[MOD] Freelancer Variations

1.7.4 - Small Fixes

Figured five or so small fixes is enough to put out an update

Changelog

• Romania: Mechanic NPC is no longer also selected when you get a kitchen NPC as a target, Supplier MAYBE finally faces the right way?
  • Robert Knox Guard and Crest Guard no longer search map for those men, instead they will go be sad somewhere.
  • Dartmoor: Adds Wrath boxreflectioncache to night variants, to hopefully fix indoors of those maps being bright red if they’re loaded after you’ve been playing other maps
  • Sapienza: The Icon - Poorly placed buggy NPCs no longer spawn on Alerted mode, sports car exit now works properly

You do NOT need to update your JSON for this.

7 Likes

I wonder if it’s possible on future versions of your mod to include other lighting variants from the game that have been sort of lost to time. A big example to me is the original Holiday Hoarders lighting was originally fully set at night, and there was originally when Hitman 2 came out this red sky variant of the Source which looked interesting. Idk if there’s a mod for this already, maybe lighting ultimate already has it? but in terms of lighting variants I only ever see the bonus missions, special assignments and escalations talked about

Like in the mod right now? :flushed:

Not interested in red Source, looks a bit ugly, and I’m trying to avoid making variants where just the ToD is slightly different… not really worth it in my opinion

2 Likes

oh i see, i thought ur variant just made it the vanilla version of the showstopper. i suppose i havent seen a lot of youtube videos of the mods where they directly compare. is there any let’s plays using ur mods?

TheyCallHimMuse on Youtube is the only one who seems to currently stream FV playthroughs

3 Likes

Had a pair of issues when playing the Romania train:

1. I had 2 targets to take out, but 3 were highlighted (I think you’re already aware of duplicate IDs)
  2. I had a time trial prestige objective which did not stop counting down after killing two targets and subsequently failed even when I exited prior to the timer expiring.
2 Likes

And this was the latest version?
Can you remember who the targets were? Sounds like I’ve missed yet another one

2 Likes

I was on 1.7.3 - probably a false alarm.

I also recall the rotation of the loot crate in the constant’s cabin needed to be flipped 180 degrees since the interaction was facing the wall of the train (and therefore unopenable) - maybe you sorted that too.

If it was either of these NPCs then yeah it was fixed

I also rotated a container but can’t remember what one and if I bothered writing it in the changelog when I did it

1 Like

Cool, I also have this (from right this moment after updating)

The target was the mechanic who sits down in the locker room with a few locker doors you can lock pick for 2x keys and 1x disguise.

However, this woman was also considered a target and the objective finally “failed” once I shot her.

Also, while I have your attention, I’m fascinated to know where you got the guard models and voices from

2 Likes

That’s so weird, that should be the exact kitchen staff and mechanic combo I fixed :S
I’ll look into it some point again but not sure when

3 Likes

SDK 2.0 has been given an official release, meaning you no longer need a GitHub account to grab it. Anyone who’s been using 1.8 and having SDK issues, I strongly advise you to go grab it

Also I’ve now updated the variant picker website so every variant apart from vanilla ones should have a picture

No progress is being done on a mod update at the moment.

7 Likes

I encountered the same or a similar issue on the Noodle Massacre variant: Had four targets when it should have been only three. One of them, “Trystan Wilkinson” (white tuxedo), appeared twice at the rooftop party.

1 Like

Thanks, that should help me

3 Likes

1.7.5 - More Tweaks

Minor tweaks to existing variants. No SDK/JSON update required.

• Sapienza Sunset ETs: The Guru’s script now works properly, adds other The Guru NPCs as targets, adds The Congressman
  • Berlin Egg Hunt: Female staff now have correct outfit
  • Chongqing Noodle Massacre - Fixes two NPCs being selected as target when Trystan Wilkinson is picked. Converts included files to SMF-friendly format (Less ‘warnings’ during deploy)
  • Mendoza Midday ETs: Adds (7) sniper escalation NPCs, 4 are possible targets, swaps Shrine entrance for Pier entrance, removes crowd
6 Likes

1.7.6 - Crash Hotfix

I forgot to update the dependencies of the Chongqing Noodle Massacre content option in SMF, and this caused a crash in New York and for some reason also Mumbai and Miami on any game mode.

It could be averted by disabling that option in SMF, but there’s no need as it works now. Thanks to shadowofmorthal on Nexus for reporting. I’ve been playing yet somehow haven’t once gotten any of those maps lel.

No SDK/JSON update needed

1 Like

On a Hantu Port showdown I encountered a suspect on the roof with the satellite dish. He performed his tells (eating and reading) as if he was inside the shed though. Calling a meeting seemed to register (he stopped doing tells) but he could not move towards the meeting and I think the PiP did not trigger for him.

On Dubai (I think the Midday variant) I first thought the golf club was standing by itself but I assume that it is actually the golf bag that is missing :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Interesting!

Not sure what I can do about the Hantu Port one. The roof is set up to allow NPCs (for some reason) and I can’t really delete it atm, maybe someone else knows how

As for golf… I haven’t deleted the bag but maybe The Ascensionist does for some reason? But then it’s weird the club isn’t deleted… I’m going to leave it because it’s amusing :thinking:

5 Likes

Noodle Massacre option broken
For some reason the SMF option of Noodle Massacre will crash in Freelancer. However the standalone Nexus mod version of Noodle Massacre works fine with Freelancer… I don’t know why this happens and I won’t have time today to find out, but hopefully I will tomorrow

EDIT: Found issue, I forgot to copy over the ‘dependencies’ section of the freelancer-specific stuff (rooftop party). I can’t put out an update atm but if you’re desperate you can go into manifest and copy the dependencies section of “Noodle - Compatibility” and put add them to the dependencies of Noodle option

1.7.7 - Noodle Crash Fix and Train Upgrade

Changelog

• Chongqing Noodle Massacre: Fixes crash to desktop when this variant is loaded
  • Passenger Train: NPCs can now move between the office section and rest of train (Thanks to @AtomicForce ). NPCs added to Constant’s Office. There will be more work done on train in future.
  • Hawke’s Bay: Stash moved so you no longer get stuck in it when you vault over a certain wall
  • Peacock: Plugin now gives more helpful message if the JSON file is not found

No SDK/JSON update required.

4 Likes