IO Interactive to open THIRD studio in Barcelona

Exactly. I mean they have 3 Studios now, one will be working on Bond and one probably on Children of Planet Whatever. But the third one?
It would be a shame if dont at least port the HD Trilogy to the new Consoles…and hopefully my beloved Codename 47 too :grimacing::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s probably like that more then one studio will work on major projects, if not all three. It’s rare in the industry that a single studio is doing all of the development.

That said regarding their Sci-fi game, I’m beginning to doubt if it is ever happening, it’s been a while since we have heard anything. It happens often that projects gets cancelled and to be honest I would not be surprised if that was the case.

I don’t think we should expect to see a HD remake of C47, well at least not for consoles. That said I find it more likely if they where to tackle C47 they would do it through a complete remake, like we have seen a rising trend with. It’s something I wouldn’t mind, especially in the light of RE2 remake.

1 Like
2 Likes

Isn’t barcelona used as a tax haven?

Pretty sure it is not.

Not so former. The Founder of Big Bangs Per Second is now the Studio Head in Barcelona. They sent him on a 2-year trip :smiley:

https://es.linkedin.com/in/eduardlopezplans

5 Likes