How to play Hitman 3 Deluxe on PS4 with PS5 Version

I got Hitman 3 Deluxe for PS5 so I’d be future-ready with the understanding I could play on PS4 but now it won’t let me play on PS4 without buying it again. Any help here would be appreciated on how to get this to work.

It doesn’t work the other way around. Every current-gen copy (PS4, Xbox One) owner may receive a free next-gen upgrade, which means they don’t have to buy the game again for the corresponding next-gen consoles, while PS5 copy owner only receive a free PS4 digital version of the game for VR functionality. The said version can only be redeemed and played on PS5.

In short, I am sorry. You can’t play the game on PS4 if the version you bought is a PS5 version.

You may check out this article for more details:

You can either play HITMAN 3 in PS VR natively on your PS4 or via backward compatibility on PS5. To make sure all PS VR owners can experience the game in VR, we’re including a free digital copy of the PS4 version of HITMAN 3 with all PS5 copies, whether you choose to buy it via disc or digital.

However, if you do wish to receive an official answer from IOI, the game developer, you may contact them via the following website as well.
https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 Likes

This is what I’m finding out but I bought it at Best Buy and they won’t exchange or refund it so now I have to buy both?

Try to sell it online for a good price and buy the PS4 version. There’s not more you can do if they deny a refund.

1 Like

Probably, unless they claimed or told you the copy is playable on PS4. Then it is their responsibility and their fault for you to buy the wrong product.

This may not work, but is just me thinking outside the box:

Redeem the PS4 code you have as this should then mark your PSN account as owning the PS4-version “DLC” that grants access to download the H3 locations. Then on PS4, download the free Starter Pack and download the “DLC” from your library - which should then unlock the locations within H3 on PS4.

Unless IO have specifically blocked this from working, there would be no reason that it wouldn’t.