New Add-ons (1/26/2023)

Fair enough, Freelancer is free after all.

We already saw some of this stuff in the leaked content, but the fact that it comes with cosmetics for the house is news to me. I don’t really like either style, though.

What I smell something like Payday 2…
How long before the store is filled with dozens of weapon dlcs to make new players confused?

1 Like

The store page in game looks fine with these, much better than before with the mess of access packs, lets be honest:

15 Likes

Honestly this is pretty funny to me.

After the whole “we’ve greatly simplified the DLC packaging to make it easier and clearer what to buy to get access to everything”… and day 1 there’s new paid content :laughing: oof

Seems to me like with the Dubai-themed gold weapons in Freelancer, these two packs represent Chongqing and Berlin. So there might be even more down the line for other locations…

True, but depending on how this monetization goes, it could become a problem again…
Maybe they’ll offer a full bundle option again in the future haha

12 Likes

Makeshift Horse Armor

10 Likes

made me think of unbreakable.

3 Likes

I guess that would’ve eventually crossed my mind as well, if it wasn’t for the whole black w/yellow stripe combo.

2 Likes

If they did an item pack like this for every single WoA location, I’d probably buy them all

2 Likes

8 Likes

Imo the issue before was how complicated it was to make sure you were buying the actual story and levels of the game as a fully cohesive package. This is simply cosmetic content which is pretty standard nowadays

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t mind these too much, as long as they don’t end up making a bajillion of them. A handful of distinctive ones are fine. And at $7 Canadian each, they aren’t going to break the bank.

1 Like

Something I like with these packs is they only unlock the Scrappy Sniper Rifle and Concrete Assault Rifle automatically in Freelancer after you buy them, with the other items listed as “find or purchase during missions” and there’s still an element of putting in effort to unlock them so they aren’t really “pay to win” or anything.

However, what’s weird is the images for the Makeshift Pack show a reskinned CX/Semtex Demo Block but you don’t unlock that in your main game inventory or in Freelancer as far as I could tell. The text description doesn’t reference it either. I think it’s the same as the one you could craft on Ambrose Island called the Makeshift Explosive, maybe that’s what caused the confusion.

4 Likes

Stop making me feel upset :smiling_face_with_tear:

I’ll pay whatever they want for it if they’d just offer up a goddamn Tactical Turtleneck with gloves!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty weird to get this big picture of the makeshift Explosive and finally not present in the retailed DLC.

Payday 2 also has actual cosmetics for sale as DLC’s too. Oh god…

1 Like

I’m thinking these are the “Collectable” items you can (literally) buy so you don’t lose them after a Game Over!

2 Likes

The PS5 Version page doesn’t list these add-ons, only Deluxe but if I swap to the PS4 version, it’s vice-versa (even though they’re PS4/5 Bundled).

2 Likes

I bought them both since they released for the first time (it was marked as buyable) , on EGS platform. But they are TBA now??! Come on, man. It costs me not little. And of course I get nothing.
But why Steam players CAN get all items? Making me feel like stupid.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t mind these new packs. 2 simple, 5 dollar packs with weapon skins and cosmetics for 47 and the safehouse is cool, not that bad in my opinion. And I love the aesthetic of everything in the makeshift pack, very Fallout-like.

7 Likes