Poll: AJ Nguyen or MrFreeze2244 instructions?

None. I never use coins and many of their videos likely use them. Well except to use the phone or take a cab in Mumbai but never for distraction.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I mean. There are so many things that can picked up and thrown. Most of my methods though donā€™t involve throwing things for distraction. Itā€™s one those self imposed restrictions.

2 Likes

Yeah, if the game really does require a distraction at some point, itā€™ll be there on the map, like electricity switches. The whole ā€˜distractingā€™ thing has lead to exploitation of game mechanics, all these speedruns rely on wallshots or shooting a guard in the legs so he falls and canā€™t see youā€¦ i mean whatā€™s so silent assassin about shooting everyone in the knee.

3 Likes

I like Freezeā€™s guides a lot, but most of the time I watch them after Iā€™ve already completed things for myself or if itā€™s simply a challenge that I canā€™t be bothered to figure out on my own. I just enjoy his play style as itā€™s similar to my own, so often I go ā€œwhy didnā€™t I think of thatā€ while watching. The bonus to his guides is that they are very beginner friendly, so even if the methods arenā€™t the most efficient they are generally unlikely to fail.

2 Likes

Neither of them for me. I hate being forced to watch a video when it would be so much faster for me to just skim/read. Usually, if I need to look up a hint, itā€™s not about how do I do an entire escalation or how do I complete the entire map. Itā€™s about where a specific thing is, how to get by just this one guard, or how to solve just this one puzzle. I donā€™t want to watch an entire video for that.

I am a bit of an extremist on that though. If Iā€™m reading the news and click a headline and it goes to a video page, that tab is closed pretty much by default. I watch as few videos as possible if thereā€™s a text-based alternative.

4 Likes

Weird off topic thing, but I learned what Mr Freeze looks like yesterday.

1 Like

Wow! This is not something I expected. Wild. Know he was dealing with some health issues hope heā€™s doing better!

MrFreeze2244 for the win!

I donā€™t know if heā€™s on this forum, but if he is:

THANK YOU!

1 Like

Neither. I use HitmanSeries and HowToHitman. AJā€™s guides arenā€™t really that good.
Freezes videos are too long + the allegations = no thank you.

10 Likes

i donā€™t like the way AJ cheeses it in his runs.

for his haven island, fibre wire only run he literally just put an emetic mine in the briefcase and triggered the mine next to stephen bradley :man_facepalming:this community needs to stop using cheap OP items and have some pride

The ā€œHitman Seriesā€ YouTube channel is the best Hitman walkthrough creator, IMO.

9 Likes

Same here. Iā€™ve been using their walkthroughs for some difficult challenges recently (mostly related to Sniper Assassin). Theyā€™re short, quiet, and easy.

In the past Iā€™ve used Freeze, but Iā€™ve since drifted away from that.

3 Likes

Yes, heā€™s been great since before I found his channel, and that was around feb/march 2020. Always has updates from IOI in community posts as well. Thank you, @Joe9411.

5 Likes

Back when I was starting Hitman 2016, I used MrFreeze for help with a lot of the challenges, since I didnā€™t really have a clue what I was doing back then (Absolution was the only Hitman game Iā€™d played at the time). Having someone visibly walk you through it was helpful, and he even taught me some new stuff.

Nowadays though, Iā€™ve played the games a lot more and pretty much know the mechanics upside down and inside out, so I donā€™t really need the help anymore (plus, Iā€™d rather just try and figure things out for myself). Itā€™s rare Iā€™ll get stuck on something, but if it does happen, Iā€™ll usually just look up a written guide to get an outline of what to do, then just go do it myself. That said, I did still use Freeze for some of the Sniper Assassin challenges since some of them are so specific and unintuitive, plain old text isnā€™t gonna cut it. In that case, I needed to see it done.

I know thereā€™s a bit of controversy surrounding him, but Iā€™ll always be grateful for the leg-up he gave me in the early days; even if, ironically, my skills have probably surpassed his by this point.

1 Like

Another to chuck in the mix is BADABOOOM. He seems to concentrate on Featured Contracts

1 Like