People on steam complaining about the price

They said they made back the entire budget of Hitman 3 the first week of sales, so that’s not the issue.

1 Like

Now steam H3 sale has been end.All these things are just like a…storm? :joy:

1 Like

Rightfully so. It’s honestly fairly ridiculous it didn’t launch with the current 40% discount. Game would have sold a lot better.

1 Like

That you don’t know. But it sure would’ve had less of a shitstorm. Live and learn I guess. They either risked it or it was a thoughtless mistake done by a new addition to the team not taking into account the passion but also frugality of (Steam) users. It needs to be realized they already were owners of H1 and H2.
I also don’t agree that Steam should’ve received a discount. It’s a product on two different platforms. We haven’t had two big launchers before and a product series being split like that. This is pretty unprecedented.

Meh. It clearly sold well enough without a discount, otherwise it would have happened sooner so IO would’ve just been giving up money for no real reason.

Makes business sense to keep it at full price if sales are still meeting their sales goals.

You’re clearly wrong, as it got a discount exactly one month after. It was absolutely pointless to launch it on Steam at full price after a year to do this after.

@thrison No, because it literally couldn’t happen sooner. You can’t discount a game from its original release price for 28 days. IOI literally put it for a discount as soon as they were allowed, proving exactly that. And you can see clearly that full prices sales were low because thanks to the 40% discount the game got a new concurrent user record despite the hype of a new launch being gone.

It should be. Most players are waiting for a suitable discount to buy the game. Of course, if you ask why they didn’t buy it on EGS last year? As an EGS player, I can tell you that EGS is too difficult to use. :face_exhaling:

I don’t understand this argument. I’ve seen several people say that Steam is easier to use or the EGS is too confusing. It seems perfectly intuitive and easy for me. What is so difficult about EGS that it drives players away?

1 Like

I think it boils down to people not wanting multiple launchers to manage on their PCs.

Unfortunately this reinforces the grip Steam has on PC, but it isn’t like Steam is going away any time soon.

1 Like

At present, EGS is not easy to use: there is no perfect social system and no personal data system and no communities. In addition, but not too important, HITMAN’s previous work is basically not on the EGS platform.It is not friendly to some players who do not want to cross platform but want to complete the collection of HITMAN works.As for the first two points, EGS has given the progress on the road map of Trello website(trello.com).But they have said before that they will not launch community or creative workshop functions similar to steam.

Add: you can’t easily download / install in EGS. For example, you only want to play the maps of Chongqing and Dubai, but you must download the whole game on EGS (only if you haven’t downloaded the game before). On steam, you can be more convenient. Before downloading, you can check which DLCs you need to download instead of downloading them all.

If you’ll indulge me then, let me take what you said and respond to it.

“At present, EGS is not easy to use: there is no perfect social system and no personal data system and no communities.”

These are features that have no bearing on whether EGS is easy to use or not. Social features are not “ease of use” features. Unless you mean “EGS isn’t easy to socialize within”, you’re pointing out functionality that you think it lacks, not features that make it hard to use.

“In addition, but not too important, HITMAN’s previous work is basically not on the EGS platform. It is not friendly to some players who do not want to cross platform but want to complete the collection of HITMAN works.”

These are issues with the way that a particular game (specifically its previous versions) is implemented and not “ease of use” issues with EGS itself.

As for the first two points, EGS has given the progress on the road map of Trello website. But they have said before that they will not launch community or creative workshop functions similar to steam.

This has bearing on when or if EGS will develop some sort of community features, but again, has no bearing on whether EGS is easy to use or not.

Add: you can’t easily download / install in EGS. For example, you only want to play the maps of Chongqing and Dubai, but you must download the whole game on EGS (only if you haven’t downloaded the game before). On steam, you can be more convenient. Before downloading, you can check which DLCs you need to download instead of downloading them all.

This part is legitimate if you find it difficult to download or install games on EGS (I don’t, particularly, but I can’t speak for anyone else). I don’t know anything about trying to only download specific maps nor do I know why I’d want to, but if that’s true, it’s a legitimate issue that EGS could improve on. I know that I can choose which maps to have installed and which add-ons, but I can’t speak to your experience.

This has nothing to do with the launcher in thecase of Hitman. You cant uninstall individual maps on H3’s Steam version either because the files are no longer separate. Which is good because the game is much smaller and dont require map managing if you run out of space.

2 Likes

In that case it isn’t an issue at all. Considering that storage now is so cheap anyway, I suspect that space management is probably not a common issue anymore at all. Not like in the old days when kilobytes were precious.

I know some people in more rural americas have bandwidth cap issues to manage too. Downloading the map you want to play in that month instead could help that.

1 Like

This does not apply to Hitman 3. You get one package around 65 gigs no matter what maps or missions you have access to.

2 Likes

I know. It was an option in H2 & 2016. It might explain lower purchases on Steam today, but probably not.