IO supporting Doctors without borders

Pedagogue?
Pedagogy (/ˈpɛdəɡɒdʒi, -ɡoʊdʒi, -ɡɒɡi/), most commonly understood as the approach to teaching, is the theory and practice of learning, and how this process influences, and is influenced by, the social, political and psychological development of learners.

So you’re a teacher? Or is there a difference between the two?

Indeed, I work at a school.

There is, a pædagog/pedagogue can work with multiple age groups. Kindergarten, School and institutions. In the broad term it’s about child-development in their early lives. However with institutions you often work with grown-ups with mental/physical disabilities. It’s a profession with a lot of different areas of expertise.

I work in a school, so the difference between a Pedagogue and a teacher might muddy the water a bit here. Where the teacher is the one who makes sure the children learn their ABC, math and so on, a Pedagogue job is to be"the voice" of the children, I’m in the classroom, but my focus is on their well-being, guiding them and giving them the social tools they need.

Pedagogues/Pædagoger is a very Scandinavian thing, there isn’t really an equivalent in the English language. They do exist outside Scandinavia, like Germany and Netherlands. However our roles are not quite the same.

6 Likes

And in Germany it is quite the same as it is for @Norseman The difference is, that in Germany there is no distinction between pedagogues and teachers.

And for me, I’m studying pedagogy for children with disabilities, so I will become a teacher especially for them. Because their education is a bit different.

3 Likes

me too. i don’t teach though cos i’m an idiot. :smile:

3 Likes

What do you do at the school you work at? also don’t sell yourself short.

music and drama technician. there’s a little bit of informal tech teaching in the studio, but normally i’m fixing instruments, recording kid’s performances and generally supporting the directors of learning.

what do you do, chief?

5 Likes

I got into the series in 2019, having only known hitman previously from the two movies, sniper app, go and occasional gameplay videos. So I’m not very familiar with the series, especially C47.

I got C47 after the trilogy ended and the first playthrough of C47 after hitman 3 was tough. Clunky controls and confusing direction (what do I do here?) was tough to do and annoying missions and gimmicks ruined a lot of the experience for me (the password in Plutonium runs loose and running around in the Colombia levels).

But every other playthrough after that has been really fun. TOTT, Lee Hong’s assassination and Say hello to my little friend are really fun to play for some reason. Something about C47 makes me come back to it more than any other hitman game.

So as someone who didn’t play the game back when it was released I can definitely say that C47 is a fun game. It may not be for everyone but it’s something for me.

3 Likes