Nolan Cassidy suit only, no knockout, no load-out, no exploits

Still not sure how that handles the other two guards who are near the fumigation machine (one is staring right at it while the other walks back and forth in front of it).

1. From the default starting location, get a wrench from Cassidy’s garage.
  2. Get the car battery in the Wilsons’ garage.
  3. Go to the fire hydrant in front of the Wilsons’ house that is closest to the house garage (not the one closest to the house porch further down the street).
  4. Spark/Throw the car battery in the center of the side walk in front of the fire hydrant while avoiding the notice of nearby NPCs.
  5. Wait for Cassidy and his guard to approach and to then stop and turn toward the house (with their backs to you) to comment on the Wilsons’ barbecue cookout.
  6. Unscrew (while crouching for added stealth) the fire hydrant from the side opposite of the sidewalk (i.e., from the street side in-between the two nearby parked cars while standing in the immediate grass; so as to not electrocute yourself or be spotted by Cassidy’s guard) and teach Cassidy the electric slide.

EDIT: Completely missed the “no load-out” part. Edited to accommodate the in-level car battery.

2 Likes

For 1, I don’t recall you mentioning Master Mode, but I assumed by ^this reply.

I just tried it. You can enter the garage, disabling the security cameras is just a matter of timing, and the guards outside by the fumigator - I only really had to deal with one, and that was getting the yellow noticed meter almost full and jumping the fence by the bush you can hide in anyway. That guard then went around the fence to see where I went. I had a bit of time for Cassidy to get back to the house, so I got the newspaper and buried cigar box in the meantime.

So yeah. It’s totally doable. You just need a little patience and timing.

I’ve saved, and am about to see if I can get Janus SONKO.

FWIW: you mentioned “no exploits” but I’m not sure if you consider the “peek-a-boo” method an exploit. I’d hope not.

Edit: I went with the Cig pack and wrench on the O2 tank. His bodyguard was collateral damage. A safer method would’ve been with Poison from Mrs. West’s basement (opened via crowbar). But the clues weren’t counting. The phonograph story and microfilm weren’t “hard evidence” or w/e. It only took after I got the letter about Zoie.

1 Like

Get wrench from garage, then battery from the other garage. Then as Nolan is going into the sidewalk, mess with the fire hidrant before he’s past the mailbox. Throw the battery on the puddle

7 Likes

Nice optimization and a video demonstration too. I wouldn’t have figured Cassidy would be the one alerted to the same fire hydrant from that distance over other nearby NPCs.

1 Like

My strategy:
pick up the political propoganda poster from the politician assistant, and put it to Cassidy’s mail box. Then open the power machine in Cassidy’s garage to interrupt the dialogue between Nolan and Spencer, causing Nolan to leave the house immediately. When Nolan goes to the mailbox to pick up the poster, there is a short time that he will look at the garage, where you can attract him by exposing yourself. Remember to close the garage door to stop his bodyguard from following behind. The body guard will have to go across the house to get in the garage, giving you enough time to kill Nolan and hide his body. All of these cost no longer than 2 minutes.
A video can be seen here, I finished the entire mission under those rules.
PS: throwing an extinguisher is not essential, this method is a little random that may not work every time.

1 Like

Yeah I tried a similar strategy, putting another muffin poisoned with emetical rat poison in the house for sale, making Nolan’s body guard sick and go throwing up. And when Nolan and the estate manager are going to the basement, I intentionally exposed myself to Nolan ( I don’t know how you call it in English, in Chinese we call it “flesh attraction”, which means let the target see 47 and get out of their eyesight before the yellow strip goes full, causing the target to come to 47’s place to investigate.) So I did this trick, making Nolan a few steps slower than the manager, giving me time to kill him without being spotted by the manager. Then I hid his body upstair in the crime scene room. (need a crowbar to open the door but as it cost a long time to wait for the manager I think there’s enough time to collect every thing needed)

1 Like

That’s a good question on exploits. I think, for me, an exploit is using the logic of the game in a way that goes counter to how I think the developers intended (yet they haven’t patched out for whatever reason). These are all my opinion, obviously, and should not be taken as me telling any other player how to play. You all do you. :slight_smile:

• Shooting a wall two or three times to panic people or make them completely ignore you is an exploit I don’t like to use.
  • Putting down a gun and then picking it up so an NPC follows you anywhere is an exploit I don’t like to use.
  • I don’t like the “fart briefcase” - but only because I think that 47 should be just as affected if he’s carrying it and he isn’t at all. Beyond that it’s fine but I only use it if I can put the briefcase somewhere and detonate it remotely.
  • I don’t like the way you can put a briefcase on the floor, get frisked, and then pick it up again so I prefer not to do that.

