Is Hitman worth a Netflix adaption?

Prize the technology above all things. Hitman games give mental stimulation by reward and puzzle sandbox to its players and makes them addicted, that’s how it comes alive.

Hitman itself remains superior and unique from other video games as it taps in like brain-trainer waiting for neurological instructions example how you deliver those assassinations lethal or non-lethal, testing the environment, using various paraphernalia manipulating crime scene evidence to ‘make it look as an accident’ :grin: etc. it’s how you play

You also learn world culture and languages within game which I appreciate, certain real world references.

So it’s worth a research citation aswell because the brain is most likely activated to remember from signal responses.

Thank you scat :heart:

7 Likes

I got curious on what you made. Gave it a watch, and was amazed.
Wow.
That was incredible. The cinematography is astounding man. Keep up the great work :+1:

1 Like

Keep 47 to the gaming screen. That’s his true home!!

Turning video games into films and TV series never seems to really work in my opinion.

I really want, if Hitman series ever becomes a thing, to be animated. I don’t think there is honestly any person which would successfully play the role of 47, except for Bateson himself, and I’m not sure if he would star in this role. With animation, it would be ageless, and we would not have to worry about actors.

5 Likes

Both movies made the same mistake (and I’m sure a TV series will be no different). Hitman is not an action packed, shoot 'em up style game. That’s not what you experience when playing (unless your run’s dead and you’re frustrated, lol).

It’s like trying to turn Doom into a slow, thought provoking melodrama about religion.

1 Like

In a perfect world I can imagine a series that stays as faithful to the games as possible, the entertainment would come from 47 constantly devising genius approaches to his objectives.

But it’s not a perfect world and a show so brilliant only comes along once in a while, I’d hate to see just a typical Netflix cash in on the Hitman name (like the movies did) they’d probably change 47’s race or gender too lol.

It would need some genuinely passionate minds behind it, Vince Gilligan is a good pick, or the Coen Brothers, or the guys behind the Fargo series could probably pull it off.

As someone who hates the Netflixification of syndicated Television Shows. I detest the idea of video games adapting into film and or TV since a lot issues arise in retaining its identity from the source material.

While people can argue with The Witcher in comparison to HITMAN as a series. The Witcher also first started off as a Book Series which show runners can pull from, that can’t be said about HITMAN where it’s supplementary material released after the game and is varied in quality messing up the established continuity via retcons.

I’m not saying it can’t work, but how do you make an heavily gameplay focused series that while yes does have a story it isn’t the focus in the games in comparison to its gameplay and map design. A HITMAN series biggest hurdle would be how is it gonna gain a viewership? Is it gonna be a bastardization if the Source Material for the sake of attracting the larger casual audience? Who knows really, but some things are left best on our video game Hard Drives for the sake of what’s best for the series.

I’ve seen people throwing around Vince Gilligan around here, but it needs to be known that what makes Gilligan and his work be successful is his original characters and the world building that makes said character profoundly complicated. We never rooted for Walter White, he was the bad guy in the story, he has done terrible things and in attempt to right his wrongs in the finale he has killed and threaten along the way, it’s what makes the “I liked it scene” at the end of the series one of the most memorable performances in TV History, but that’s why we love the character. While yes he had success with X-Files those successes came when it was unrelated to the overarching plot where creativity was allowed more via monsters of the week.

The simple answer is HITMAN as a TV Series ends up being a rehash of this Trilogy with Illuminati like organizations and big picture conspiracies. Or it become a revolving door of characters outside of two with 47 offing many of them per episode cause of contracts. Or worse case scenario it’s Absolution again.

I would say yes, but I want an adaptation of the goddamn games. One that is faithful to them down to the smallest possible detail. I don’t want any excuses of something not translating well from game to screen and that’s why we didn’t do it; you cannot get a more realistic game property to work with aside from GTA and Manhunt, and those would both need larger budgets than Hitman would. Each game would be a season, each mission an episode, none of them would be unable to be translated to screen in any way, and would not require a huge budget beyond placed like maybe Ort-Meyer’s lab, Dexter’s factory, GAMA, etc. Most could Ben be filmed on location, although certain Middle-Eastern and Russian locations would need some doubling for reasons of political climate changes. Otherwise, the entire Hitman series could comfortably fit in an 8 season show on Netflix, with some webisodes or shorts to account for things like 7DS and Freelancer.

1 Like

I honestly would love to see the trilogy story played out through a tv series with maybe a few of the bonus missions and campaigns being side stories the same with ET’s

https://www.thegamer.com/agent-47-voice-actor-hitman-tv-series/
Well, that does not look good for series

1 Like

The article mentions three novels, last I cheked there where only 2, enemy within and damnation. Might they be refering to the collection of comics?

Now that I think about it there was a guy on YouTube who made a series of each mission but he only did the training missions, Paris and Sapienza and then he stopped :frowning: I really wish they did all the missions bc they were really cool and it felt like a film

at least they contacted Bateson for a role in the series…that’s more than what any other Hitman film has done.

3 Likes

Considering what they were going to do with the character, I’m glad. If they’re not going to even make the effort of a direct game-to-tv translation of the series, then I don’t want them to make one. I had such huge hopes for that series when I leaned that one of the main writers of the John Wick movies wanted to make it. Then, with one single detail - 47 having hair - the entire thing was ruined before they even began production. Let it be dead unless someone can get it right.

2 Likes

You know how a Hitman movie should be? Like the Movie “The Jackal” with Bruce Willis. Highly recommend this one by the way.

1 Like

With Germans being world-famous for their amazing sense of humour, it’s hard to tell whether that’s a bait post for some world-class trolling, but if we’re living in some weird parallel universe where that’s a sincere post, then Edward Fox would like to have a quiet word with you for crapping all over Frederick Forsyth’s MASTERPIECE of a novel in The Day Of The Jackal…

2 Likes

I was gonna immediately correct you on that one, but @scat1620 already did it for me.

2 Likes

I really like that movie. I haven’t read the novel yet, but I’ll try to do so soon.

2 Likes

:+1:

Trust me, the novel (and the 1970s film adaptation of it) are absolute LEVELS above the Bruce Willis/Richard Gere loose film adaptation. As a man who’s well known for adoring the OG entry in the Hitman franchise, you will love the original Day Of The Jackal.

2 Likes