Official Death Thread

Daaamn… that’s terrible. He was a really memorable actor.

(I first knew him as the co-bad guy in Remedy’s Quantum Break haha. Maybe not the most quality acting gig, but I remember it!)

8 Likes

Noooo! He was awesome in all his roles, but especially as Charon!

6 Likes

he was incredible in the wire. i’m gutted.

12 Likes

This is saddening, Lance was damn good at his job. I am going to miss Sylens in Horizon, I wonder what Guerrilla is going to do now?

6 Likes

The Wire seemed to have so many acting Titans on the show and it gave them all a chance to shine as well. RIP to a real one.

8 Likes

I’ll always remember him as Broyles in Fringe.

5 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

A great person was lost today :frowning:

3 Likes
6 Likes

In case you thought Watson posted this as a response; Ryuichi Sakamoto, the Japanese electronica artist known for his work in Yellow Magic Orchestra and for his body of solo cinematic scores (among other projects) fell victim to cancer.

11 Likes

Seymour Stein died at 80. He was a visionary. He showed what it means to keep an open mind musicaly. He gave first contracts to Talking Heads, Ramones, Madonna and signed Depeche Mode, The Smiths, The Cure, Echo & the Bunnymen, BodyCount, Ice T and a lot more to his label Sire.

(made the obit free with my account so everyone can read it through this link)

7 Likes

Ferencz documented evidence at newly liberated concentration camps, prosecuted and convicted Nazi officers, advocated for the establishment of an international criminal court and spent every bit of his life fighting for “law not war”.

13 Likes

Al Jaffee, of Mad Magazine has passed away.

11 Likes

Absolute legend.

15 Likes

Had a re-listen to Jamaica Farewell and was immediately met with memories of the sombre late-game hospital levels of the Wii game Rabbids Go Home. Brings a lot of nostalgia and fond memories of playing through what was probably one of the first games I played a lot of. Rest in peace :heart:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch4ckcyjzKE

10 Likes

I have a VHS with 5 year old me me riding a camel on one of the canary islands. Everyone of the traveling group got such a video. They put Day-O on that scene and I love it. :joy: I learned from him this way.

Every now and then I listened to some of his music. He always seemed cheerful and used his influence to do good things (as far I can tell). RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBOohuZlAiM

9 Likes
15 Likes

Not to make light of it, but with Jerry gone and Tucker fired, white trash television is taking a serious hit this week.

Tucker Carlson got fired?