Holiday Hoarders

I hope that in the Holiday Hoarders mission there is no longer that Challenge pack to win the Santa 47 costume. For example, he kills the two thieves dressed as Santa Claus and goes out on the chimney.
something like this.

1 Like

For starters, we don’t even have Holiday Hoarders in HITMAN 3 yet.
Looking back, when HH appeared in HITMAN 2, there were no changes to gameplay or challenges.
I assume when it appears in HITMAN 3 there will be no changes either, most likely it will be the same as we now have in HITMAN 2016 and HITMAN 2

3 Likes

If it comes back I hope that don’t remove any aspect of it. I personally enjoy the challenge, of getting to the stuff the targets steal before them and then derping around waiting for Santa to show up. I wish they’d bring back all the challenge packs, they were fun and there seem to be so fewer challenges in H3.

2 Likes

It’s likely that Holiday Hoarders and Hokkaido Snow Festival will have changes because of the removal and discontinuation of challenge packs, but of course this can change.

3 Likes

I tell you what.
There are only a few challenges in that mission.
If they scrap them, there will nothing left.
As far as I remember the mission contains only challenges related to mission itself.
I can’t name them challenge packs

I never said the challenges would be scrapped, I said the way of obtaining the items for the seasonal events may change and become just a singular challenge such as what OP said:

1 Like

They might just put then in another tab. I dont think the items will be changed because it wouldve been done with the game’s launch right?

I just want Holiday Hoarders to finally get a proper mission briefing instead of the text-only one we’ve had since it first released…

6 Likes

i hope ioi will give us the abilty to saves in both Holiday Hoarders and snow festival

3 Likes

I don’t get why IO doesn’t let us save in Holiday Hoarders in Hitman 2 and 3 when we can save in Hitman 2016

4 Likes

I know Luke i wish we could

2 Likes

Because it’s online-only content. If you disconnect from the internet, it disappears, right alongside the Hokkaido Snow Festival. Until they change this, or allow offline play for all aspects of the game, we can’t save.

2 Likes

Then I guess the better question is why is Holiday Hoarders available offline in Hitman 2016 but not in 2 or 3, though I guess that falls under the general “why is almost the entire game online only?” question. At least if Ambrose Island follows the same format as every other map it’ll be the first piece of post-launch content for Hitman 3 available offline.

5 Likes

One of many legit questions I have for whoever’s running the operation.

4 Likes

At least for HITMAN 2 I’m guessing saving/offline was removed when it was released as a time-limited thing (to prevent people just having a save they could use to access the content once it was “removed” or just playing in offline mode) and then because it became permanent in H2 in December 2019 after the last patch was released in November 2019, there wasn’t a way for them to enable saving/offline mode for it.

By the time H3 rolled around, it was years since the save/offline ability was removed that it was probably just forgotten that it was even there to begin with.

3 Likes

I recall being able to save in H2’s re-release of the level?

Nope, ability to save has been absent since H1. It pissed me off for H2 and still pissed me off that it was kept the same for H3.

4 Likes

Well, just finished the two new challenges and unlocked the explosive present. It’s rare that I can make a non-accident explosive kill work in accordance with the HPP, but I managed to get it done in one try. I opened the five presents, then got the explosive present, went down to the basement and killed the security system, waited for Santa to appear in front of me in the locker room, knocked him out, then headed out to the back of the museum toward the river. I dropped my pistol so the guy by the boats would take it to the garden shed to put it away and knocked him out there, then headed back to where he was and the targets were there by that point watching the fireworks. I punched them both out, dragged their bodies to the river, placed the present and walked away. I set it off and blew their bodies into the water, then went back to change into my suit and walked out. I expected to have to try at least three times since you can’t save, but I didn’t fuck up once and got it all done in one go over about twenty five minutes.

2 Likes

Today I found out the targets in this mission flee in terror and enter “Target Lockdown” if they see you dressed as Santa Claus.
Really hilarious stuff :rofl:

3 Likes