March Roadmap - Moral Ambiguity (2021)

I like them, but then I am already used to seasonal limited-time content from games like Rainbow Six: Siege. It’s cool to play holiday-appropriate game modes for a kind of holiday ritual, it’s satisfying to experience something at the same time as the hard core fans who go hard as soon as the game is released, and they’re usually so gimmicky that it’s hard to imagine coming back to the limited time modes for replays. I like it the way it is.

(ETs are another story.)

I don’t think there’s a thread yet, but it’ll probably be created when we get more details as said

Hopefully this upcoming week and not the next which’d be just about the release time, lol

6 Likes

That’s cause there’s not much to say other than: “Oh. I hate it. But I guess IO doesn’t care because that’s exactly what happened last time.”

It’s a shame that they’re doing it again (and also holding back other seasonal content like the Snow Festival, Halloween escalation and Holiday Hoarders) but it must have worked in driving at least a minimal uptick in sales or active playerbase at the time they introduced it, otherwise this wouldn’t be happening.
HITMAN isn’t an MMO or Battle Royale title where items keep rotating in and out, stats get played around with and there’s an incentive to exclusive cosmetics or a ‘veteran’ status those bring. It’s really weird to time-lock unique playable missions like this, along with their cosmetic rewards for a solo game.

Elusive Targets are more palatable, since that’s the whole draw of it – only being available for a limited amount of time. But I also hope that we either get all of those targets permanently later down the line, or on a constant, shorter basis as re-runs.

9 Likes

Yeah the limited time content and having stuff for the roadmaps must be working in their opinion, or they wouldn’t do it. All we can hope is that in another year or so when active support is winding down they put everything in for the “final cut” of the game.

9 Likes

I want to hope that updates and patches will last longer than only “a year or so” considering that this is a final game of the trilogy for quite good period of time, and the game still needs tweaks, improvements, adjustments and bugfixes

11 Likes

I fear that is not the case.

Unless they ship patches longer than content.

10 Likes

Probably you are right that the Hitman 3 content will be pretty meagre over the year, given that they haven’t IOI really haven’t discussed details of the content that they will release post- Hitman 3 launch.

You advertise heavily of what will be coming to keep up the long tail of sales and interest.

IOI knows that the majority of those who purchased HItman 3 have fallen off the game because they can see who is logging on their servers at all time.

IOI won’t get a spike in cash until one of their new IPs are released such as Project 007. The next few years will be expensive because they plan to have a team bigger than what they had in the Hitman2016 launch of ~400 employees.

We also could have had some past suit unlocks as part of Elusive Targets rewards like the leaked butcher suit from Hitman: Contracts that’s been spotted on here. To be honest that’s possibly coming as part of Escalation rewards like the other nostalgia suits.

The Priest suit from Absolution would be a cool Elusive Target reward suit I guess? There’s loads of ideas IOI could use if they extended the rewards that is.

I wish we had a better final reward for the Elusive Targets rather than the ‘Casual Undercover’ suit though.

3 Likes

Definitely my hopes aswell. At least one absolution suit, no matter which, I would gladly take. The suits have been done so great so far. Id like a suit as a throwback to the game that brough me to the franchise.

1 Like

Speaking of, why don’t we have Holiday hoarders or the Snow festival unlocked? Come on IO we’ve already had to wait for them to become permanent once, why do we need to wait for them again with Hitman 3?

6 Likes

That way it can be brought back and its perceived to be new content for people that came into the trilogy at the end with HITMAN 3. It enables them to have more “new” content to roll out to these people with less work for the people still working on the game.

5 Likes

Well they did say they might work on DLC bonus missions, and this game sold great so having just a year of new stuff just seems weird to me. Plus what are their studios going to do to keep afloat while 007 is developed? That game isn’t going to come out for at least three years I don’t think.

1 Like

when December comes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

29 Likes

Agreed, I’d like them both to come back and stay permanently. Quite enjoyed playing HH… even in July :joy:

8 Likes

I fear no man, but that roadmap… it scares me.

12 Likes

Take back Tuesday to my Holiday Hoarder rant thread for HITMAN 2.

1 Like

I know we’ve got the Terminus suit from Absolution but there’s a few suit/disguises from the classic games that are part of the Deluxe Edition, so it would be nice to see Absolution get a suit as part of the Escalations rewards :grin:

4 Likes

But Im glad we got what we got, to be honest. Of course, Id love one suit that fits each location. Like the suits already fit to their escalation, I want this for all maps of the entire WoA. Would even pay for it another 30! If we also get another commentary entries for the old maps. How cool would that be!

3 Likes

I also would like to see Holiday hoarders, the Snow festival, the author and Patient Zero finally become contractible levels. I know Holiday hoarders and the snow festival aren’t that different from the standard Paris or Hokkaido, but it wouldn’t hurt allowing players that option. Admit it, we all want to kill Santa in wacky ways as a mission.

3 Likes

Just more stuff about the development of WoA is always a want. Not sure I’d pay £30 for just more little intro segments but

2 Likes