Poll: Numbering of the next Hitman game

No they don’t. All they need is a little graphical update, wide-screen, HD textures and Codename 47 needs a Console Port.

I fear that with a remake they might lose their own charme and atmosphere.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t see where Codename 47 has issues with its gameplay? It has some bugs, like physics of the Headband from the Red Dragon Triad getting stuck, or the one that crashes the game if you try to skip the Lab Explosion Cutscene. It would be nice to fix stuff like that or the janky animation in the Tzun Cutscene, but the gameplay itself is absolutely fine.

The only thing that i would change about SA - beside bugfixes - would be the suspicion meter/AI, just tweak it a little so it works like in Contracts and thats it.

1 Like

Hitman:WORLD OF ASSASSINATION 2

Summary

Suspicion meter is fine once you learn how to judge it well. The balance is pretty perfect to me.

The things H2:SA needs most IMO is fixes to the myriad bugs and inconsistencies in Hidden Valley (trucks getting stuck, running over random ninjas, ninjas seeing you in the back of them 1 times out of 20, the guards being so random that there’s no reliable route across the surface), fixing bodies dropping through the floor while sedating, fixing disguises in Tracking Hayamoto since they seem busted (I guess this relates to suspicion meter, but it’s fine in most levels, it’s only this one where disguises barely seem even functional), and maybe making light/dark mechanics more consistent and sensical as it seems random when the AI will decide to spot you even though you’re mostly invisible in darkness.

Or perhaps they’re better off just leaving well enough alone. I agree that remakes would make them lose more than they would gain. Those games were made back when games were hard, even unfair at times, but by design… trying to make them ‘fairer’ or hand holdy would most likely ruin what those of us who love them love about them. The new games are great at being fairer and more accessible, but that
approach likely can’t just be injected into the old games without ruining them. Better off just making a new game with homages to the original levels (like WoA already did to a large extent).

EDIT: Only just noticed how damn old that reply is and this thread by extension. It popped up in recently active, so…

3 Likes