No way near enough suits to unlock through normal play

Yeah but I want gloves. You’re referring to the one we all start with ? Which doesn’t have gloves ?

I also think its utter bullshit we don’t keep the themed suits you start levels with.

So, basically the analogies I’m getting at from this thread is there’s x-amount of people that want to unlock as many suits as they can and x-amount of people that don’t want to simply because they take too much time to or they don’t care about it; overall pretty half-in-half in both parties.

That’s at least what I’m getting at from the OP - which to me there are already tons of suits, but the simplistic value of them overrules the quality of escalations/elusive targets etc. Personally I like unlocking suits the same way one likes admiring a collection or memorabilia - I’m not selecting every suit I can for every loadout, but it’s nice to look at.

What I want to ask is - how much effort is one going to go for to unlock specifically suits? What other goals are there to an elusive target or escalation that makes unlocking a suit redundant?

1 Like

Well rite now I’m grinding escalations purely to have one other suit to wear, you say there’s loads but I’m sat here like, no theres sweet fuck all, I don’t like silly outfits I like the iconic hitman suits, I really want the cashmere, and from what someone told me that cashmere was a previous escalationvso others would of got it easily, but I’m just great full they put them in the game for those of us that missed them. On the other hand I don’t appreciate the grind to get it. 15 escalations with 5 levels. Some of them are friking annoying.

Anyways I love the classic all black suit, but that requires me to pretty much finish the entire trilogy getting saso on every level, which means I’ll pretty much be done with the damn game at that point so it’ll be useless, unless you can grind saso some other ways ? Does dlc maps count as saso or featured contracts ? Need 17, 6 maps each game , that’s basicly every level in the trilogy

Well I’ve done 3 so need 14 more

Not the default one, but the “Classic All Black Suit” which has gloves and is unlocked after completing the Silent Assasin, Suit Only x 17 challenge.ClassicAllBlackSuit2021

Edit: Just saw your above post. But yes, this is the one I was referring to.

1 Like

Yeah loving it but still gonna complain because you have to get saso on every map in he trilogy meaning ill be done with it by that time, never get to use it man. Lol.

Only main missions count don’t they, so 18 missions in trilogy that means saso every damn one.

New York and Haven Island both count towards it, so technically 20, but I’d consider the grind worth it considering it’s probably one of the nicest suits, and then you’ll have it for replays.

2 Likes

I’ve got to have that cashmere, man that suits so damn nice, its taking me ages to do though. I’ve done like 3 so far.

Finishing each map silent assassin, suit only doesn’t necessarily mean you have nothing left to do on the map. Most of the maps have enough challenges and other feats to do that they’re still re-playable even after you finish the silent assassin, suit only piece.

It will be for me, ill of done all I wanted to do by then

Are you saying that you’ve done everything except finish each map suit only and silent assassin or that you aren’t interested in doing the other things once you’ve gotten that challenge done?

I’ve been watching the comments on this for a while, but I have to say, while the notion of grinding is true (it disheartens me that I’m going to have to do 40 contracts to get the phantom suit when I’ve already done over 30 previously on H1&2 and the counter has just reset for H3) I hate the attitude of expecting a load of suits you want for practically no effort. You want a suit, then you’ll have to earn it. The black suits you want, prepare to do SASO on 17 of the maps. It’s not that awful; you’d have to have done it all on Master Mode previously to get it all, which IMO is worse because of the save restriction.

Just save a lot, it’s not that hard as you have unlimited saves, and SASO isn’t really some sort of endgame; I’ve gotten it on some of my first mission playthroughs (namely End Of An Era and Untouchable)

3 Likes

If you want a fairly easy suit to earn, try for the Imperial Classic suit. No grinding required.

Just play the Divine Descendance escalation in Mumbai. Seems IO forgot to remove that from the original rewards section.

1 Like

I didn’t say i want it to be easy just not a grind. I like earning things.

I don’t do saso runs till I’ve done every challenge, mastery 20. Therefore yes I’ll be done with the game by then. The suit will be worthless , its like how some developers give you the most awesome looking armour at the fucking end. So dumb.

Oh shit really ? The imperial classic, the grey one with just wastecoat ? And grey pants ?

Yes, the Mumbai suit.

Pretty sure it’s still there, even after the latest patch.

1 Like

Not wanting to undermine your playstyle, but if you leave the SASO runs to the very end and then the suit is worthless because you’re done, then that is ultimately on you; you can’t blame the devs for your own decision. The one thing I do kind of like about Hitman is that these things aren’t really locked off. You could arguably do SASO runs as your very first plan, albeit its a bit harder to do from Mastery 0.
But you do you, it’s just a bit unfair to claim it’s only an unlock at the end of the game and therefore useless

3 Likes

Yes saso is best done with mastery 20. Thats by design, So yes it will be the end for alot of people. YOU don’t speak for everyone and developers constantly give rewards when all the contents done. Therefore a lot of people won’t use it.

And no its not on me its there design choice.

I’ve already grinded the 15 escalations and got the cashmere. So there goes you’re assumption I want everything to be easy, I simply wanted at least another suit to wear early on.

I know I don’t speak for everyone, nor did I ever claim to. But at the same time, you also don’t speak for everyone when you claim SASO is best done at mastery 20; far from it as otherwise there’d be no use in the mastery XP from those challenges. There’s literally no design choice that says “do SASO last”

IO are still putting out content to avoid people unlocking what you perceive as endgame rewards and then having nothing to do with it. I already agreed with you about the grind can be tedious, but I’ve not once stated an assumption that you want it to be ‘easy’; just that suits need to be earned, as many as seen as a symbol of accomplishment for a feat

4 Likes

No worries its cool, didnt mean to be a dick there, but yeah its just a lot of people will just complete the story and move on, I defiantly do love doing something difficult and getting an awesome reward, but I hate grinding, well I don’t mind a little grind, specially if its designed to be fun but most arnt there tedious. But yeah I think only hardcore players will be playing this game like its an ongoing mmo.

For me there’s no such thing as an endgame and I hate the phrase, end game to me means the games ended time to move on. I don’t enjoy doing the same shit over and over. Endgame content is usually pretty shit. Not worth it for me.

You bought a 60+ euro game to not play it, but to unlock suits?

Didn’t realise how old this thread was, :handshake:

1 Like