HMF Challenge - The Greed Perturbation

Note: this isn’t fully polished in terms of balance but it’s just an idea I liked and yous probably know how much I like interesting player-enforced challenges

Rise. Rise again, 47. The coins and treasures call to you. Seize them. Let the greed consume you.

You will be judged not on your speed, but on the vastness of you wealth. So go! Go and collect!

This is a fan-made player-enforced challenge and entirely just for fun. Hope you enjoy and post your runs below :yellow_heart:

Some further ramblings

I just wanted to make something different that still capitalises (pardon the pun) on the, unfortunately underutilised, Season of Greed, in a different interesting way. Dubai may be a little overplayed but it was the obvious choice and had the most appropriate items it felt.

As for the target she’s just a quick, free, no items kill right by the suit start so made sense. Feels like a great inclusion by IO (plus her link to The Greed Enumeration).

I’ve tried to balance points so major obvious strategies wouldn’t trump others. Is it better to raid the penthouse or go KO crazy or go after the Sheikh? Hopefully, it should lead to a variety of interesting attempts, but always open to criticism

5 Likes

PC: 1-27-4739439-26

I really like the unique scoring system, I’ll try some unofficial* attempts when I have some time.
*cries in not having the Greed DLC

2 Likes

Love the idea, probably wont have time to play this until the weekend however.
Don’t remember actually but does the gold machine in the lobby give gold bars as well? Or are those different items? And does the «bullet cost» count just for bullets or also for darts (Sieker, Kalmer)?

If the machine in the lobby doesn’t give gold bars the max. item count would look like this:
Gold Bar: 1 x 1 = 1
Coin: 17 x 3 = 51
Filigree Egg: 2 x 4 = 8
Banana: 3 x 7 = 21
Whiskey Bottle: 3 x 10 = 30
Gold Idol: 2 x 10 = 20
Scimitar: 2 x 12 = 24
Max Points with Items: 155

Max Points with extra time: 30 (for 5 mins)
So I wouldn’t really focus on time but more on items, as that’s where the «big» points are. Probably miss the Scimitar from the Sheik (-12) but get everything else.

2 Likes

But you can get extra coins using The Devil’s Cane from The Greed Enumeration, that’s the trick :wink:

Just think it emphasises greed in a nice way. Hope you enjoy and cheers for recreating :green_heart:

3 Likes

I completely forgot about this! -2 for a used slot but so much more points from coins! Hmmm… a KO everyone on Dubai in under 5 min is probably a little bit ambitious. Losing SA (-50) but KO way more people to make up for those points :thinking:

2 Likes