The peek-a-boo thing I’m up in the air on. On the one hand, it’s somewhat realistic for someone to grow more and more suspicious, but I’m not good at the timing on it so I don’t use it very much.

That’s all just me though. I think most of the videos I see are very clever and quite well done. Very interesting strategies for sure!

4 Likes

I discovered this method 1 year ago on Master Difficulty. Pretty sure it was never done before as it took so long to set up.

In the video:

Mission: Another Life
Master Difficulty
Staring Location: Default
Target #1: Janus
Target #2: Nolan Cassidy
No HUD
No Evidence Destroyed
No Cameras Destroyed
No Subdue
No Instinct Used
No Distractions Of Any Kind
No Muffins Used
No Coins Used
No Explosions
No Glitches
No Exploits
No Disguise Change
No Poisons Used
No Emetic Syringes Used
No Items Thrown
No Bumping Into NPC’s
No Weapon Drops
No Peek-A-Boo Distractions To Lure Targets
No KO
No Alarms
No Alerts
No Lockdowns
No Suspicions
No Save
No Loadout
Neck Snap Kill & Electrocution
Eliminate Janus
Eliminate Nolan Cassidy
Body Hidden
100% Stealth
Never Spotted Once
Suit Only
5 Star Silent Assassin Rating
4K60 FPS

How the method works:

Brand New method with No Loadout/No KO/No Muffin Used/No Peek-A-Boo Distraction To Lure Target(s) into a certain position. PIP (Picture In Picture) was left on & never once did it come up on the screen “Distraction Investigated”

The Political Flyer is used to trigger the conversation between Nolan Cassidy & Blake. This creates the opportunity to kill Nolan Cassidy by Electrocution. Blake will do a full door to door on the whole block to every house looking for his voting nomination. When Blake is on the way back to his tent, put the political flyer in Cassidy’s mail box, which triggers this event & it does not count as a distraction as the Mail Man is delivering mail, newspapers in the area, plus Blake is handing out Political Flyers.

Get all the clues & kill both targets with ease. You can Neck Snap Janus as he enters his room (use the door as cover, then close it immediately) & his Personal Body guard won’t even know what happened to him :slightly_smiling_face:

Agent 47 out :smirk:

Hope this helps :+1:

4 Likes

Just slap an micro taser in his mailbox and let it go off

1 Like

Is there a micro-taser on the map? I don’t remember ever seeing one in Whittleton Creek.

2 Likes

I didnt read the title properly, there is a normal taser on the map iirc but i dont think that works, i think a better sonko no loadout way go get him is to lure him into the garage with a well placed coin throw when his guard is busy with a weapon

1 Like

I’ve taken the weapons available from the mission… Shoot the car in the garage to make it leak, put a car bomb on the front right wheel (out of sight), and place a gun on the cardboard box…

When Cassidy comes back he’ll see the gun and have his bodyguard get it while he stays at the back of the car. Then just detonate the bomb with no collateral damage.

Edit: There should be a petition to IOI to have them put a measuring tape somewhere in Mrs. West’s house. It was introduced in H2 and was available in Mumbai in the tailors (area), so I think it’d only make sense that one is in Mrs. West’s house.

Heck! If we’re going that route, maybe even have a stethoscope on that physical therapist that is supposed to tend to Janus. :hushed:

Sorry to do this… @Clemens_IOI if you see this, could you pass it along to the appropriate persons/dept.? :smiling_face: Thanks!

4 Likes

Those are both great points. West should absolutely have a measuring tape given she is clearly sewing. Heck, I have two within arms reach of me right now. Stethoscope for the nurse is also appropriate given he’s there to actually do a physical exam.

I have really enjoyed reading all of the ideas here. Even the ones that didn’t quite fit my initial criteria have all been great, especially given the age of the map. Whittleton isn’t exactly new material, yet there’s still a lot that I have learned here. Maybe I’ll start threads on the other targets too if I have time.

3 Likes

No, micro-teaser is a unique item made into the game in H3 (Berlin master level) , so clearly it won’t be able to be seen in H1&2 maps

They need to make it so putting an item down while seeing a frisk prompt counts as throwing/dropping it. Furthermore they need to make it so you can go ahead with a frisk regardless on professional and have walking away be illegal on master.

I try to avoid statements like “they need to” since really, they don’t Need to do anything. I do share the sentiment though. Frisking would be better if it was based on difficulty.
At Casual, sure, let me put my briefcase down or just throw it over the heads of the friskers. Whatever.
At professional, let’s get rid of the briefcase hacks and force the player to actually be frisked - briefcase included.
And yes, at Master, you approach a frisk point, you get frisked. No backtracking to hide the guns.