Improving "On top of the World"

A minor thing, but I really wanted a maintenance ladder which would take you to the very top of the skyscraper’s spire. There wouldn’t really be any point to it, but it would have been nice to be at the very top of the top of the world. Maybe it could have unlocked a challenge called ‘47 gets high’.

9 Likes

So yesterday I was goofing around with killing the targets on the helipad using the gas leak and some explosives, once again lamenting the inability to blow them up on board the helicopter… Then I was sort of browsing the web and came across two guides (one from January, other one from don´t know when) which curiously mention this:

“First off, before hitting the penthouse, stop outside and eliminate the helicopter pilot either lethally or knock him out and hide the body. This will force the targets to use the parachutes when evacuating; otherwise, they will simply leave in the helicopter ad you’ll fail the mission” (Hitman 3: How to Complete The Mile High Drop Assassination Challenge | Tips | Prima Games)

“Finally, if you want to force Stuyvesant and Ingram to evacuate the building via parachute, you’ll need to get the pilot out of the way anyway.” (Hitman 3 Helicopter Key Guide: How to Complete the Rotor Ready Challenge | Hitman 3)

Not sure why this is the case, since as we all know, the targets always evacuate by parachute no matter what, but it makes me wonder whether at some point it was indeed a thing that the targets would escape by helicopter and would only go for the parachutes if the pilot wasn´t there…

@Clemens_IOI @Travis_IOI Would it be possible to ask someone from the team that worked on Dubai to find out whether this scenario was at some point present in the game (and if yes, why was it cut), and also why we don´t have the option to kill the targets with a helicopter explosion when escaping, similarly to Caruso´s seaplane? Are there any technical limitations/issues to it? Cheers.

8 Likes