Hitman's Lost Concept Art - Thread

NEW: The Classics Collection

Hello everyone! The last few months I have been digging through tons of archived sites, videos and reverse image searches in search of one thing. Concept art. I am obsessed with concept art, and I believe more people should see the early drafts of what inspired their favorite games and levels.

I would like to do some explaining as to everything that went into this, some decisions made and more but I will save that for a reply when this is posted. This is a thread for specifically rare-uncommon renders, concept arts and promotional arts. A few common ones are tossed in however.

Hitman Codename 47 Concept & Promo Art

concept-drawings 1

concept-drawing 2

art_h1_10

concept-drawing 6

art_h1_11

art_h1_21

art_h1_22

(Credit to @GamersEatCrisps for this picture above and some of the other unshaded linearts.)
art_1

art_h1_9

(I apologize for my guesses of the what order these were created in getting messed up at this point. Trying to keep it just a little organized.)
ToTT_2
(Thanks to @Luiluix for this one above, he also provided another render or two you will see soon in the Blood Money section. I apologize if any duplicates get in here.)
unknown (5)

art_h1_8

_prev_07

unknown (8)

There is a lower-res version of this with no watermark.

art_h1_14

art_h1_15

_prev_07 (1)

_prev_08

_prev_06
This extremely rare render of Ochoa is only preserved in a very small form, unfortunately.

image--035

image--030

image--033

image--037
(Nolan who?)
image--034

concept-render (ochoa)
(The bullet hole is not a part of the original image.)
concept-drawing 5

concept-drawing 7

Tott_5
(This is also from Luiluix.)
hitmanz008

hitmanz009

hitman_codename_47

Colombia Outfit Render

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin Concept & Promo Art

YAME YAME

hmsilentassassin

sydjan

drkamprad
Added the remaining character renders in an update reply.
CultLeader_full

Alternate render of the Tunnel Rat loading screen? There will be a few alternate renders.
sergei

Added the rest of these drawn concepts in an update reply.
historietimehitman_690081_216x
I do not know what game this one below is for. I believe it is H2:SA.

517KRBWSPHL
Alternate render.

Alternate render. There is a full version somewhere.
historietimehitman_690071

historietimehitman_689981

human

unnamed (5)

Here is a more full version (in terms of height, at least) of the St Petersburg Stakeout loading screen.

Two renders snipped from the Prima Game Guide.

I added the remaining H2:SA posed character renders in an update reply. Thank you to @Firepower for uploading some of the high-res versions!

Alternate renders.

Thank you to ZT1 for uploading the high quality version of this.

Hitman Contracts Concept & Promo Art

A version with no tree or bed.
I cannot confirm if this one is for Contracts above. I believe it is.

art_h3_4

art_h3_5

art_h3_6

art_h3_7

art_h3_8

Higher-res alternate render.
art_h3_11
A few of these aren’t that lost, only if you know where to look.
art_h3_12

art_h3_13

art_h3_18

Tott_5
Full version of Frantz’ target picture.

The Contracts trailer, the Spas-12 render I posted above and this alternate render all have an earlier head model.

historietimehitman_690171

historietimehitman_690121

Thank you to Luiluix for these next two.

These next few are textures from Rendezvous in Rotterdam, I could not tell if they were concept art or not but after seeing the one above posted by ZT1 I believe they are.
There were also a few others with IOI game-related logos.

Hitman Blood Money Concept & Promo Art

TMOC_2-580x499

send-in-the-clonesjpg-e20680_640w

historietimehitman_689921

historietimehitman_689961

historietimehitman_689941

historietimehitman_690201

771_Locations_M01_Painting_M01_02

845_Locations_M01_Picture_M01_03

878_Locations_M01_Picture_M01_04

Credit to @getro_gamer for some of these next ones if I remember correctly.

(Credit to Luiluix for these next three)

There are a few more, though I haven’t really seen most of them other than in this big compilation image below.

