June Patch Notes (2021) | HITMAN 3

Invisible Chongqing Washers 2: Electric Boogaloo

On the bright side, it may be small but it’s nice to see them opening things up a bit with more accessibility options:

4 Likes

No, I mean that Twin did not appear in H2, but only in season 1.

4 Likes

Congrats to @Frote7 and his community for curating FC! Didn’t notice that during the stream yesterday. Was it even mentioned? Anyway: Looking forward to this batch!

4 Likes

Don’t think it was. They just said “Featured Contracts from someone else” couple of times

What is “Lotophage” mean? I googled it only said people who eat Lotus? What does eating lotus have to do with Sloth?

1 Like

The twin AND a berlin elusive target?! Christmas comes early this year I see :scream:

1 Like

It comes from the Greek mythology, the Lotophages (“lotus-eater”) were a race of people living on an island dominated by a lotus tree.
The plant caused the inhabitants, when eaten, to sleep in paceful apathy. After they ate the lotus they would forget their home and loved ones, and only long to stay with their follow lotus-eaters.

Apparently, “lotus-eater” denotes a person who spends their time in pleasure and luxury rather than dealing with practical concerns.

Source: Wikipedia

11 Likes

All correct. Except that the greek word “Lotos” isn’t exactly lotus. Biologists still aren’t really sure which fruit the greeks meant that had this effect on people.

6 Likes

PC and Xbox showing online on https://hitmanstat.us/. Looks like maintenance is done.

Cool. I still don’t know how each bar is grouped (the amount of people within 5k points?) but… okay!

Subtitle Indicator is a nice accessibility setting. I’ve seen a few more games implement that recently, that’s nice.
Still no colourblind settings or Sprint toggle, but I’m sure we’ll get there eventually!

Nice. (Hopefully it’s called a Tutorial Escalation?)

ICA Combat Ace capitalization is good. I was going to mention this issue somewhere, but I figured it wasn’t big enough to warrant a mention at this stage. Glad someone told them about it.

Explosive Device Differentiation should be good. I’ve noticed they all look extremely similar in the inventory.

More Credits! Sweet! I love how IOI announces that they update the credits for each update with new people. (I don’t check to see what’s different, but it’s nice that they seem to do it.)

Ooh. So, I assume Briefcases and concealing items, maybe?
Also updating objectives sounds is interesting. I noticed that unlocking new rewards has a new “Ba-Bing!” sound since the last update.

All glory to the Hypnotoad designers at IOI! Hopefully this is something used in every Sin from now on.

Curtain Call
We’ve resolved an issue where some characters could see through certain curtains in Berlin

Hooray! I was beginning to doubt if that was even a bug.

Paris: Showstopper
We’ve fixed an issue where the Showstopper challenge would not unlock reliably. Whilst it was possible to unlock this challenge, several factors were affecting how reliable it was and they’ve now been tweaked.

yayyyy

All in all, it looks okay. I’m not too sure what the current hot-button bugs the community are looking to be fixed, but this looks okay to me.
Hopefully that Shoulder Swap gets implemented next time. Please. It’s useful.

3 Likes

Can confirm that Lucas Grey is still MIA in Sgail after today’s patch update. :sob:

Really hoping IOI sorts this out soon, it looks so stupid with his character model missing from the boat as he and 47 motor towards the harbour. And since Sgail launched in 2018, to my knowledge this had never been broken before at least a patch or two into H3, so they must be able to narrow down the things they’ve changed so far in H3 that might cause the bug and therefore create a fix, right?

7 Likes

It seems like the new patch messed up something with the brightness / contrast of the game menus. All the missions tabs, including escalations, objectives, missions planning, etc, are flickering in some funky way.

I’m on Xbox Series X.

2 Likes

Good game everyone:

Source: https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1404817781661573137

1 Like

Anyone else having the new Featured Contracts challenges sitting at 0/50, 0/60 and 0/70?

2 Likes

Yup. Same thing on PlayStation. The challenge for 40 contracts has the correct progress, but the new ones for 50, 60 and 70 are all at zero.

1 Like

Perhaps you can complete one more FC and the trackers will get updated? My count used to be glitched to 34 before the May update, then dropped to the actual 32 after a FC completed. (You still have 5 that can be completed.)

3 Likes

Other thing: on PS, French localization: the 50, 60 and 70 challenges are all called “tier 5” and not 6, 7 or 8.

Thank you! You are indeed correct. Upon completing another FC, both the current and new challenges updated to the correct number.

3 Likes

Featured Tier 5, 6, 7…

ducky suit :eyes:

6 Likes

For some reason Lucky Paraminder in the Divine Decadence Mumbai escalation was changed to look really creepy in his target image. His skin is a pale, sickly pigment and his teeth are outside his lips. Im not joking lol it’s like a creepy pasta