including Dartmoor Garden Show) were more well received - partly because they were free, and partly because of quality.

There’s also the fact about both Undying contracts. There is no difference between the two other than an eye patch on the character, and a slight difference for the briefing. I imagine that part alone will not go over well for paid content regardless how IOI handles it. “Why should we pay for the same exact mission twice?” The two Sean Bean contracts alone make me think that the risk is greater than the reward for IOI.

Is it possible Gary Cole, Gary Busey, and Sean Bean could renegotiate? Yes. Is it likely that all three will? Probably not. Then, you have to take into account “does IOI think any potential backlash, cost, resources like time and effort into getting the four Celebrity ETs into the game is worth it just for a handful of missions?” So, you have several variables.

You are free to hold out hope for them, heck, I myself hope they come, I’m just saying that it’s best to be realistic and not get our hopes up. Same way how I mentioned those maps I wanted, I know the odds are slim, but I’m not getting my hopes up for them either.

At the end of the day though, I hope you end up being right just for the sake of being able to play the missions.

1 Like

This, but mainly for the default Colorado tactical gear suit so that we can wear a sweet leather jacket to other WoA locations, without the inclusion of that lame-ass hat that completely ruins the look, amirite @schatenjager?

3 Likes

Five euros for sex!!!

6 Likes

People warmed up to 7DS as time went on, in fact I’ve seen people outright recommend the DLC due to the weapons. And there absolutely is quality in 7DS escalations; it had unique gameplay setups, scripting, character models, weapons, voice lines etc. that makes the gameplay unique and fun. But all that was marred by perceptions of “Escalations are bad!”, which was very vocal during the first year, and drowned out much of the praise the escalations got.

Ironically, as time went on people wanted more escalations, as IOI stopped doing them because people kept saying they didn’t like them. It’s an unwinnable situation.

4 Likes

Honestly, I kinda want The Brothers ET back. They werre already done, all you have to do is to rearrange their routes so there are more opportunities to kill them. Not to mention, cutscene in Chongqing confirms you’ve killed them previously, so doesn’t really disrupts canon.

9 Likes

Which was most likely an oversight, not an intentional inclusion. By that logic, the contracts for Patient Zero retconned the titles for Nabazov and Bradley to their Old ET codenames, while Sister Yulduz and Klaus as never existing as they’re not in the list (despite being very important to that campaign). While there’s some inference here (2016 ET’s are canon), I’d still say that anything more than that is just wishful thinking. That video in Chongqing is filled with issues, and is not the best source of lore to go off of.

And yes, they’d have to heavily rework the ET’s path, not to mention their bio’s, as it’s just the two of them standing around and their connections to ETHER and the Delgado cartel makes no sense (and has no payoff either). It’s not finished, and it shows and plays like it.

At the very least the stuff from Patient Zero was reused as IOI was in serious financial trouble. They’re not in that position anymore, so there’s less incentive to reuse the stuff they have to keep themselves afloat.

1 Like

Would you please not disregard arguments just because you think they are invalid because of the S6 release?

Sony’s contract for S6, Busey’s contract for his ET and Bean’s contract for his ET are three individual contracts. You can’t say just because IO managed to win the lottery once means they can do it two times again. Even though it the chance for success is higher than winning the lottery, but I think you get what I mean.

That ETs are expected to be free might be another reason the chance is more slim. The 5$ for the S6 could very well go up to 100% to Sony, as the condition to bring it to H3. You couldn’t do the same for the ETs and if the two want to see cash (and they likely want to) then IO has to pay them themselves.

I will flag posts if you do that. It is not constructive.

19 Likes

That hat IS the look!

2 Likes

Ugh, I bet Gary lost it :confused:

5 Likes