[IOI Blog Post] Stadia Carryover

The explosive pen was unlocked from the original run of the Undying right? It wasn’t able to be unlocked after that even in Returns, so it’s probably another case of IOI sticking to “X thing must be exclusive at all costs”

The confusing thing is Lil’ Flashy was as equally exclusive as the Explosive Pen but they made its original version obtainable a couple weeks ago instead of a reskin which they could have done. Heck, they could’ve made the Roar Flash Grenade a reskin of Lil’ Flashy last year already but they made the decision to make it proximity instead of remote.

I’m of the opinion that everything possible from 2016 and 2 should be made available in Hitman 3, so I’m all for having the normal Explosive Pen unlockable too.

3 Likes
2 Likes

True, but I think this is to Hitman 3 as what the Season 1 rewards (Aluminum Briefcase/ET Coins/Black Winter Suit) are to Hitman 2.
Unfortunately locked for the rest of time (for now) as a “early adopter” bonus.

I don’t totally agree with it either and would love to see it get readded along with the other stuff.
But this is probably what IOI’s doing again.

1 Like

Lil’ Flashy was thematic to christmas; hell it looks like a traditional toy.

The original explosive pen is very specifically technology-kronstadt based, hence the reskin to make it more applicable to where it was released as a challenge.

My best guess is that this is their solution for now. It’s functionally identical, and if I may be so bold, honestly looks much nicer than the OG pen. I have no doubt that they’ll release it later on in a more appropriately themed challenge or something, but for now, I feel like this satiates the complaint.

1 Like

And this is exactly the Stadia carryover question: I have those items on Steam but they were not available on Stadia - will I lose them when I overwrite my Steam progress with Stadia’s?

1 Like

I updated the post on the IOI site now with answers to this. Pasting here to save you a click:

“If you choose to carryover your Stadia progression, it will overwrite all existing progression on your target platform. For extra insight, if you already have existing progression (including items) on a non-Stadia platform and choose to perform the Stadia carryover process (as described in this article), you will essentially replace all of your existing non-Stadia progress with your Stadia progress, which may result in ‘losing’ some items that you cannot re-earn.”

It’s almost an identical process, so you can expect it to behave in a similar way.

This isn’t exactly the place for this, but I think that’s probable now that we don’t have the Stadia exclusive items. Time will tell.

Yes. When you carryover your progress from Stadia to Steam, you will essentially replace whatever you have on Steam with whatever you had on Stadia. Check the text above or on the new site for a more ‘formal’ explanation.

19 Likes

Okay, not ideal but thanks for the clarification!

2 Likes

But @Travis_IOI does it mean I will never be able to get the aluminum briefcase? I have it on Epic, but it was never on Stadia

3 Likes

Oh, also the pc-exclusive suit? If I understand that correctly, this will be overwritten as well :confused:

1 Like

If I get all my items, but lose the PC suit and the aluminum briefcase then I’m satisfied. I just dont wanna do the mastery grind.

2 Likes

You’ll keep the PC suit. It’ll be on your Steam/Epic account since its marked to be exclusively seen there.
I don’t think suits can be overridden like that.

The Stadia Suit, Duck, and Briefcase will be unlocked later in the year for everyone.

1 Like

Or to give an IOI-esque Answer: Part of your entitlements.

2 Likes

Could that mean we’re gonna get all of the platform exclusive suits no matter what platform we play on? :eyes:

3 Likes

Asked and answered with the very sentence that you quoted: the answer is Probably But Not Yet Confirmed.

2 Likes

I mean it does, they just choose not to allow it.

1 Like

Yeah but then for the same logic the old ET coins and the aluminium briefcase should also be given to you based on your account? Since you got them when having previous entries or actions tied to your account?

If yes, that would be awesome.
But iO said you may lose then unobtainable items, so maybe those unlocks only happen on first login or something like that and won’t be unlocked “again”.

Both is possible, that’s why I asked. @Travis_IOI , you already said we might lose items, but could you specifically tell us about the ICA Performance Coins, the alu briefcase and the PC-suit?

1 Like

(I was quite obviously being sarcastic 20 characters)

You already have; PC is the platform, Steam and EGS are launchers. Steam should NEVER be considered its own platform.

Kind of amusing in hindsight too, given the whole delisting games thing.

Generally, for other games, I agree. But since Hitman 3 on Steam and Epic don‘t share their leaderboards or user-created contracts, they are in fact different platforms.