Patient Zero Featured Contracts 3/17

There was one before, no idea what happenned to it

Sort of. In my own playthroughs, because of the way that I did the missions originally I guess, I didn’t kill Jeff in Bangkok during The Source. He isn’t a target in that level and there’s no reason to kill him other than A) someone created a contract for it, or B) you just want to. When I did the first Featured Contract, Jeff was there as expected because I hadn’t killed him previously in the Source map.

Then, when I did the next contract (which takes place in the Source map) I killed Jeff because he is one of the targets. On a subsequent load of the Author map, Jeff was not there (predictably - because I’d killed him).

The only criteria for Jeff being in The Author is not having died in The Source. If you already killed him in The Source, then yeah, you have to play through that map without killing Jeff. Otherwise, he should already be there because you hadn’t previously killed him.

If you do the Featured Contract that takes place in The Source map before you do the one that takes place in The Author map, Jeff will not be there - because you will have killed him previously.

4 Likes

fear not, if you accidentally run over that tourist in the road (the one who is taking selfies near the tunnel), it may look like it counts against you but it doesn’t. :+1: gave me a heart attack seeing 47 knock him over lol

7 Likes

I love Sapienza at night but by GOD the lighting in these games!

Cult Classic was cool. On to the next.

1 Like

I just tested this, and indeed you are right. You will fail “Targets Only” and you will not get a check on Jeff’s “eliminate using any method”. You will get 4 stars but will however retain silent assassin. Quirky!

1 Like

nearly done with these contracts and I think they’re my favorite featured contracts ever, just a whole lot of fun and the spooky ambiance is wonderful.

more starting locations would be useful though. I can see why they wouldn’t want that in the campaign version because of Patient Zero’s specific narrative. but contracts are about creating your own mission/story so i feel like they could add more here.

5 Likes
4 Likes