New Orleans, THE MURDER OF CROWS (Mission #5) - Discussion Thread

I have a French version of Hitman BM on PS4. Raymond and Angelina mainly make sexual allusions. I don’t recall all of them but it comes to my mind this sample: “I’d like to see what you get underneath your feathers” or something like that.

5 Likes

Angelina also says Stuff like “I’m in the alleyway behind the Bookstore” or wherever shes walking at the moment, and i think Raymond also says once his location - he isnt visible on the map on higher difficulties, only when you pick up the Walkie-talkie.

7 Likes

Best part of this particular mission is the costume-themed bars and dancefloors. I spend half of many of my missions dancing and listening to music. 47 doesn’t drink but that’s okay I can drink for the both of us. Dancing with a female dance partner definitely good; dancing between two is even better. Of course sometimes I get carried away and do the “headbutt tango” which doesn’t impress my dance partner at all…not to mention causing everyone else to start panicking and for the police showing up to arrest…no…execute me.

3 Likes

The Murders of Crows is in my personal opinion one of the best missions in the franchise. Would love to see a remake of that mission in the style of the WoA Missions.

Did you know that Angelina will attack 47 if he’s wearing Raymond’s costume? The best part is that all the cops are just standing by idle while this woman pulls out a gun and fires at someone in the middle of a crowd but when 47 pulls out his weapons, they immediately pump him full of lead. Hitman NPC A.I. at its finest. :grin:

6 Likes

This has to be my favourite level in blood money, the atmosphere and how the whole mission is structured is great.
But am I the only one who has some issues with the steam version? I’m not hearing any dialogue with the walkie talkie (which give a lot of personality to the characters).

3 Likes

Checked that today:

• On PS4, no issue. There are regular dialogues between the two lovers with the walkie talkie.
  • On PC (Steam), I’ve got nothing. No sound from the walkie talkie.

Sound like a specific bug for PC version.

4 Likes

1 Like

I am on PS4 and I can’t hear the radio chatter between them :disappointed:

1 Like

In terms of level design I really love it, I enjoy the vibe and atmosphere of a parade going on in New Orleans with a lot of people basically taking up every inch of the road. I also really like the details of the hotels, bars, and alleyways.

Now for the things I don’t really love is the RNG elements of what path of the delivery bird takes and which building Raymond is in. I get they wanted to experiment with this level since we don’t know where 2 of the 3 assassins are but I feel like it breaks the flow of the rest of the levels where every other target has a set path and area they’re in that you can manipulate however you want.
Also I really don’t get the restrictions of the police not letting you in any of the bars while wearing your suit with the reason being, “No costume, no entry”, which really makes zero sense because 1. Nobody in any of the bars isn’t even wearing a costume and 2. Even when you do come back with any of the bird costumes they’ll still refuse to let you in with the same reason, which basically means you either have to get a waiter outfit or you have to sneakily enter in from the back which if you do that nobody bats an eye or asks you to leave when you enter where everyone is dancing and drinking.

Overall the level in fine and pretty ok to play through it.

It’s unfortunately somewhat misleading wording. The thing is, they actually do wear “costumes”, but they don’t really look like what we imagine as actual costumes. The male NPCs wear casual-like clothes with a music-themed hat (plus necklace and sunglasses iirc?) unique to each bar, and you can change your disguise into those, which will grant you entry. That’s what the guards mean by “costume”.

Other than that, yeah, it’s either waiter outfit, sneaking in (easier in one bar than the other), or a cop uniform. Seeing as the two disguises are easy to acquire, it’s not a big deal really.

1 Like

Oh shit I don’t even know you could wear their outfits! I guess in the future if I see one of them alone in the alleyway they could actually prove to be useful instead of an annoyance.

1 Like

I don’t recall if all of the clubs, but definitely in some there is the regular “need-to-go-relieve-myself-in-the-alleyway” NPC.

1 Like

Oh yeah all of the clubs have one of them going in the back.

I think Raymonds location is hinted by the background music in his Walkie Talkie ? I remember reading that somewhere but I never tested it.