New IOI Insider | September 23

Perhaps then the best thing would have been a consistent theme for FC unlockables, (possibly gold?), but for what they’ve made I would have taken Ducky or Ruby Rude as the theme, but as things are it’s fine, if a little strange. It probably bothers me most the Rude Ruby is unsilenced and the Ruby Rude is silenced.

1 Like

I like that theyre putting the suits into categories. I think tho its because themed is way overdone when they make new suits. I would like more of the other categories. Honestly the deluxe category could be made to incoude all the suits that are references to older games. But then itd take some stuff from other categories that fit better in the ones we have so thats a terrible idea

I think the biggest reason this is good is the Themed suit category was getting bloated, and adding more tabs means it’ll be simpler to see everything.

3 Likes

lol Travis doesn’t know who Hichkas is. Shame.

1 Like

I keep hearing that name but I just can’t place it… hitch? hick? I just don’t know.

1 Like

IOI Insider - TLDR/W

• Season Reveal

• Act 6: Envy - 28th September to UNKNOWN
      • “More unique gameplay inspired sin” - Travis
      • Escalation - Mendoza - The Envy Contention [3 stage]
        • The Odium Suit
        • Jaeger 7 Green Eye (Sniper)
        • The Cat’s Claw (Knife)
        • Inside the escalation:
          • You will be facing off with “The Rival” in this Escalation
          • You must be faster and kill the targets (in specific ways) before The Rival
          • Looks like you can bring a loadout? If not you’ll be in the Mendoza tux, The Rival will be wearing The Odium suit
          • Returning characters as targets: Kashmirian, Sister Lei, Derek and more!
          • The Rival’s route might not be the same every time
          • “A lot of variety in this escalation” - Travis
  • Revealed Patch Notes (Travis’ highlights)

• Return of Shoulder Swap!
      • “Something we had in the previous games”
      • It will be an option in the menu, off by default
      • V on PC and the left stick on controllers
    • Changed the mouse sensitivity with snipers on PC
    • New categories for the loadout menu
      • Deluxe and 7DS suits (Used to be bundled into the themed category)
    • Paris prompts on doors are being fixed
    • Dartmoor Garden Show FCs will now count to completion of the challenges
  • Featured Contracts

• Already live in the game
    • Let Them Eat Cake by Viv
      • Located in Dubai
      • “It was really fun to play” - Clemens
      • Good take on the Gluttony theme
    • Healthy Eating by TheChicken
      • Located in Dubai
      • “Find the apples and take out the chef”
    • I am Vegan! by Atomicgarbage
      • Located in Mendoza
      • Clemens’ favourite
      • Plays on the dialogue in the game
    • 60 Completed Featured Contracts Unlock
      • Hackl Sniper Rifle Covert Ducky Edition
    • Community FCs in the season of Envy
      • 3 developers have been lined up to choose one each
      • They will talk about why they picked the contract to be featured
      • Thread will be up a bit sooner than usual, but will run for the same amount of time (about a week)
  • Community Q&A

• This time we had a questions thread picked in priority order

• Q: How is your day?

• A: Clemens: Pretty good until the camera broke

• Q: What did you have for Breakfast?

• A: Clemens: didn’t eat breakfast

• Q: Is there plans to use Carpathian Mountains more?

• A: Good question, but by it’s nature it’s pretty linear, as always it’s being discussed

• Q: Contracts Mode Update?

• A: On the table, nothing immediately on the horizon

• Q: Modding Policy

• A: Many considerations and discussing it with different departments, nothing new. They see people doing it, not inheriently against modding. Looking at whether is should be review with what players are doing.

• Q: How many people are working on Hitman 3 Live content?

• A: Very rarely share exact number on how many are working on projects. They said positions in the stream (will get timestamp later). More people working on H3 now than there was a few months ago.

• Q: What happens after 7DS?

• A: That time hasn’t come yet. They’re still doing it, focusing on that. They will start talking about what’s next after 7DS has finished. There are plans.

• Q: Content in maps on previous games (Said in interview)

• A: That was the plan, but they have changed. It might go somewhere, it might now.

• Q: Elusive Target Formula

• A: Ongoing discussions, looked at changing it and ended up not making those changes at launch. “Stay tuned”

• Q: What happens when the EGS exclusivity ends?

• A: 12 months of exclusivity after launch. They will have announcements at that point in time.

• Q: Full roadmap

• A: Tuesday 28th of September

• Q: Do you two work on content?

• A: No, not really. They work in the Marketing Department primarily. They put content infront of the team that they see on social media. Constantly watching the forum and social media (Twitter, Reddit etc) on what’s going on. Every Thursday they have meetings with the live team on what’s coming up.

• Q: The Envy Trailer related games

• A: The chair is no longer green like the trailer, it’s a different colour. They changed it after but did not have time to re-record it.

• Q: Any new sniper assassin missions?

