Hitman's Lost Concept Art - Thread

That’s where I got them from haha :joy: thanks for linking though

EDIT: Also those are for HITMAN 2, according to the gallery title

2 Likes

Not going to lie those UI concepts are downright shockingly bad to me. It feels minimalist yet incredibly busy at the same time, like burning ice cream for a dessert.

1 Like

Which ones in particular?

I find them to be very interesting. Scratching the what could have been itch. Some of them actually would be nice to have. I especially like the alternative starting location one. Although that could be tricky to implement for all the maps.

1 Like

I’m combining the last post with this one.

Codename 47

art_8

The honest-to-god unedited high quality Gunrunner’s Paradise render. Mouthful.

The typical promo image but in full and high quality.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

I have this in higher res, but it has a watermark.

A slightly unique 47 render.

Full version of these two is likely lost to time.

Blood Money

This one is from one of the the Blood Money press kits. I’ll be having a look at the rest sometime within the next few days so do check back here when you can.
I honestly thought I added this one before.
Yeah we’re getting art from merch now :flushed:

Full Disclosure App (Absolution)

I was originally snipping all the images from this, but in all honesty that is a bit of a waste of time. I’ll just link the videos here:

Hitman Absolusion - Full Disclosure - (All deleted, hidden and cut content) - YouTube
Hitman Absolution Full Disclosure - All deleted -(videos, cut-scenes, trailer,Concept films) - YouTube

Edits

Edit 1: I’ve added what looks to be a concept for the Katsuyama-Jo Castle.
Edit 2: Added concepts/promo designs from… merch :thinking:
Edit 3: Added a Codename 47 section for three pieces I found while looking through press kits.
Edit 4: Added Ort-Meyer model development render that was in front of my face the whole time

10 Likes

Ingvar,
Pretty interesting content.

I’m going to be honest, this collection is pretty messy. It does the job, preservation, but it’s very messy. It could use some cleaning up and organization (especially with all those extremely annoying alternate art/render variations).

We’re getting closer and closer to the point we’re most if not all discoverable concepts have been found. I just recently started organizing all the concepts from the first four games (aka the most endangered) into one zip file. Quite a lot of the concepts in there are already higher quality, more organized and original than here.

Once it is done (and it almost is) I’ll post an upload to it here. In the meantime, I’ve added some rare Codename 47 stuff from a press kit up above :wink:

thank you for coming to my ted talk

10 Likes

Artwork from the Contracts iGuide.

Contracts

Silent Assassin

16 Likes

I literally bought the iGuide last week and it just arrived today, wtf.

I’ll try to extract the stuff from the disc at least.

6 Likes

3 Likes
i-Guide Crops

I cropped the rare concepts since I have the iGuide anyway now, might as well do something with it. That was extremely weird but still thanks to @ZT1 for uploading the contents of the iGuide. (also found one of them in full after an image search)

Contracts Lost Concepts (Cropped)

Malcolm Sturrock chopping limbs, wonder if this scene was ever truly implemented/even planned to be in the game. We can hear the girl being murdered in the beta but that is it I believe.

Silent Assassin Lost Concepts (Cropped)

This one makes me very curious, it has “C6-3” on it, which is what the mission .zip is labelled in the game files. I wonder if there’s any of these for a scrapped level :thinking:

This one above is in the iGuide but I found it in full after a reverse image search.

I was going to include the dev stuff as a bonus but we already got that :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll probably be buying and scanning the Codename 47 Prima Strategy Guide to grab a few renders soon, though :wink:

CODENAME 47 UPDATE

After a long day of subjecting the Prima Strategy Guide to all kinds of medieval torture, it has finally given up it’s concepts.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/856664308892041219/857151249622368266/Drug_Lord_Character_Concept.png
I had to upload this one elsewhere, file size was too big :))

This is basically the first time I’ve ever scanned anything, and I’m still figuring out the ideal settings. I’ll probably rescan them later and you’ll see those ones in the collection folder, which is almost done :wink:

I’ve got some other stuff, more H2:SA concepts, BM concepts and storyboards. Collection will be coming very soon.

12 Likes

The Classics Concept Art Collection

442 images, months of deep digging and a lot of forum posts later, it is finally here. Inside this .zip file is currently the most extensive collection of classic Hitman concept art you will find on the internet.

The Classics Concept Art Collection.zip - Google Drive (.zip download)
The Classics Concept Art Collection - Google Drive (viewable online folder w images)
Hitman - Classics Concept Art Collection : Ingvar : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive (alternate .zip download at the Internet Archive)

Changelog
  1. Organized all the individual game concepts into separate categorized folders, and changed one file name (7/2/2021)

2. New Blood Money storyboards added, and some other minor updates I did a month ago.

3. Corrected the name of “Receptionists (render)” to “Receptionist and Waiter (render).” Added a few concepts found last year to the Google Drive folder:
    Colombian Gates (less noise)
    Gunrunner’s Paradise (alternate)
    Hardballer (render)
    Kitchen Knife (render)
    Hotel Waiter (render)
    Nuristan Soldiers Render (higher quality)

Notes

I’d like to mention I’m not currently intending to ever add WOA to this specific file - mainly due to the colossal amount of concepts it has. I still intend to add the rest of the WOA to this forum post but I don’t think I’ll be manually downloading every single WOA concept anytime soon.

I also feel obligated to mention that Hitman: Blood Money’s character concepts have a lot of alternate variations. The only difference is that overall shade might be a tad more green, a tad more yellow etc.

I opted to include only those with bold changes. I still have the alternates though, of course :)))

"A Classic Hit" archives

A few years ago Travis had these pages set up to celebrate a level championship on the old forum. The links eventually died, and were apparently not archived - BUT it turns out a small change in the link leads to fully archived pages. Enjoy :smiley:
Hitman » The Hitman Forum Level Contest

I had quite a lot of time to look for higher quality concepts, and so the Hitman: Blood Money collection has received a pretty hefty revamp :grin: and a lot of new concepts

I’ll be editing this whenever the collection receives a decently sized update. I’m currently hoping I can find time to add Hitman: Absolution later down the line. A special thank you to everyone who contributed to this collection/preservation :heart:

23 Likes

absolutely incredible work ingvar

8 Likes

Amazing work on finding, and cataloging all of this.

When you found the making of PDF for Codename 47, Did you happen to find one on Freedom Fighters? I’ve been interested in the latter’s development for a long time.

5 Likes

Sad to say I haven’t come across anything like that. I’ll let you know if I find anything of interest though :D‎

4 Likes

thanks @Ingvar for your dedication- downloaded and added to my collection :sunglasses:

7 Likes

@Ingvar My WoA dump :stuck_out_tongue: though it’s missing some recent stuffs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jLL66KhaQhXqDvTGQsw9LEZ8JQGBp4cl/view?usp=sharing

Example of stuffs that got released recently:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1na4A3
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Qr9V68
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/R3vVWe
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/28E3aB
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/48Zxvl

22 Likes

FANTASTIC POST! It was very beautiful seeing all these concepts. Thank you for sharing.
Are there maybe more photos of the Silverballer that maybe I have missed?

7 Likes

I remember a picture of a concept art for a sniper mission, placed on a building in construction, with hostages. I can’t find it

5 Likes

I believe you are referring to this.

18 Likes