[MOD] Freelancer Variations

Just a heads up. It seems that @musicalmushr00m 's “Signature Suit mod compatibility fix for Untouchable” is incompatible with newest release of this mod (it crashes the game while loading Romania map in Freelancer).

Disabling it fixes the issue (not sure if there’s any way to make them work with each other).

3 Likes

Fixed in v1.1.1.
Update through SMF.

Special thanks to @AnthonyFuller.

1 Like

Very impressive work, on the train in particular but also in general on this mod! I only recently started using mods and regret not doing so earlier!

I had one crash to desktop on Romania but couldn’t tell if it was the afore-mentioned NPC issue. There were alerted NPCs at the time at least.

Otherwise, I only noticed a few minor visual things:

A reward crate clipping into a weapons crate

Some chains hanging in the air

The snowmobile stood upright when I initially passed it, but when I later turned back it was on its side (the exit was still working though)

1 Like

Whoops, forgot about the floating chains. Will put these on the list and see what I can do, hope you enjoyed the map otherwise

1 Like

I did indeed. I think gameplay on the train can be quite interesting, especially when you go for the optional and Prestige objectives.

2 Likes

I made sure the targets can be SA’d in at least one reasonable way. However all will not be so reasonable to do objectives like hide target bodies :flushed:

Here is @volvomodus video on the Passenger Train variant for those not on PC

6 Likes

1.7.1 - Passenger Train Mini-update

Changelog

• Added 16 vanilla NPCs I forgot about as Territory Takedown targets (Total now 60)
  • Removed floating chains near office
  • Moved bad stash in office
  • Fixed snowmobile bugging out
  • Possible fix for NPCs teleporting onto train roof? (Let me know)

No JSON update required

7 Likes

Thanks for fast update. Looks like it fixed the issue… partially.
Now I’m able to play Romania in Freelancer but not in regular Campaign :sweat_smile:
Thankfully I don’t care about main mission but it’s still weird why it works like that :thinking:

2 Likes

For those who have played, how would you rate Passenger Train as a Freelancer (Territory Takedown) location?

0 voters

1.7.2 - Peacock Fix

Fixes Peacock plugin option

3 Likes

1.7.3 - Various Fixes

Now live, no point me repeating the link above

• Romania: Can now throw bodies off the railings near Constant’s carriage
  • Romania: NPCs with duplicate IDs now fixed
  • Romania: Supplier rotated to face you Nope, he still won’t face you :confused:
  • Colorado (The Vector): Mandates hard brick in Territory Takedown, adds 7x hard NPCs as targets and 24x The Vector NPCs as targets
  • Marrakesh (The Brothers): No longer crashes!
  • Sapienza (Methlab): New male tourists no longer have female voices

I have no idea why I only added 7 NPCs from The Vector as territory takedown targets originally, when literally all 30ish NPCs in The Vector were designed to be killed with SA options [Please note some SA options may be unavailable with the presence of Freedom Fighters NPCs]

7 Likes

You are great, as always good job.

Encountered a weird thing on the train: I had a single target but two NPCs were red in instinct (sorry it’s just a photo - screenshotting while using instinct didn’t work).

Both counted as target in that I was able to get the distraction objective with NPC A and the kill objective with NPC B. A stopped being marked red after killing B and I was able to exit the mission normally after just that one kill, so it didn’t create a real issue.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, I thought I addressed the only instance of that happening but looks like not. At least now I know to look for someone in the kitchen who has a duplicate ID :thinking:

There might be more :grimacing:

This is what happens when you make 50 copies of NPCs while making a map :sweat_smile:

For anyone STILL having installation or configuration issues with this mod (Probably no one in this thread) I made a new video so people stop leaving me comments on Nexus :weary:

9 Likes

Hmm. I’ve never done the ‘Upload’ to the picker site whenever I wanted to change anything. Just downloaded a new file to overwrite the old one. I wonder if that was why I had issues? Oh well. I suppose I’ll never know.

What I always wanted to know: You have single-handedly created an awesome mod that is in no way inferior to the official game in terms of quality, and even surpasses it. Are you a professional programmer and have relevant experience in modding? It must take an incredible amount of time. I also wonder why IO Interactive has not yet approached you to officially integrate your mod into the game.

2 Likes

lol no

On the Idol variant of Sapienza, it kinda looks like NPCs (from another variant maybe - cause usually there’re no mansion guards there, right?) are spawned into the assets that block off the beach. I restarted multiple times and it was the case every time.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re from alerted brick I have, possibly another brick too that I’m unsure of :thinking:

I figured just having them off to the side out of the way was better than getting rid of the hard brick altogether :grimacing:

I’ll try narrow down if those civilians are part of the hard brick, I only know that the Caruso guards are

2 Likes

Okay, so it turns out a hard brick I use loads three NPC bricks from the beach. The beach is inaccessible to NPCs in The Icon so they go to the closest accessible point on the map which is that road down. I have now figured out a way to get rid of those NPCs without removing the hard brick from all Sapienza variants.

Will be in next update… whenever that is (Not prioritising it atm)

4 Likes