I’ve tested my theory
I started playing the game on a new account on PS4
Still getting the same error: Failed to fetch online resources
So this probably doesn’t have anything to do with carry over and stuff
And Must be something related to location or internet connection :thinking:

3 Likes

Yes, I was wrong on that

1 Like

At least we know we’re in the same boat. I for one love IO for making these games, I’ll just wait it out I suppose and see when everyone starts celebrating about being connected!

I have fairly speedy Internet and Hitman 2 still connects so I don’t think it’s a network issue on that front I’m afraid, but I’m glad you tested the theory.

So, internet connection is out of the list. It might be based on location then
But I also tried using VPN and nothing changed
I really can’t see where is the problem here
Why there is only a few of us who can’t connect? Most people are playing the game without having server issues and they’re only worrying about Progression and why the requiem pack didn’t show up

2 Likes

Has anyone tried installing the game again? :face_with_monocle: maybe that would help but I don’t want to do it in case it doesn’t do anything

I did and it’s still the same issue unfortunately.

1 Like

Not true. I couldn’t connect before transferring…

Yes, I was wrong
And I also wasn’t able to connect to the server before that carry over stuff. But I thought I’ve made it worse by doing that. Turns out I was wrong and It didn’t have anything to do with that

1 Like

Tested Hitman 2 works fine. Idk what to do.

1 Like

I kind of regret not getting it on the Xbox like I had wanted, but alas.

1 Like

I am in the same situation as you mates. I cannot login to the game for the whole day. I did the carry over transfer this morning without any issue, but I still can’t log to the server. Actually I’m playing offline. I tried even few seconds ago, but nothing changed. Pretty annoyed by that.

I live in Italy, if this could matter.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried calling the developers or emailing them? I emailed them but they said it would take a few days to get back to me and that is quite audacious considering I pre-ordered this and haven’t been able to play for a single minute yet. On Twitter they’re acting like everything is fine and that a lot of the problems have smoothed out by now so either they are not aware of how widespread this issue is or they’re choosing to ignore it for the time being either way it is quite frustrating

1 Like

I am happy other people are talking about this here, because on Twitter it didn’t seem like many people were having this issue.

And I couldn’t see any mention of this problem in IO’s tweets or in the FAQ on their blog post that they linked to, so I was worried that this problem was so off the radar for them that it would be days before I could play.

For my end, I was having trouble accessing the Progress Carryover site but I believe that was more to do with the massive volume of traffic trying to visit the site and them actively working on it. But like many people are commenting here, once I was able to get on, it went smoothly, it linked everything fine and my profile still shows everything it should. I went to the HITMAN 3 Game store on PSN and was able to select the HITMAN GOTY, and the HITMAN 2 GOLD pack fine (it already had HITMAN 3 Deluxe selected for me).

After that I tried launching the game and it would go through “Connecting” then “Authenticating” then back to “Connecting” again but then it would say “Fetching Profile” and immediately disconnect and say “Unable to connect to the HITMAN service. Failed to fetch profile information from the HITMAN server.” Every single time.

I selected “Go Offline” and it seems my access passes are working for the most part. I tested launching HITMAN Hokkaido, Patient Zero Hokkaido, HITMAN 2 Miami, and HITMAN 2 Haven Island. All the levels launched no problem. I can not even look at my ingame mastery or see any escalations or anything without being connected online, so I cant check if my mastery has carried over correctly but the Passes seem to work. It also seems that my trophies have not updated for all the things I have finished like they said it should in the blog post.

Hopefully IO will see this thread or the people talking about this and fix the problem with the servers ability to fetch profiles. Since they havent said anything about it yet I am afraid that its not one of the things they are actively working on at the moment.

Something is wrong with the profile so I think it’s on io’s part. You can swap to a different profile and play online no problem. However, on the account i linked, it won’t connect during the fetching profile thing. I hope they see this during their workday tomorrow so they can fix It up for us. I preordered but I haven’t lost hope just yet.

I emailed them. It seems they are backlogged but if enough of us do so hopefully the issue gets noticed. It is incredibly discouraging as of right now! I even linked this thread.

1 Like

I’m getting pretty angry at this. They better fix it soon. Its been 2 days already and I haven’t even played the game ffs.
Transfer appears to have been ok and H2 and H3 are linked in my IOI account.
Very frustrated as I was looking forward to this.

4 Likes

This is their email.
[email protected]

If they don’t sort this out within the next few days I will demand a full refund. How something like this doesn’t go through testing is ridiculous.

3 Likes

I’m on PS4 and have not been able to even connect to the server once lol. I got the carryover completed but none of the progress has carried over onto the actual game because it has never connected to the server to link up, it makes me need to use the bathroom!

3 Likes