• A: No I don’t think so. Not that Travis knows of, no plans.

• Q: Any comments on 2016’s release on GOG?

• A: They’re having conversations with internal teams and GOG. There will probably be comments to come as and when they have it.

• Q: Promote fan made websites?

• A: Absolutely. Proud to have an active community. Examples: HITMAPS.com, hitmanstat.us, several other communities such as the speedrunning community.

• Q: Is Wrath done?

• A: It’s very nearly done. Content production takes a while, needs time for QA and bug testing.

• Q: What does the future of Hitman 3 look like:

• A: “Pretty good” - Travis

• Other Info

• Some unlocks here, some surprises on the roadmap next Tuesday
    • Tuesday, 28th of September is the update day with roadmap and patch notes
      • There is a patch on all platforms!
      • No specific end time to maintenence
      • Usual times for this
    • Hitman 3 Live team have been working on the 7DS
    • “Unlock packed roadmap”
    • Another mid-season IOI Insider Extra stream
38 Likes

I expected the GOG response, and honestly? That’s a fair position to take. It’s a pretty new development, and I’d rather they think about what they say before committing to a plan

3 Likes

Thanks for this great recap, didn’t have the time to watch the stream

2 Likes

I had the same reaction to my question. I want to know what happens after the 1 year exclusive period ends but I understand why they can’t say much yet.

1 Like

My predictions for the unlocks they didn’t reveal:
Tactical Gear with Hunter’s Hat for Colorado ET
Tactical Wetsuit for playing The Mills Reverie
Bat Shuriken for beating The Mills Reverie

5 Likes

Congratulations to @Viv, @TheChicken, and @Atomicgarbage for the featured contracts !

Envy seems to be very promising. Happy that I got the green filter right. I really like the aesthetic they went for.
I’m already wary of the inevitable meme about “we have 47 at home”, but can’t wait for the references to a failed clone.

Honestly it’s a bold mechanic to introduce for a dlc. I imagine it is not easy to implement. Especially after what they said about the difficulty of the Diana ally AI.

I will secretly always assume that there is no AI but a poor employee at IOI taking remote command of the rival ala deathloop, and that’s why the escalation is online only.

I still reserve the kudos for the release, but in the meantime i can still give a nod of respect to the team.

nod of respect
I’m glad all the rest of my predictions were false, they presented much better.

If the escalation is as promising as it seems, it might become one of my usual “replay to kill time”, like Lust already is.

Finally, it was just a pleasant stream to watch. Quite a lot was talked about. And I’m more confident about at least the end of the first year because of it.

(I just realised we should have asked if the restrictions/limits posed by covid on their capacities as a studio are now behind them, I imagine they were not easy to work with)

47 is not impressed

10 Likes

We’re more looking at using existing locations and reimagining them, twisting them. And this time around, we can use the whole trilogy. We can look back at Hitman 2016 maps, Hitman 2 maps - we have all the locations
I think for now we are not looking at new maps like the bank and the island.
~Forest Swartout Large | TheGamer.com JAN 29, 2021

Looks like the management had no clear idea about Hitman 3’s live roadmap, they are probably torn because of the production of their other projects, but still need to keep the “Hitman 3 Live” project alive for some reasons. I hope for more informations soon on the future content.

1 Like

According to this, they have taken my first question, but didn’t take the second.
Shame. But thanks for the ET formula update, if I might say so

1 Like

I imagine they’re hesitant of releasing content for older maps for two reasons I can think of: 1) People asking why the content isn’t accessible in older games if the maps are there too, and 2) The confusing nature of the Access Pass system for uninformed/new people looking to get all the content in H3 for the first time.

If they ever release a World of Assassination Trilogy and support it for some time as well, that may make for an easier pitch for a Patient Zero like side campaign across three game’s worth of maps.

Anyway, good Insider and I’m looking forward to the Roadmap.

6 Likes

@DrMekar Can you say who the rival in the envy trailer is? Is it a new NPC face?

3 Likes

He does look like one of the bodyguards or one of the biker face, isn’t ?

And because I just saw some comments on youtube about the suit being “just a reskin of the Smart Casual Suit”, I wish to point out that the suit is a normal jacket and hoodie. And quite stylish.

Screenshot 2021-09-23 18.12.55 Screenshot 2021-09-23 18.12.36 Screenshot 2021-09-23 18.11.49

I expecthe The Cat’s Claw to be like the Black Almond’s dagger but with either emetic or sedative poison instead.

4 Likes

Nope, that’s Arthur or head_caucasian_30s_02 :wink:

4 Likes

Arthur Edwards?

I haven’t watched the stream or the Envy trailer yet, but this style gives me very heavy The Matrix vibes.

Green filter,
Digital-style design for the suit,
A hoodie, signature hacker attire,
And the sunglasses!

Did someone in the design room watch the movie recently? :laughing:

2 Likes