Lower the exp you need for sniper assassin

They are too grindy. Im at level 13 himmlstein. Completed all challenges and can get SA with around 2 million points. Yet I still need 4m for level 14, and I think its 4m per level and 8 in the lasts ones. So if I could hit reliably 2 million points per level means that I have to complete the level perfectly around 20 more times… ofc i fail sometimes, so I have to replay it much more

Make that mastery level 20 exp is at current level 15 or similar, because it just makes no sense to grind that much for almost nothing.

14 Likes

We all feel the same way. :joy:

Once you 100% the map, you should also 100% (and be done with) the rifle mastery level. Like you said, other than taking advantage of completionists, there’s zero reward for that grind.

7 Likes

Bumping this because they really need to implement it.

Add some decent rewards to make the obnoxious grind worth it (like a sniper that’s FarSight levels of broken), or just lower the XP a lot. After getting all the challenges done, you should be almost at mastery - just like with all the other levels in the game.

7 Likes

I hope they implement these three changes to the Sniper Assassin game mode:

1. Make it playable Offline.

2. Reduce the overall XP required to reach Mastery Level 20 (on ALL three maps).

3. Add an unlock to the main game for reaching Mastery Level 20 in Himmelstein and Hantu Port to make the grind worth the effort.

For Number 3, I personally would give the Sniper Assassin suit (the Absolution suit without the tie clip) for reaching Mastery Level 20 in Himmelstein, and the Druzhina 34 ICA sniper rifle for reaching Mastery Level 20 in Hantu Port.

Bonus points if unlocking the Sniper Assassin suit not only unlocks it in the main game, but also unlocks it in the wardrobe so it can be used in Freelancer.

If IOI can come up with other unlocks for the main game and make them unlockable for less than Mastery Level 20, then I would say go for it. An example of what I mean would be, let’s say, a new sniper case/briefcase for Mastery Level 15 on Himmelstein, or a new Baller pistol for Mastery Level 15 on Hantu Port (real life snipers typically have a pistol on them as backup).

Not sure what they could do for Mastery 15 on Siberia though - Maybe Agent Stone’s Sieger 300 Ice from the online co-op Siberia map in Hitman 2.

3 Likes

Now that the sniper challenge suit is a thing on Himmelstein how about hantu port and Siberia get equivalent challenges and at mastery 10 15 and 20 you unlock stone and knights snipers per map thus rounding the challenges per map to 14 feats and 14 assassinations each and also giving more incentive to grind to 20 because you would get 3 snipers ( except himmelstein because 47s sniper on that map is the ghost and that is already an unlock) have the challenge unlock for hantu port be the sniper challenge suit with that earpiece and holster from absolution and have Siberia be the absolution without the tie clip also lower the exp requirement and make them playable offline and maybe add the option to switch between 47 stone and knight

3 Likes

I agree. Sniper mode is way too much grindy and no fun at all to progress the mastery in its actual state. Must be lowered by at least 50% to be a little enjoyable.

3 Likes