Might as well post this one.

There is a version of this above where he the guns are not drawn, used on one of the Steam sale promotions.

Hitman Absolution Concept & Promo Art

I apologize for my bad cropping jobs.

Again I am sure there are higher quality and higher res versions out there, please do post if you come across any.

I will have to start updating this thread in replies as I am reaching the character limit. I will hopefully be able to post links to all of these replies here. The WOA is coming eventually.

Update replies:

Hitman's Lost Concept Art - Thread - #47 by Ingvar
Hitman's Lost Concept Art - Thread - #45 by Ingvar
Hitman's Lost Concept Art - Thread - #48 by Ingvar
Hitman's Lost Concept Art - Thread - #52 by Ingvar
Hitman's Lost Concept Art - Thread - #58 by Ingvar

48 Likes

I will admit immediately this began falling apart towards the end. A lot of concepts are super easy to find, but only if you know where to look, and I just realized not a lot of people know where to look. This is super incomplete and you can expect edits and updates to this thread.

Tomorrow you can expect H2:SA and Blood Money character concept art. Just like the Lei Ling one below.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I remember seeing most of them back in the day but in recent years it has been harder and harder to find some or even most of them. Great work on finding them :smiley::+1:

5 Likes

thanks for this, ingvar :+1: definitely something for the history books

:eye:

8 Likes

Here’s Concept Art for Lei Ling in a beautiful dress

“Ochoa had never seen such bullshit before, it was time to leave”
_prev_06

Love how they made it look like @Beldingford is enjoying a drink whilst watching his old man having a good time with his Maid lmao

20 Likes

I also love this shot of the Five Fathers hanging out as friends :heart:

21 Likes

I was searching for that! (In color, I mean) I remember your post about it on the old forum, nothing yet sadly :confused:

5 Likes

Idk maybe one of IO Staff could help us out, I’m not sure if IO has something like a “Treasure Vault” where they save all stuff like that?

3 Likes

This is going into my cursed images folder.

17 Likes

I know they have something Travis calls “The Vault” :eyes:

I asked him around two days ago about reposting the concept art he posted years ago as a result of the level contest. He said he says he has them in a folder somewhere and will find a way if he has the time :pray:.

Those original links were dead for a year or two at least.

2 Likes

b21

8 Likes

Fantastic thread ingvar, cant wait to see more concept art

5 Likes

I actually have the full press kit for hitman blood money, which contains hd wallpapers, very very early screenshots, and gameplay demos showing early footage + cut content. I can post it here if you want

6 Likes

I’m intending to make a separate thread for the tons of lost interviews, early beta/alpha screenshots, engine shots etc so that would be very nice of you to do sometime :smile:

My intention with all this is to sort of put together a full archive of all rare Hitman media.

3 Likes

alright well I’ll be looking forward to that

1 Like

I’m guessing these would be good in the “original” quality

eyes-in-the-darkness-580x355

TMOC_1_720-580x310

TMOC_3-580x450

HoC1-580x297

HoC3-580x309

HoC4-580x433

13 Likes

Holy christ! Thanks for posting those, they look great. I’ll be updating the thread tomorrow with them & the H2:SA/BM character art.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this Ingvar! These are such a treat to behold — I too am a lover of concept art. It’s awesome to see the concept art flourish into the final product and the process in between!

1 Like

Not sure if this counts, but this is a very early render of 47’s action pose for HITMAN™ 2’s Silver and Gold Edition covers. It was found a long time ago on the old forum, but I’m not sure if it’s been posted here… so here you go!

As you can tell, it’s immensely different from what we got. The face is closer to H2016 and 47 isn’t aiming his gun (obviously), which also looks more generic (kind of like the Bartolis the guards used in H2016). I’m glad they changed the pose and face later on, since these just don’t look nearly as good as the final product, but it’s still charming in its own way.

22 Likes

Reminds me of this little statue

12 Likes