Huge FPS drop in Mendoza Level

I played all levels above 60 fps in high settings until i played Mendoza. The fps dropped down to low 40-35 in most areas. Had to set down the “level of details” to Low setting to get at least 60 fps. So is this a really demanding graphical level or this level is just bad optimized that haven’t fixed yet? Seems odd for that one level to have such a big gap perfomance compare to the rest of the game.

3 Likes

It is extremely demanding. The only one I have to turn ray tracing off because it lags severely

3 Likes

yeah it’ss like so totally demanding, my computer just goes insane whenever it has to load, so yeah

2 Likes

I have a decent PC so get pretty smooth frames even on Mendoza…

Except if I’m up at the starting viewpoint. Then the FPS often tanks to a Microsoft PowerPoint slideshow, and the game feels like it could crash at any moment.

Makes the Mendoza sniper strat for Freelancer showdowns pretty spicy. Unless I turn the settings down. To be fair, I do play at like 100fps with everything on ultra (no ray tracing tho).

2 Likes

Console: 1
PC: 2020304949392010

Take that losers!

2 Likes

My Series X also drops down severely when you get to the grassy areas between the area of Don Yates mansion and the roads where his lawyer resides at the beginning of the level. Also by the silos too, I lose probably half of my normally fluid 60fps anywhere else on the level. It’s strange as this is the only area in the entire game that I’ve experienced such a drop and it has definitely been in the game for ages now. Hopefully this will get fixed eventually!

2 Likes

My old gen xbox (i really need a series X!) can heardly handle the parking lot, other than that it is fine.

2 Likes

Can confirm this also happens on my ps4, more specifically whenever i’m on the flower fields. What’s strange is that I’m pretty sure it wasn’t an issue on release but somewhere down the line (can’t remenber when exactly) this area started to lag.

2 Likes

I’m on PS4 too and have the same lag issues in the flowers. Also, Mendoza seems to lag the most for me out of any map on showdowns, especially when the suspects first spawn in

1 Like

On Mendoza, with RTX 4090 tested, RT can be left on, main issues are

1. Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling should be turned off

2. Draw distance to be reduced by dropping Level of Detail