[POLL] Hitman 3 Escalations

Couldn’t find any other thread for this so I decided to make one myself after seeing it on tiermaker, thought it would be an interesting topic.

What to consider when rating escalations: If they’re part of a DLC, is it worth the money? Is the escalation linear? Is it replayable? Is the escalation enjoyable? Is the escalation difficult?

Dubai

The Asmodeus Waltz

0 voters

The Sinbad Stringent

0 voters

The Greed Enumeration

0 voters

The Phoenix Ascension

0 voters

The Sebastian Principle

0 voters

Dartmoor

The Percival Passage

0 voters

The Baskerville Barney

0 voters

The Sloth Depletion

0 voters

Dartmoor Garden Show

0 voters

Berlin

The Lesley Celebration

0 voters

The Satu Mare Delirium

0 voters

Berlin Egg Hunt

0 voters

The Lust Assignation

0 voters

Chongqing

The Lee Hong Derivation

0 voters

The Jinzhen Incident

0 voters

The Pride Profusion

0 voters

Mendoza

The Gauchito Antiquity

0 voters

The Pasquel Consortium

0 voters

Carpathian Mountains

The Proloff Parable

0 voters

1 Like

1 being the worst, 10 being the best?

3 Likes

That’s the system for the mission rating thread, so I guess so.

2 Likes

I think most of Hitman 3’s escalations are more solid than Hitman 2’s, I just wish they didn’t use the restricted loadout complication so often. Really looking forward to Lust’s escalation and the Dartmoor Garden Show!

4 Likes

i really need images for all of these :sweat_smile: i cant remember what the escalations are from their names

6 Likes

I can’t remember most of these just by the name either. :sweat_smile: Satu Mare Delirium is undoubtedly the best one though so I’m not surprised that it has the highest score so far.

6 Likes

I had to scroll through the locations while i was voting to remember :laughing:

1 Like

I wonder if the responses are “compared to any other content” or “compared to any other escalation”. I know some people simply don’t like escalations, full stop, so no escalation is ever going to be considered “good” because it’s an escalation. Others may be OK with that type of mission format. My answers were “compared to any other escalation” without regard to non-escalation content.

5 Likes

Here’s a refresher for those who forgot which are which

Worst part is when they make nice changes, like Sebastian Principle moving Stuyvesant, Ingram and his entourage, and changing routes of Sebastian and some guards; but then it’s ruined by bad complications like having to hide all the bodies in Lesley Celebration and having to randomly kill one with a hobby knife but not the others, or holographic walls and easy objectives and step by step instructions in Sebastian (I know it’s a tutorial for newbies), or the complications in Jinzhen (Either pick hide all bodies or pick no disguises, don’t slam us with both -_- )

Worse than that is when they don’t make any changes at all, like Baskerville Barney

I don’t think Phoenix deserves to be the lowest rated escalation; it gave us Pacify which was a change for once, and it added people to the maintenance area of the map, which formerly only had a stationary janitor, and was fun having to deal with guards in a new place. Still not great, but I don’t think the worst

1 Like

Egg hunt and Sanitarium was the best
LEE HONG and Romania was nice.

Little info recap of each escalation, and their thumbnail, for those who need it:
(and by ‘evolving escalation’, I mean each level takes place in a different area)

Phoenix Ascension: Pacification escalation

HITMAN 3_20210725233805

Asmodeus Waltz: Deluxe Item-related (SMG, Suit)

HITMAN 3_20210725233826

Sinbad Stringent: Throwing Knives VS Boxes

HITMAN 3_20210725233819

Greed Enumeration: Kill Targets, Collect Coins

HITMAN 3_20210725233833

Sebastian Principle: Evolving Tutorial escalation. Restricted. Changed target/NPC patterns

HITMAN 3_20210725233840

Percival Passage: Deluxe item-related (Shotgun, Suit)

HITMAN 3_20210725233851

Baskerville Barney: Kill the Carlisles in Accidents

HITMAN 3_20210725233858

Sloth Depletion: Specific Kill Conditions, Optional Target, Evolving Escalation, Vitality Meter

HITMAN 3_20210725233905

Lesley Celebration: Gradual reveal of starting locations, Kill Targets, Hide Bodies

HITMAN 3_20210725233914

Satu Mare Delirium: Deluxe-item related (Fibre-Wire, Suit), evolving escalation, variety of kill conditions. *Do Not Get Spotted.*

HITMAN 3_20210725233921

Lee Hong Derivation: Deluxe item-related (Sniper, Suit), Unique NPCs, Time Limit

HITMAN 3_20210725235421

Jinzhen Incident: Scrap Sword, Locked Doors, Rusty Crowbars, Unique Starting location, restricted.

