Hope, South Dakota

It kinda is, though. Regardless of what you think of it, it’s still a Hitman game.

2 Likes

All subjective. It is most certainly serviceable.

I know. I would just like, for once, someone to call it a bad game on things that it actually did bad, and not things that they personally believe are bad. Like the Instinct system’s hinderances; the score system’s unreliability; the point shooting mechanic still allowing a person to be hurt while engaging it; the lighting; 47’s different look being distracting at times. These are things that objectively made the game difficult to play at times or took one out of the experience, and taken together, could present a game that had much to be desired. What’s usually focused on though is the linear gameplay (the first two games have that), the characters and their presentation (subjective preferences), or the stealth/shooting aspect (served the story), and things like that.

Yup, it indeed does. Go back and play them again and pay attention to how much of a sandbox a lot of those levels really are, how much strategizing really goes into them, and count the missions with no actual targets.

Those who don’t realize that the things Absolution did that they dislike that were also done by the earlier games are not paying attention.

What @Tetrafish_21 and @Quinn said.

well put. 20 characters

Something I’ve noticed:

The majority of people who played any of the original games (first game for me was Hitman Blood Money on PS2) generally dislike Absolution.

And the majority of people who’s first game in the series was Absolution, generally like it.

We agree on this. Doesn’t apply to me, my first one was Blood Money and there are no two games in the series more opposite than Blood Money and Absolution, but the overall trend does seem to be as you described.

1 Like

I also noticed the majority of people who’s first game in the series was Absolution (that like it) were the most vocal about the WOA trilogy going back to (for lack of a better description) Blood Money style Hitman. They wanted more Absolution style Hitman. :joy:

I’d say WoA picked over the corpse of both and gave us the best of everything. All their strengths, none of their weaknesses. All new weaknesses, to be sure, but none of the old ones I don’t think. WoA was like a game version of Cell, with the best qualities of each game that can before melded together into the “perfect” Hitman game. Or, as close to perfect as we can get right now.

(Not a word out of you, @MrOchoa! :wink:)

3 Likes

I see what you did there, you handsome devil.

There’s too little Codename 47/Silent Assassin/Contracts in there for me personal, in gameplay as in atmosphere.

1 Like

Ability of NPCs to see through 47’s disguises if matching used to get to me however everyone forgetting what he looks like as soon as everyone fully stands down unless a body is found or a crowd panics definitely makes up for it.