Lighting Discussion

Getting VR run on a PS4 comes with downgrades here and there to get 60fps. I think that should be obvious. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Hitman VR on a 2013 console lmao, it’s like a miracle. Bethesda didn’t make it for Fallout 4 VR, and they tried according to Pete Hines. Creation Engine is an old ass thing, so not surprising :smile:

6 Likes

Low res textures in VR, that doesn’t sound like a good combination though I guess it’s better to have low res with a constant 60fps rather than high res and janky fps. If there are those that have a ps4 with a VR headset and will 100% opt to get a ps5 and VR, play non VR on ps4 and wait just a bit longer to play VR on ps5. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Didn’t they say playing the PSVR PS4 version on the PS5 would also enhance the quality a bit?

4 Likes

Most likely.

4 Likes

Spoilers ahead:

But tl;dr:

NO Bloom/Lighting settings in menus, and “that same, often excessive bloom effect, still presents itself in all the same places”.

Sapienza looks identical:

At 6:42 the godrays in Paris look even more excessive and out of place.
Really extremely disappointed by this.

15 Likes

I thought IO devs visited the forum for feedback, what things work and don’t work, what things need tweeking and what should remain as is. Guess in the end it’s for a good laugh.

6 Likes

I never play 2 without 3dMigoto. I’d have lens flare and bloom settings over elevators, dual wielding, or pc vr…
but I rarely see them brought up outside of this thread :frowning:

And please tell me we can turn THIS down

5 Likes

This is the original, that picture is edited.

74e1d2f6a63dff6d3a6bc1a9b2f9185181dc9e8c_1_690x388

11 Likes

That still looks gorgeous, and certainly way better than what we have currently

1 Like

I still don’t understand what the problem is here. They all look fine.

5 Likes

For me it was that I really enjoyed the time spent with more neutral lighting and a lack of color-grading before the GOTY lighting update. It was changed to a more saturated pallete with light color grading that I find somewhat distracting, to be more “movie-like” i guess? In addition we have, at least for me, a genuinely distracting bloom and lens flare effects which hurt my immersion. Alot of its subjective, but personally its in large part the frustration of dealing with “live service” games changing things you like with no way to revert them.

1 Like

Huh. Ok I guess. I don’t know that it’s even occurred to me to question the lighting in a game (or a movie for that matter). Then again, i can’t tell the difference between HD and 4k TVs either.

Yes that is so annoying. They obviously didn’t change anything regarding the shitty bloom. Really, really disappointing how they could think this is fine lol.

They upgraded fire and explosion effects, is there any video that shows Marrakesh? Maybe at least they got the protester smoke/flares in front of the embassy closer to H2016 again.

3 Likes

Oh, I actually prefer the edited picture. IO, make Sapienza look like that pls.

3 Likes

I think with all the discussions going on, it is not impossible that their post-launch enhancements will include new options as they did with Hitman 2. There are too many people asking for it. A simple consideration of the community managers would be appreciable even without any confirmation.

7 Likes

Do they know about those requests?
And if they do, why didn’t they implement all those options/changes in the basic game?
Those talks are ongoing not the first day/week and if they know about them what the problem to do that?

4 Likes

They read almost everything here ^^

Yeah, I don’t know. The first idea that comes to my mind is that they want to preserve their artistic / aesthetic vision, which is understandable. But giving players freedom of choice is always a good thing, something that should be considered as well. And they know how to give freedom of approach gameplay-wise :smirk:

2 Likes

I think they’ve reined in some of the bloom/glare? Can anyone post new comparisons? The Paris ground level bar would be a great place to start.

Some location spoilers for 3:

3 Likes

From what I could tell from Paris/Sapienza, seems like the lens flares were toned way down, but the bloom is about the same, maybe reduced somewhat but still overpowering in some areas, I’d have to spend more time to tell.

HITMAN 3 Sapienza

HITMAN 2 Sapienza Modded vs 3dMigoto Bloom Reduced