HITMAN 3_20210725233936

Pride Profusion: Choose-your-own contracts, Kill Targets. Evolving escalation.

HITMAN 3_20210725233943

Gauchito Antiquity: Emetic Poison kills, unique HUD indicator

HITMAN 3_20210725233951

Pasquel Consortium: Sniper-related, NPC manipulation

HITMAN 3_20210725233958

Proloff Parable: Deluxe item-related (Sniper, Katana, Suit), Evolving Escalation (Kill Targets, Kill-Em-All, Total Stealth)

HITMAN 3_20210725234006

10 Likes

I just remember them like Friends titles:
Amodeus Waltz - the one where you dress as the devil
Sinbad Stringent - the one where you take out stationary targets
The Greed Enumeration - the one where you collect coins
The Phoenix Ascension - the one that was playstation exclusive for a while where you knock people out
The Sebastian Principle - the tutorial one
The Percival Passage - the one with the shotgun
The Baskerville Barney - the one where you kill the family
The Sloth Depletion - the one where you cant move
The Lesley Celebration - the one that shouldve gave us the suit
The Satu Mare Delirium - the one where you escape
Berlin Egg Hunt - the one with the poison eggs
The Lee Hong Derivation - the one on the timer
The Jinzhen Incident - the one with the rusty crowbars
The Pride Profusion - the one where you pick your weapons
The Gauchito Antiquity - the one where you kill people you make sick
The Pasquel Consortium - the one with the sniper team
The Proloff Parable - the one with the hungry blade

10 Likes

Just edited my post with pictures so it’s easier to tell which escalation is which.

3 Likes

I will vote on these shortly once I’ve refreshed my memory a little on all of them.

Interesting that Satu Mare is top. IMO this was everything that is bad about escalations (No Loadout, Instant fail and so, so linear). Also interesting that something like Gaucho Antiquity is quite low, considering how totally unique it was compared to other escalations. It’s cool to see how they all stack up though.

Baskerville Barney gives me flashbacks (but also this awesome image which I think sums up Level 3).

2 Likes

Interesting that the Escalations with pretty low rates are situated in Dubai.

1 Like

At the moment I’d say that Dubai is going to become the Paris or Miami of escalations in H3. Only good escalations in Dubai are Sinbad Stringet because of how it took a unique idea from the level and made an escalation out of it, and Sebastian Principle because overall it seemed quite high quality and a great tutorial for new players.

2 Likes

As someone who really enjoyed the Satu Mare. I think it stood out more with a whole change and vibe in the level with situation of escaping making each escalation level different which really made it feel like an old fashioned Stealth game (where instant fail could be pretty heavy).

I think only thing to make it better would of been to replace the Bikers with ICA Armed Guards and few surgeon NPCs around.

Though if they made more of these I think they would tank pretty quickly due to your criticisms but as a one-off it works.

5 Likes

I think the reason that Satu Mare is so highly ranked is that it feels more like three mini-missions instead of an escalation. Most escalations are basically doing the same thing three times. Each successive time they add something to the mix in the form of an additional complication or target but it basically the same missions three (or five) times.

Satu Mare and others like it differ from that formula by making the 2nd and 3rd levels different from the first. Different starting positions, different weapons, different targets, etc. Instead of just adding a new complication to the first level, the second level is a different mission entirely, just on the same map.

The criticism based on the limited load out, instant fail conditions, etc. is certainly fair, and it absolutely limits the ability to replay the mission, but it was a different feel from most escalations just the same.

9 Likes